It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Pandora FOIA: Mind Control, Microwaves and MJ-12

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Successful researcher, Nick Redfern posted an interesting blog this month that pointed out how one of the MJ-12 documents was found at the back of a FOIA release (pdf link). He doesn’t say how it came to his attention and it isn’t clear how long the documents have been in-the-wild before the bizarre inclusion was noticed. Michael S Heiser has also commented on the release over at his informative new site.

The document release is about Projects Pandora and Bizarre and tells a fascinating tale of secret research into the effects of microwave radiation on mice, rats, monkeys and…humans. The tests were conducted in the 1950s/1960s and the names we see suggest that they were also looking for new weapons whilst worrying that the Soviets had already weaponised microwave radiation. The FOIA request is from a writer who was alleged to have been targeted with mind-control technology based on microwave radiation. It’s quite a story and has led to the projects being taken as proof that certain groups were/are using mind-control technology on randomly chosen people.

How the Projects Pandora/Bizarre began

Back in the mid-60s, US embassy staff in Moscow discovered that they were being targeted with a steady stream of microwave radiation (MR). A CIA security sweep had registered unusual MR patterns – the ‘Moscow signal.’ It was a massive concern to national security, wobbly diplomatic relations and the Intelligence community. It caused enough concern in Washington that Project Pandora was created to investigate the effects of MR and to see if staff were at risk. To this day, the US is still unclear about what happened…or why.

Under the project, they built anechoic chambers and began directing MR at rats and mice for extended periods of time and under various conditions – fed, awake, asleep etc. Separate studies, under the project, carried out the same experiments on primates and focused the MR on brains.

Another study was carried out by Dr Kubis on sailors aboard the USS Saratoga - they tested for injuries, plasma damage, diminished thinking and reaction times. Further research went into the circumstances surrounding Downs Syndrome births in Baltimore.

Excerpts of findings from Kubis' Saratoga Report

Source pdf (page 3)

'External distribution'

Despite the seeming lack of evidence to support the weaponisation of MR, the 'external’ people who were copied in to all correspondence prove quite interesting. Paul Tamarkin's ’s published research focused on nuclear detonations in the atmosphere. This was part of the pursuit of an early-warning system when the threat of nuclear attack was a reality. Richard S Cesaro is described by NASA historians:

From the Air Force came dynamic and aggressive Richard S. Cesaro. He was recommended to York by Richard Horner, assistant secretary of the Air Force for R&D, and came to ARPA in June.12 Cesaro, a long-time employee of NACA in propulsion research and committee management, had moved to the Air Research and Development Command headquarters in January and was the technical director for aeronautics and astronautics. Cesaro was a master at maneuvers in government decision-making processes, a technical gadfly, and an aggressive proponent for using advanced technology.
NASA histories

HM Grove’s published research focused on the lethality of MR on rats and the the ‘'generation of acoustic signals by pulsed microwave energy'.’ It’s possible his research was looking for a way to use MR as a debilitating beam and also exploring ways of disrupting minds with acoustic interference.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Results?

Throughout these tests, the results were always a disappointment and showed very few differences in test subjects. In fact, they found that a minor effect might be found in one subject on one day that wouldn’t be found in the same subject the next day. The conclusions of Project Pandora didn’t help Washington at all and the directed radiation continued until 1975. Years later in 1988, those who were involved were still expressing confusion about what exactly the Russians had been doing for all those years.

FOIA requests and interesting characters

The person who first applied for the FOIA release is an author most of us haven’t heard of, but will recognise one of his books immediately – The Bible Code by Michael Drosnin. The reason why he wanted to know about Project Pandora is because he was alleged to have been targeted by mind-control technology. What makes this more interesting is the person making that allegation was CB ‘Scott’ Jones who was also associated with members of the Aviary - the MJ-12 document is therefore rather a fun synchronicity. It’s also a cool irony that Drosnin’s book claimed to decipher secret signals and here he was allegedly on the receiving end of more of them…
According to Jones:

I was witness to this in the Washington, D.C. FBI headquarters when they used it on Michael Drosnin in an outrageous demonstration of their command of the technology, and willingness to use it to end a meeting that was forced on them by Senator Pell to discuss FBI involvement in mind control research. The senior FBI person at that meeting was Assistant Deputy for Investigations, Douglas Gow.
pdf link (page 3)

Skeptical researcher and journalist, Jack Brewer, has interviewed Jones for his UFOTrail blog and described his career:

His long and prestigious military career began in 1946 when he joined the Navy. His remarkable service included intelligence collection and support throughout Southeast Asia, the Middle East and North Africa. Jones was assigned to the Naval Scientific and Technical Intelligence Center where he headed the Missiles, Ordinance and Astronautics Division. In that position he oversaw the production of intelligence reports for the Navy and Defense Intelligence Agency at all classification levels. Jones chaired, supported and coordinated multiple inter-agency intelligence operations. He briefed the President's Scientific Advisory Committee and testified before House and Senate committees and sub-committees.

We can see that CB Jones was a heavy-hitter and might presume that whatever he said was said for a reason. That doesn’t necessarily mean that he believed Drosnin was targeted by some secret mind-control technology or that his work with the Exopolitics crowd is that of a believer. Those in Intel work in mysterious ways…

MJ-12, aviary and mischief

The late 80s and early 90s were a busy time for the apparent adventures of those connected to the Intelligence world. We had Richard Doty (AFOSI) moving in ufological circles and telling everyone about deals with aliens. We had Bill Moore declaring that he had been an Intelligence asset and we had the UFO field being saturated with MJ-12 documents. These activities were alleged to have been motivated by a group called the ‘Aviary’ and Jones was thought, by some, to have been one of them. The Aviary supposedly included figures like Dr Kit Green (CIA), Col. John Alexander (US Army retired), Hal Puthof (physicist) and Harry Rositke (CIA).

In the light of all these connections, it’s not as surprising as it should be that the Eisenhower Briefing Document (EBD) has somehow become attached to the Pandora Project FOIA release. Is there an elegant symmetry in the way CB ‘Scott’ Jones is associated with the alleged creators of the MJ-12 documents, the reason for the FOIA and its appearance in the release? Maybe…

Whatever the truth may be, back in 1990 when this was released, the physical copies of these files were collected together and I can’t help wondering why the EBD should have been physically present too? For what reason was it included? The scribbled message suggests it wasn’t accidentally included and it was 2 years after the FBI labelled the MJ-12 docs as hoaxes. Why would this single MJ-12 document be included where the others were not?

We'll never know and maybe it's better that way?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Well that is both interesting and confusing in equal measure , what does one have to do with the other ?
I'm having a problem wrapping my head around why the DoD Foia office would include the EBD on what appears to be an unrelated Foia document and write on it that it's unauthenticated ... so why include it ?

I'm glad it's Saturday cause I'm going to be pondering this all night

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Having a PHYSICAL copy of the document I find incriminating in and of itself. If only we could get the original.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Hiya mate

It's a mystery. As far as I'm aware, the archives are made up of box files sorted against year and subject with paper files that cross reference in the same way public libraries are organised. If that's the case, how would it even be possible for an archivist to include a 1980s hoax document with serious 1960s files?

Subject, references and dates don't jive at all.

The inclusion might have served some obscure purpose back in 1990 that's meaningless today. There's mischief

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Having a PHYSICAL copy of the document I find incriminating in and of itself. If only we could get the original.

You make a very good point...the EBD was only ever an image on a roll of film.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

There is a tenuous link between the two that I can think of but it needs suspension of disbelief

Let's assume for arguments sake that the EBD is real , in a thread by The Gut he postulated that the research into microwaves and electromagnetism by military-intelligence scientists could have stemmed from recovered ET technology , so linking Project Pandora to the recovery of materials from the "Roswell crash" and the inclusion of the EBD
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hows that grab ya mate , I know it's a stretch but I want to believe

edit on 26-7-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   

That's an interesting thread isn't it? I didn't read ATS for a few months last year and missed it.

Do you remember that Kevin Bacon thing about everything can be connected to him? Seems the same in these areas when the same names are always one step removed from everything else.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

When I read of Project Pandora in your OP the first name that came into my head was Col. Alexander and his non lethal weaponry interests , Pandora certainly fits into that and I agree with the six degrees of separation thought , the three amigos do seem to be there or thereabouts in relation to this kind of stuff.

It seems likely to me that the EBD was planted by the dark arts practitioners to be found and for connections to be made but I find it strange that it's only now been discovered , or at least commented upon.

The rabbit hole is deep and has many twists and turns.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Yeah I agree that it was deliberately added to the files which takes us back to the 'why?' It'd been out doing the rounds from the mid-80s so it seems a little late to the party.

The role of Drosnin is intriguing as he seemed to believe that the Bible Code was installed by another intelligence. That theme is familiar when we consider the Aviary guys and those associated with them. They've often been a step removed from overarching narratives of ancient aliens controlling the path of humanity and introducing religions.

I struggle to understand the Intel motivation for trying to inject these ideas into UFO lore. The incentives don't seem to be there and aren't fully explained even through Cold War hysteria or data-protection a la Project Beta.

Incidentally, I feel like I should offer you a cup of tea or a beer. Talk about a quiet thread

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Just wanted to bump this most worthy thread. I have been plowing through the thread linked above by member The GUT, and I am ashamed to say that I just didn't have time to read through it when it was fresh. Or I didn't have the mental faculty to absorb the meat of it because I was so stretched thin at the time. Well, lately I have been granted a slight reprieve from the aforementioned mental duress and have endeavored to "catch up" as it were.

I am working my way through the above mentioned thread because I really have a lot to say about that discussion, that, sadly, is a day late and a dollar short. I spoke with TG when he was formulating that thread and he gave me the link to Forbidden Science II by Doc Jock at that time. I read that and had a lot of things to comment on at the time but I can't believe it's been almost a year since he posted it. I've been under attack by something, either my own mind, Uncle Sam, or outsiders is still not clear, but I'd like to get back in the game while I have a reprieve.

Damn, I sound like a nutbag, don't I?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
When I posted this thread, it was done in haste when it should have been left to stew for a while and read around the different strands. The reference by CB Jones to Drosnin’s alleged ‘mind-control’ attack isn’t dated so there’s no immediate way to know if it prompted the FOIA. The Bible Code came much later and we’re left without an obvious trigger for Drosnin’s request for the Pandora files.

They do represent links to popular conspiracy fears about mind-control technology and searching ‘Pandora Project’ leads to dozens of dedicated MC sites. The question remains whether Drosnin’s focus was on MC or something else?

As it happens, Drosnin was a career journalist during the 1970s and worked for both the Wall Street Journal and the Washington Post. In 1975 he wrote a lengthy article that implicated the CIA in involvement with the extreme torture of Viet-Cong prisoners – the Phoenix Program. The allegations were that the CIA provided names and prisoners to Con Son prison. The political prisoners were kept in ‘tiger cages’ that were 5’ x 9’ and contained 3 to a cage shackled to the floor. They’d be burned with lime, have legs broken and so on. These interrogations would then generate Intel data for the CIA. The charges amounted to systematic war crimes being paid with the US dollar. Drosnin’s article has been referenced in at least a dozen academic publications and has been quite influential.

In the mid-80s, Drosnin published a book based on the memos of Howard Hughes. These garbled memos covered years of his private thoughts and business dealings. They included bribery of Senators and attempts to control the White House. They also covered a variety of alleged misdeeds by the CIA.

What happened in the subsequent years to prompt that particular FOIA and why someone chose to drop in the EBD is anyone’s guess. Similarly, how he went from controversial, investigative journalism to writing that aliens hid secret messages in the Bible is open to speculation.

According to the biographies, Drosnin’s head was originally turned by an Alexander Rotenberg. This guy was educated in Moscow during the period when the ‘Moscow signal’ was in operation and developed the idea of ‘codes’ within the Torah.

a reply to: wtbengineer

Thanks for the bump
TheGut's been quiet recently which means he's up to mischief and will have something in the pipeline.

I've been under attack by something, either my own mind, Uncle Sam, or outsiders is still not clear, but I'd like to get back in the game while I have a reprieve.

Chickens and eggs? I think these subjects attract borderline crazy folk and that they can also create borderline crazy folk. I guess having a technology that could encourage gullibility, scrambled thinking and negate their credibility would be something useful, huh? Might explain how someone investigating national war crimes ends up thinking they can see secret signals in old books? /speculation

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Chickens and eggs indeed. Yeah, that kind of tech would be useful wouldn't it? I think you may be right about that last part, I've been the one lately seeing things that my rational mind tells me can't really be there. Doesn't make the anxiety any less though just cause you think it's in your head...

I'll be looking forward to whatever The GUT is working on, he always comes up with the best stuff. I'm about half way through the thread linked above from last October. For whatever reason, I just couldn't sit down and read it back then. Right now I am enthralled with it though, gotta finish up and comment on that one.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

It seemed to be worth having a punt on Senator Pell to possibly work out if, or when, the alleged meeting took place. Surprisingly, there’s definite evidence that Pell was aware of Drosnin in 1991 which is around the period of the FOIA. There’s also a small confirmation that Drosnin was indeed interested in ‘electro-magnetic weaponry’ as Claibourne Pell’s Senatorial papers archive include a file on that subject by Drosnin.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, we can also see the usual players operating within the same circles as Pell and they may have been attracted by his belief in the paranormal. Did he have those beliefs before or after meeting Jones et al? Whatever the case, he’d met Uri Geller and he was another one loosely connected to the same folk via Stanford Research Institute. There’s also evidence that Col. Alexander was in the midst with Pell and Jones.

Seems to me that certain people become 'useful idiots' and it's inscrutably hard to identify who were actual idiots and what the game was back then. The EBD had no obvious reason for being in the FOIA and yet there it is.

Whatever instigated it is lost back in the late 80s and early 90s.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Kandinsky, I posted a thread on this today, and didn't realize you had already posted this. I am moving my comments here. Please feel free to delete my thread.

This is pretty strange. A "fake" UFO and alien document, one that those "UFO enthusiasts" either intentionally hoaxed, or were duped by the CIA/NSA, shows up on a DoD website. At least that is how the majestic 12 documents are viewed by the mainstream.

This either:

1. Proves that the Eisenhower briefing was a legitimate document about real events.
2. It was hoaxed by the CIA and it was out in here to further confuse UFO researchers.
3. Some UFO nut, who happened to be a clerk scanning documents, added it in here for fun.

Seems like every one should be asking questions about this document showing up on the DoD site, but few notice. Strange. This is very compelling.
edit on 1-8-2014 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2014 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Well all very 'bizarre'.

It all points to a number of possibilities from being a clerical mistake when being copied/scanned to something more?

Sorry I can't offer anything more than that. But it is intriguing.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This is a fascinating read, like the plot of a novel! The American embassy in Russia exposed to a mysterious microwave beam from the Russians which sends USA into a mass panic, resulting in seriously inethical human experiments. The experiments also seem a little pointless to me, surely they could have just done observational analyses on the psychological, physiological effects of the people working in the embassy.
edit on 1-8-2014 by twfau because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Ok, I've dug up all I can find on Sen. Pell, and I don't see any link between him and the EBD. Maybe I'm missing something, if so, could you fill me in? I know about Pell's fringe interests and I do believe that Pell was aware of Drosnin back in '91 but it seems to me a tenuous link between the EBD and Pell.

I want to believe that the EBD is real, I really do. It just seems strange that it was included with these other documents. I work for the government and I know how things can get screwed up with administrative crap, but important things are really scrutinized.

I know I should probably not even state the above since they can trace everything I do if they so desire. I'm sure they know I post on this site because I spend some time at work reading stuff on here. In fact, that's the main time I get on ATS. That's why I kind of hold back sometimes, well, most times. I'd like to think that I can come here with anonymity, but I know that's not the case. In fact, what the gubmint knows about what I'm doing is the source of my panic attacks that I mentioned earlier.

The panic attacks are not related to my ATS posts, just want to make that clear. Ok, so now I guess they know even more...

edit on 8/2/2014 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Every time I try to get out, they pull me back in. Epic thread thread and hyper-intriguing. You did an excellent job of framing it, Sir!
Hooray and a a big thumbs up for Nick, too, of course.

My synapses are coughing and choking into life. Pedal to the floor style. I hope this broken down chassis called The GUT doesn't sling a rod. I can only imagine what it's doing to the uber-sharp Jack Brewer. I'm betting he'll have some very important contributions on this in the near future.

Funny, the Phoenix Project was on my mind today concerning related topics. Out of the blue. I'm convinced that those war crimes provided a lot of information applicable to the MK-Ultra umbrellas. Kevin Freaking Bacon indeed. (I love the smell of Boston Butt in the morning.)
All that haphazard torture and hellishness and nothing to show for it but culpability and shattered lives on both continents. Bastards.

Interesting, too, that Ft. Dietrich was suggested as as a pool for providing (rather damn easily it seems) test subjects for MR & related research.

One thing that jumps to immediate attention is that although one arm of MR research might express puzzlement as to the efficacy of MR and the purpose of the woodpecker, there are other official documents from different branches that do show a progression and admission of advances towards it's weaponization. Pretty definitively, too. I think that might be key when puzzling aspects of this together. Plus; "Protection of eyes and gonads" my ass. That's CYA talk found in most human-use documents that might get someone appropriately guillotined some day. At least by the smarter sell-outs and/or sociopaths.

MJ-12? Hrmmmm. Gots some ideas forming. We'll see.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Perhaps unsurprisingly, we can also see the usual players operating within the same circles as Pell and they may have been attracted by his belief in the paranormal. Did he have those beliefs before or after meeting Jones et al? Whatever the case, he’d met Uri Geller and he was another one loosely connected to the same folk via Stanford Research Institute. There’s also evidence that Col. Alexander was in the midst with Pell and Jones.

A once famous ATSer wrote a thread about all roads lead to Rome...

I think he got it wrong. In my research it seems that:

All roads lead to Stanford.

The spaghetti agencies funneled all sorts of money through there for many projects. Many of them relating to topics touched on in this thread. You could look at MK, Psychic programs, EM weapons, Brain research, and so much more...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join