It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Create 100 million Jobs Now! Release The Hidden Technology.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
Why is everyone always so eager to use technology so we can get back to work?

Why wouldnt we use technology as to provide us with way more free time? While we are at it, lets get rid of money as to reinstate equality, amongst many many other wonderful ideals.

Work, pffft!

Stage One, you set up alternative systems like hydroponic farms and water technology.

If you work to set them up, you will end up with a lot more free time as you partially decouple from the grid.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Instead, give us the knowledge. All of the knowledge. Explain in details how to build our own aquaponics at home, how to build our own electricity generator at home, how to build our own water desalinization at home.

Great idea. But I can't 'give' anyone the knowlege. It's all out there for people to find for themselves.

If I wrote at the level you're talking about, the thread would be 100's of pages long.

You don't value information spoonfed to you.

You've gone from saying 'this is impossible because there's no money,' to 'we can do this with no money'

Quick turnaround.

I don't care how people implement this locally.

Got to go.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Then all members of society is given a mission: save the World. He or she reads every informations on how to build things which we gathered. He/she doesn't need to be good at everything - all he/she needs to do is try and be good at one of those things. Other people will be prefer building other things, doing other things. All of us becoem experts in our own field. At one point all members of society become near-self-sufficient. All they then have to do is share their resource with their neighbour and here you go, one big self-sustaining society, no crowdfunding needed, no loan needed.

How are you going to coerce people into the mines, the recycling plants, the factories, etc.? Because all of this stuff still needs to be built by someone, and the only way you're going to get people to spend their lives sweating, garnering the raw materials to make someone else rich is to force them to do it, either directly or through economic manipulation.

Where's it all coming from? And I'm not talking about the money.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: HiAliens

Great idea. But I can't 'give' anyone the knowlege. It's all out there for people to find for themselves.

My point exactly.

Actually, I do. One of my greatest hobby is electricity generation.

I feel like your OP is basically telling us to donate to you our money because you "don't" see any other way we can do this without your help.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
How are you going to coerce people into the mines, the recycling plants, the factories, etc.?

Er, why would people need to mine if we can recycle all the material we already have?

Why not offer these people free lodgement and food? If they are the pillar of a functioning society, such as you seem to suggest, then what is wrong with paying them with everything they need to lead a good life when their job is done? Also, why can't more than one people perform this job in a day?

I see plenty of solutions, why are you talking about coercion?

Additionally, if this is such a problem, how will the OP's alternative solve it?

edit on 29-7-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Great Read Thanks

Mind I feel 'Crowd funding' is no different than Tax except that its a choice of how much you want to support and when on which projects.

Except for this plan to work, everyone will need to donate and it will have to be divided up into the different projects....basically Tax at the end of the day.

Saying that......Id say pump up the Tax rates!

Now I know most won't understand from my point but I will try.....

I have benefited as a lot of people I know because of Tax from the local populace. For instance Tech wise,I bought a place 2 years ago and it was a blank canvas and needed everything fitted from scratch. A small list of what Tax has provided me.
Solar Panels - 35% of the price
My Water and Electricity connection to my home (With monitor for usage and progression charts)
Tarmac Road built leading up to my garage (before just dirt and no drainage)
Replaced the Street lights with nicer ecofriendly ones
The new Wifi Hotspots all over my area.
Also I am interested in a new Electric car, If I scrap my old one id get 25% off the price of a new Electric car and reduced(free for now)Charging points across the country.

The list can go on a bit but I focused on the tech side as per the OP I know other areas and other countries are be better or worse than my situation but that's what Tax does, it pays for a lot of future tech and become renewable. Just takes time and im sure in the future more an more would be available to us as new tech becomes older tech(affordable) and before you know it we are stepping closer to a better word already. What the problem is IMO is it is still decided by Government/Leader at the end of the day, if they decide and truly want to go down this route then they can. Most however have other priorities and possibly single mindedness to be thinking of now not tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I would like to see them release the 3D food printer. No more going to the store!! You wanna hamburger? Pizza? Spicy shrimp? Just print it out. The gov will always have tech that is decades ahead because they cannot let other countries advance. Releasing it would either make the world a better place, or, it would be a living nightmare.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

I'd agree, but the thing is, the printer needs to be supplied with "ink" (edible stuff) to print the food... the true revolution would come when the machine will be able to produce its own edible stuff supply.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I completely agree that these are the types of solutions that we need to seek. We cannot continue down this path. Commune-ities are what we need, and these types of solutions would thrive in such environments.

I think a major change needs to come in how we structure our lives. We all live in separate homes, often with so much unused space (space that you have to spend money heating and cooling and maintaining), we drive separate cars, meals that go to waste, think of how much left overs are thrown away every year. How many people spend over an hour every day commuting, alone.

Now not just speaking of $$ in waste, but time. You have to work x amount of hours to cover all of the above said expenses that sit unused so much. What if you didn't have to make dinner every night because you shared that responsibility with 5 other families? A centralized kitchen with private sleeping areas would go a long way to cut down on our time commitments. Add in some of these other technologies and each commune-ity could be its own self dependent city.

Of course getting 2 people to agree to anything is a challenge let alone living and working together for the common good. Which is why I only see this happening en masse after a major catastrophe where people have the fear again. WE've lost that in the west. No knowledge of having to do what it takes to make it work. Our laziness culture has everyone expecting everything for nothing. The Walking Dead does a good job of exploring this dynamic of making it work. Hopefully we don't need a zombie apocalypse to push us to get it together.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

How are you going to coerce people into the mines, the recycling plants, the factories, etc.?

I'm going to stick a pretty girl outside the mine door, and play haunting psychotronic music.

Because all of this stuff still needs to be built by someone, and the only way you're going to get people to spend their lives sweating, garnering the raw materials to make someone else rich is to force them to do it, either directly or through economic manipulation.

I hope these materials don't get produced by sweatshops in developing countries.

I want them to be made by SME's, and cottage industry village workshops etc. Most of the systems I'm talking about are fairly low tech. You could make most of this stuff in a small town with available materials.

There's no forcing. People need jobs. Have you noticed?

So....some bright spark crowdfunds 10,000 start up capital, and employs 5 local people.

????

Profit.

Where's it all coming from? And I'm not talking about the money.

The Free Market Will Rise Again.

edit on 30-7-2014 by HiAliens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Maltese5Rhino

Maltese5Rhino!

Handle of the week.

Tax is involuntary.
Crowdfunding is voluntary.

Tax is massively inefficient. (How much gets siphoned off by the faceless men? I guess 95 percent)

Crowdfunding is very efficient. Barring the odd failure, money gets spent on what's promised.

Saying that......Id say pump up the Tax rates!

No. Do the opposite, slash tax, and let capital naturally flow towards transformative businesses.

Businesses have two driving factors: Competition and Reputation. Bad restaurants, rude hairdressers, lazy shopkeepers fail.

Government projects don't have to deal with competition and reputation. They can carry on putting out a sloppy service, no one can stop them til voting time. And even then, most civil contracts carry on regardless.

I believe in goverment, and tax, but it should be limited by 95 per cent.

People should get a choice where their money is spent.

I don't agree that everyone would have to donate. People who are broke donate nothing. People with a dollar spare give a dollar. People with 100, give 100.

Crowdfunding is very powerful on a local scale, because you can actually SEE the projects being built in your town.

We waste 1 billion on ciggies, and another 1 billion on alcohol, per day.

It might take ages with no government or mainstream media support, but these ideas are breaking through. The embargo can't last forever.

The capital is out there, what's tough is breaking the media blockade.

Blogesterol.

edit on 30-7-2014 by HiAliens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
M5Rhino,

I'm sure tax has done good things in your town, but how much more transformation would there have been if that money had gone towards local changemakers with a plan?

www.pozible.com
www.startsomegood.com

Your gov has scalped 80-95 bucks from every 100 it took. They gave you 5-10 back and you thanked them.

Governments don't give anyone money, the move it from one sector of society to another.

Even the most well meaning, nice, honest government is still no way near as diligent and flexible as an ultralight SME.

Too much bureaucracy.

Interim Period

It'll take 10-20 years to transition from a heavy taxation system to a crowdfunded free market model.

In the meantime, I support more and VOTING from the public as to where money gets spent.

Voting on where gov cash goesshould be a normal part of the week.

"Hey Queensland, we collected 200 billion in revenue this quarter.

Should we spend 10 billion on a solar farm, or home wind turbines?

Do you want organic dairies, new coconut farms, or a new mango plantation?

Should we fund 5 schools for musicians, 10 schools for handicapped kids, or a swanky opera house, or a new agricultural university?

That'd be a passable transition model.

Why not just "give it back" to the populace through a crowdfunding mechanism?

It's OUR money.

Direct, economic democracy.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Zardust,

Those sound like cool ideas. I'd love it if someone cooked a big meal for the whole apartment block.

That's why I think restaurant licences should be abolished. Let everyone cook at home and sell it if they want. Don't treat 'em like criminals. Air Bn'B have gone a long way towards forcing deregulation in the hotel sector.

Ideas like these have to develop organically, they can't be forced on people from the top down.

Armageddon has been cancelled due to lack of interest.

It's 2014.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Actually, I do. One of my greatest hobby is electricity generation.

Wind power? You've made a lot of hot air in this thread. j/k

I feel like your OP is basically telling us to donate to you our money because you "don't" see any other way we can do this without your help.

Never asked for no money. Ppl can do this themselves. Just get on Kickstarter and do it.

I *might* sell a 5 dollar ebook on my blog site. I -might- link to my blog in my siggy. But I cleared that, in detail, with Springer last year. If you don't like that, talk to the staff, not me.

6 years of research in these threads.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
I would like to see them release the 3D food printer. No more going to the store!! You wanna hamburger? Pizza? Spicy shrimp? Just print it out. The gov will always have tech that is decades ahead because they cannot let other countries advance. Releasing it would either make the world a better place, or, it would be a living nightmare.

3d food printing is fascinating, but I'm worried about the raw foodstuff they'd use. Would it be GMO, or cause health problems?

We have TONS of food on Earth. 50 per cent just never makes it to the plate.

Solar dehydration, 3 day sprout farms and less waste are the key.

Case in point: 60 million tons of Rice Bran wasted per year.

www.ehow.com...

Rice bran is healthy and delicious with oats, fruit and honey.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Oh yeah don't get me wrong no matter where you are or which goverment you pay tax to, it is always siphined off. Not 95% in my opinion but then again these faceless men end up setting up a company with that stolen tax money and then hire a couple hundred people in the process. When you live in a country smaller than most cities you really do see what goes on and who gets the money and what they do with it. We have politicans all over that get convicted and most do not but its obvious they have been in the wrong. What is the point of stealing money if not to spend it? Corruption is everywhere and crazy I know, but as long as it goes back into the comunity why not? Yes several men and women end up set for life after a few years 'working' in the goverment sector but then I see the extra business these now wealthy people produce.

I still find tax is the same as Crowd funding though..

I don't agree that everyone would have to donate. People who are broke donate nothing. People with a dollar spare give a dollar. People with 100, give 100.

If you do not have enough income you do not get taxed. Fair enough I think where I am, you have to be under 500Euros a month to qualify for no tax. If you earn alot then you get taxed more, to be honest we would be paying more money as a whole with the crowdfuning system which in that case I agree with you. As there is a limit in most Tax schemes once you hit the highest tax bracket.

We waste 1 billion on ciggies, and another 1 billion on alcohol, per day.

Yep Tax got us here on that one.... I am a smoker was paying less than 3euros for tobacco five years ago, now paying nearly 8euros.....in those five years general Tax has not gone up but A state of the art hospital large enough for the country, A new Powerstation to cover our lacking power so far and a better 'front scheme' to beutify the island for more tourist revenue. Just to name the top 3 in my mind so far, there have been alot more im sure.

People should get a choice where their money is spent.

Agian not everywhere is like this but I know in UK and here that I can easily make an appointment and speak with my 'voted' for MP and discuss my concerns/requests for certian projects in the future. I can comunicate with my local comunity and get a letter signed with the request and as long as it is of sound benefit to the comunity then it goes ahead.

I understand I come across very odd and I do believe in Crowd funded ideas, I think it is the way forward. But the way this idea is to me is another Tax, which many people will not abide by.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
You speak as if we humans are all on the same team...LOL

Sorry to break it to you ,... but we are NOT...

There is a class of humans that are not interested in sharing the future with the rest of us...

Pull your head out of your NAIVE ass,...sorry to be so blunt...

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: coastlinekid
You speak as if we humans are all on the same team...LOL

Sorry to break it to you ,... but we are NOT...

There is a class of humans that are not interested in sharing the future with the rest of us...

Pull your head out of your NAIVE ass,...sorry to be so blunt...

What? You mean some humans are DISHONEST?

No way!

WHO?

And here was me thinking we'd all be holding hands round a campfire by Christmas.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Maltese5Rhino

You've raised a bunch of good points. I'll think about them and get back to you.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Who?

I know your response to my post is facetious, but if you really want to know "who" is not on our side then that will take more than this thread to enlighten you...

You speak of all these obvious reasons why we can't just all get along...well...hidden tech is part of it...but,... again...
the reason tech is hidden is because there is a much bigger situation going on...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join