It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The chemtrails ruined my blue sky! Here's why...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48
....explaining exactly WHY persistent contrails can appear suddenly in a clear blue sky and persist.

Because some individuals chose to indulge in yet another heavily advertised pastime organised by degenerate manipulators?

Jet travel is highly addictive. My advice to those who haven't taken this path is don't. It's a downward spiral into addiction. Once hooked logical thought ceases. The justifications given for choosing jet travel are similar to the justifications given by heroin addicts.

edit on 27 7 2014 by Kester because: ?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagicWand67
a reply to: Rob48

So let me get this straight.

You want us to forget that airplanes are spewing out toxic and other harmful gases in their exhaust.

You want everyone to focus on the water in the exhaust.

And how the water contributes to these man made clouds that spread out causing global warming.

But you want us to blame Mother nature for those man made clouds that cause global warming.

It's not the fault of your industry that these man made clouds cause global warming.

It's mother natures fault that planes fly through the air polluting our environment.

Way to go.

No. What I want is for people to stop spreading rubbish about "chemtrails".

Let me remind you of the chemtrail theory: that the lines we see in the sky are not ordinary contrails but are in fact some form of secret spraying program of unknown chemicals, which started in 1999 or 2001 or 1995 or whichever date the believer you listen to has chosen at random.

Pollution has nothing to do with the chemtrail theory. Chemtrail proponents would have you believe that the "spray" has nothing to do with the engine exhaust at all!

I'm all for reduced air travel. It is environmentally wasteful. It certainly isn't "my industry" either. I work in the newspaper industry.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

I want you to explain your hoax title.

What does that contribute?

Are you going to respond to this question?

I'd really like to know the answer to this.

"The chemtrails ruined my blue sky! Here's why..."

Who's the one spreading rubbish?

edit on 27-7-2014 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Could it be you have the science right but the motivation wrong? Could it be the massive negative effects of jet travel are for some reason deliberate. What I see is the chemtrail/contrail circus getting lots of attention while the actual effects experienced on the ground as a result of jet travel are not discussed anywhere near enough. By feeding into the chemtrail/contrail circus are you allowing the ill effects to continue?

With your expertise and writing skills you could clearly explain the health benefits of massively reduced jet use, as experienced during the two major groundings. Think about it. You could encourage a whole generation to avoid this destructive lifestyle choice and improve life for all of us.
edit on 27 7 2014 by Kester because: condense

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   

I want you to explain your hoax title.

What does that contribute?

Are you going to respond to this question?

I'd really like to know the answer to this.

"The chemtrails ruined my blue sky! Here's why..."

Who's the one spreading rubbish?

If you read the opening sentence of my opening post then you would understand.

It was a response to a claim. This sort of claim which you see all the time: www.rense.com...

What has become known as "Chemtrails" is a common occurrence in Sacramento, California. The typical chain of events as seen here is as follows; usually, beginning in the morning two jet aircraft, unidentifiable from the ground will begin "spraying" parallel lines across the sky. Once the first lines are established, this is then followed by a "cross spraying," sometimes at "exact right angles" to the initial set. Within minutes the "sharp white lines" in the sky start to disperse, and spread out. The three photos seen here were taken within an hour of each other.

Have a look at that page. That is EXACTLY the situation I am explaining in this thread.

Maybe I should have put it in quote marks.

"The chemtrails ruined my blue sky!" Here's why...

Is that better for you?
edit on 27-7-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
It is interesting that in age of AG climate change mania the influence of contrails on climate is not discussed.
I have three issues with contrails or jet travel in general:
1. contrails are ugly
2. contrails deprive me and my crops of sunlight
3. from economic and ecologic point of view jet travel is often crime:
3a. jet fuel is exempt from consumption taxes hence screwing market (that is argument for market worshipers - I'm not one of them)
3b. because of 3a. more people choose to travel by aircraft on ways, where train or bus should be preferable from energy/ecology point of view

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: JanAmosComenius

Actually there is really not much in it between aircraft and trains.

CO2 emissions from air travel range from .24 kg CO2 per passenger mile for short flights down to .18 kg CO2 per passenger mile for long flights.

...long distance (>20 mi) trains emit .19 kg of CO2 per passenger mile

Buses produce less CO₂, but diesel engines emit particulate pollution at ground level where it is breathed in in concentrated form.

You're attacking the wrong person here. In the past four years I have been on precisely one return flight (short-haul to the Alps). My last long-distance European trip involved travelling by train from England to Croatia. I've just been in holiday to France by ferry. Give me a train over a plane any day.

I am simply attacking the chemtrail myth, not trying to defend pollution.
edit on 27-7-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   

2. contrails deprive me and my crops of sunlight
3. from economic and ecologic point of view jet travel is often crime:
3a. jet fuel is exempt from consumption taxes hence screwing market (that is argument for market worshipers - I'm not one of them)
3b. because of 3a. more people choose to travel by aircraft on ways, where train or bus should be preferable from energy/ecology point of view

Don't clouds do the same thing?

Your right the price that is charged for a ticket should be considered a crime.

People travel by air as a necessity, also know that buses and trains add more pollution that will affect us faster than what airplane exhaust will.

Also flying is much faster than a Greyhound bus ever will be.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

"The chemtrails ruined my blue sky!" Here's why...

Is that better for you?

No, it's not better for me.

But it might be better for you and your crusade to not intentionally promote the very "hoax" you claim to want to prevent.

Why not just be honest with yourself and in your vocabulary. Is it some ego trip to see how many "chemmies" you can attract to your thread and "educate them".

Have you ever considered the fact that they don't need or want your type of education. There are much betterand more reliable sources for that type of thing.

I didn't see the sign up sheet for "contrail science class". Why not make that the title of your next thread?

This method of "instruction" is just dishonest and annoying in my opinion.

I question the motives of anyone who wants to portray contrails as natural or harmless.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MagicWand67

This method of "instruction" is just dishonest and annoying in my opinion.

I question the motives of anyone who wants to portray contrails as natural or harmless.

Well everyone has an opinion.

Then you question those who study contrails for a living, because we all know science is wrong when it comes to contrail science or at least that what you keep trying to imply.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
People travel by air as a necessity..

If it was a necessity, like food and water, we would never have evolved without it. It's a choice. Often it's the previous use of air travel that leads to further use, as when families are spread out across the globe and then want to visit each other.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Sorry, I was not attacking you. And second sorry for topic derailment.

Energy efficiency in transportation is perfect example of tricky subject. Should energy needed for construction of support facilities (airports, highways, railroads, stations) be counted? If so, then trains should be probably banned
. On other side I do not want to imagine situation, when coal would be moved from mines to power plants by trucks or even airplanes.
Yet another point of view: Railway station is usually near city center where most of commuters want to go. Airfields are usually pretty far from city center hence commuters need to use taxi, bus, local railroad to reach desired destination. This secondary infrastructure should be also counted in energy sum?.

My conspiracy part of soul is asking: What if chemtrails meme is just distraction from real issue? And that real issue is that contrails have more impact on climate than CO2 produced in last 200 years?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   

My conspiracy part of soul is asking: What if chemtrails meme is just distraction from real issue? And that real issue is that contrails have more impact on climate than CO2 produced in last 200 years?

I think you've hit the nail on the head there.

All this talk about industry cutting emissions and carbon taxes.

Meanwhile air travel and the huge impact contrails have on climate change are getting a free ride.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

If it was a necessity, like food and water, we would never have evolved without it. It's a choice. Often it's the previous use of air travel that leads to further use, as when families are spread out across the globe and then want to visit each other.

It's necessity in a business sense, because with global trade one may have to be in other parts of the world that wouldn't be possible riding buses especially when it comes to being somewhere in a timely matter.

Better yet let's say you have a grandparent that is very close to passing on and you have a limited time period to get to see them before they pass, now would it be better to fly there which could be the difference in hours compared to days on a bus.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

How can that be since plane flight is just merely a little over 100 years old and the industrial revolution that has been a big part of pollution around the globe has been happening since the 1700's.

So your saying that this...

has more of an impact than this does...

or this...

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Were you not aware of that fact?

Contrail effect greater than CO2: study

Atmospheric science: Seeing through contrails

Contrails formed by aircraft can evolve into cirrus clouds indistinguishable from those formed naturally. These 'spreading contrails' may be causing more climate warming today than all the carbon dioxide emitted by aircraft since the start of aviation.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

No, I did not said that. In fact "global dimming" caused by pollution (and contrails as special subgroup of pollution) is much more provable than "global warming" caused by CO2.

What is merely discussed in "global whatever" is deforestation. Spain and Italy were almost completely covered by forests 3.000 years ago. Deforestation had for sure imminent impact on local weather and ecosystems. Local conditions have - for sure - impact on climate patterns around afflicted area. Is there any link between deforestation of Italy and Spain and desert condition at present day Sahara? And so on ... there is much more questions. In fact I do not believe we are able to mathematically model such complex systems as climate is.

Once again sorry for derailment.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
For those against air travel, please consider the folowing:
1. People need/want to travel long distances.
2. The only way to travel long distances over land and water is by Air. (unless you have months to reach your destination)
3. Air travel is done by air planes.

Now, until one of those 3 change, people will still buy airplane tickets and fly.

So you with the keyboard, the ball is in your court. Find an alternative travel method, or an alternative fuel. Invent a better way. Sadly, we as a species don't seem to want to change much. We know burning gas to make engines work causes pollution, yet we do it anyway.

Be the change you want to see.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Trueman

Actually, this thread isn't about mocking the chemtrail believers, but trying to show them why "trails" formed and spread out. It's the weather patterns that caused this for Rob and also what causes this for others.

It would be great to hear from some chemtrail believers on the subject.

And let's wish it goes that way

I hope folks notice where the thread turned into a hostile environment. It's easy to see and quite telling as to where the problem with this topic is.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

The aircraft trails look smaller because they're further away from the camera.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join