It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's a ghost!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hi,

I was wondering how you would react if you saw a ghost. To begin let us assume there is life after death.

Now let us assume that after death for some reason known only to that person they are not only willing but able to come back to Earth as a ghost. (Honestly after I die you can all # off.)

O.K. we have a ghost.
Would it freak you out? Would you go hide in bed with your mommy?!? (let’s not kid ourselves a lot of you live with your mom.)

Would you talk to the ghost? What would you say?

Would you curl up in a ball and cry?

Would you attack the ghost?

Would you offer it tea and cookies?

How would you react?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: minusinfinity

Depends on if it's a naked lady ghost.

Not like the one in the Shining.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Not enough info.

Friendly or hostile ghost?
Ugly male or hot female?

Can we talk to each other?

Assuming friendly and can communicate I'd want to know next weeks lottery numbers.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace

Depends on if it's a naked lady ghost.

Not like the one in the Shining.

No. The ghost is fully clothed. This is not a freaky fantasy. lol

The ghost is not hostile. Just a ghost.....

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

The ghost is gender neutral, not hostile, not psychic just a ghost.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

What about a Ninja ghost?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I think I would be frozen with shock... and then I would immediately start to question my sanity and/or ability to see properly. I would think of a million reasons to explain away what I saw.

I believe in the possibility of ghosts and believe in the reality that things exist well beyond our understanding -- but I honestly think this would still be my reaction.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

What VegHead said.
I've had things happen to me that some would accept as ghostly, but there are too many logical explanations for me to accept it as something more than mundane.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Staring in ultimate shock, pulling blanket closer to the eyes.. seeking camping headlights i have on the table, with left hand. Then i point the light to the ghost and i will stare it so long that it feels uncomfortable and dissapear !

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

It depends on how it reacts to me.

I've seen ghosts, talked to spirits, and have experienced darker,
so a ghost isn't much of a scare.

Although they do kind of get an Oh hey! response from me, but then it all depends on what and where and how and what the reaction of the spirit is.

A good example is one night when my wife and I were here at home. I walked into the dining room and as I got about 3 feet from my kitchen table, I had something knock on it very hard.
My wife even got up to see what was going on as we both could see the table and there was no way anyone could of missed the knock. My reaction was to investigate the table to make sure it was not just something falling over (although the power behind the knock would of broken something) and then to tell whatever it was that we heard it, and know it is there.

Then we just went about our business.

Ghosts are not all that scary once you get used to them.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I'd make him my chauffeur.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I've seen two for sure, absolutely 110% positive! it's still burned clear in my memory and changed the way I see the world/universe forever...

So my first reaction was "paralysed" paralysed with fear, an almost powerful electric pins and needle sensation all over my body I felt momentarily senseless afterwards

I'd pretty much bet my life that anyone else would feel the same way if they where alone, I guess it all depend on the frequency of occurrences, I was quite young the first time around, second time it was less intense feelings as I was more curious as to what my eyes where seeing, 3 time I felt I could have settled enough to attempt some form of communication before the thing disappeared

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Already have met the other side but not in ghost visual form so I am kinda over being scared at all about the unseen.

Probably ask it what it was doing here and probably try to calm it down if there was an issue.

Never met a ghost that was scary. I have encountered negative energy/information and that can be really nasty. Have met several humans that are insanely scary and cause extreme damage to their surrounding.
edit on 4-8-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead
I think I would be frozen with shock... and then I would immediately start to question my sanity and/or ability to see properly. I would think of a million reasons to explain away what I saw.

I believe in the possibility of ghosts and believe in the reality that things exist well beyond our understanding -- but I honestly think this would still be my reaction.

Sometimes knowing to much can be a double edged sword.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
some of my best friends are ghosts .. depends which ones drop by to visit .. for some I set out a beer .. for childrens ghosts set out some toys and candy for them .. as to talking to them.. same as talking with living people.. though ghosts far less annoying than the living and ghosts have better manners than the living..

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

If you only knew how much I love that song.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Thank you to the few who replied.

We will die but our comments may live forever.

new topics

top topics

join