It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Caliphate is Here - Does Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi think he is the Mahdi?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I recently learned that there has been a caliphate, or Islamic state, declared in some lands previously owned by Syria and Iraq by ISIS, which is a corporation.

I was doing research on the middle east situation when I started to wonder if the head of ISIS thinks he is some kind of end time prophet. I actually think he does think so, that is my conclusion.

What is a caliphate?

A caliphate (in Arabic: خلافة‎ khilāfa, meaning "succession") is an Islamic state led by a supreme religious and political leader known as a caliph – i.e. "successor" – to Muhammad. The succession of Muslim empires that have existed in the Muslim world are usually described as "caliphates". Conceptually, a caliphate represents a sovereign polity (state) of the entire Muslim faithful (the Ummah, i.e. a sovereign nation state) ruled by a single caliph under the Constitution of Medina and Islamic law (sharia).[citation needed]

Wikipedia: Caliphate

The last ones were in the 1920's, and neither one of them gained as much traction. The leader of ISIS is actually its CEO, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. ISIS stands for The Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.

Wikipedia: Baghdadi

21st Century ISIL Caliphate (2014–present)[edit]
The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL or ISIS) declared a new caliphate on June 29, 2014 CE (Ramadan 1, 1435 AH). They named their leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, as the new caliph as Commander of the Faithful Caliph Ibrahim (Amīr al-Mu'minīn al-Khalīfah Ibrāhīm). The group subsequently changed their name to simply "the Islamic State."

Does Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi think of himself as the Mahdi, or a chosen one? The Mahdi is supposed to reign for seven, nine, or nineteen years before the Day of Judgement, when the Second Coming of Jesus Christ will occur and the two of them will meet up east of Damascus and there will be world peace.

Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi already declared himself the ruler of an Islamic state, and even recently tried to prove himself to be a descendant of Muhammad, is this what is going through his head? It could be, I am not an expert on the matter.

Wikipedia: Mahdi
edit on 25amFri, 25 Jul 2014 02:24:59 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
There's no such thing as a caliphate by coup. If the Ummah, the total community of Muslims, doesn't accept it, or is coerced into it, it's not remotely real, like if somebody kidnapped the Pope and declared he'd shoot any Catholics who said he isn't the new Pope.

And declaring oneself Mahdi -- that's a real quick way to make sure you'd have to shoot most everybody but your mom and your twelve pals to get them to agree. Look at how the Ahmadi sect is tragically regarded in India and other places. Just saying he was a new messenger is enough to make whole governments ban them from claiming to be Muslim. If he's the Mahdi, where is the Christ? He's supposed to show up too, but I'm not seeing any ink from this alleged ISIS on who that's supposed to be and how we missed Him beaming down from the sky.

Oh, you covered that, somehow I missed it in my rush to amuse myself. If this wretch is still alive a year from now, let alone seventeen years--only one power on earth could arrange that, and they are not well-known for being fond of Islam.
edit on 25-7-2014 by sepermeru because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: sepermeru

Thanks for your knowledgeable response. Wikipedia wrote that the Christ would descend after the Mahdi rules for a while. But I don't think Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi really is the Mahdi anyway, he just might think he is.

Maybe not - but it sure takes a lot of flare to make a corporation and then take over part of the Middle East with it. I was surprised to find out he is not just the leader of ISIS, but the CEO of ISIS. That seems like someone with serious intentions.
edit on 25amFri, 25 Jul 2014 02:32:20 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

Thanks for your knowledgeable response. Wikipedia wrote that the Christ would descend after the Mahdi rules for a while. But I don't think Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi really is the Mahdi anyway, he just might think he is. Maybe not -

Oh yeah, he's definitely positioning himself for the title. It is the one and only possible way to call this ISIS garbage Islamic, so he has to. You got it just right -- everything he is doing is designed from the assumption that if he can do it, he must be Mahdi. What he really believes, I don't know, but he certainly wants Muslims to see him that way.

This is why religion and politics have a toxic reaction. Much like the return of the Christ, a vanishingly small number of people of faith don't understand that it wouldn't be anything ambiguous, but a dramatic and clear event unmistakable to all.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

It looks like there is a historical precedence for Caliphs to want to call themselves the Mahdi.

Evidence shows that the first Abbasid caliph assumed the title of the Mahdi for himself.

The Mahdi is not described in the Qurʾān but only in hadith, with scholars suggesting that he arose when some Arabian tribes were settling in Syria under Mo’awiya. “They anticipated ‘the Mahdi who will lead the rising people of the Yemen ( or Qahtani Arabs) back to their country’ in order to restore the glory of their lost Himyarite kingdom. It was believed that he would eventually conquer Constantinople.”[10]

-Wikipedia

If he is able to conquer Damascus, that counts as Constantinople. It would give him some credibility.
edit on 25amFri, 25 Jul 2014 03:16:01 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

I also think he really believes in what he has been saying, though some questions and conspiracies are raised around Al-Baghdadi and ISIS, such as the time he spent under custody in Iraq by the U.S army, and other nations or globalists with interest of escalating the Middle East and turn everyone against each other (which started in the Middle East riots a few years back).

ISIS are extremely powerful, and extremely dangerous to wherever they spread. They are not some resistance group fighting against occupiers, they are occupying land themselves and killing all resistance. Such a dark force may only end in a global, long-lasting war, IMO.
edit on 25-7-2014 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Shuye

I get the feeling that ISIS are backed by more than just Muslim extremists. Who, I have no idea. But I think this guy and his self-proclaimed regime could be big news sometime shortly.

I didn't know he was in U.S. custody in Iraq. That adds mystery.
edit on 25amFri, 25 Jul 2014 04:19:06 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Yeah but there is also this hadith.

The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “The Hour will not begin until thirty Dajjals have appeared, each of them claiming that he is the Messenger of Allah.” [Sunan Abu Dawud]

I'm putting my money on Al-Baghdadi being one of them taking into consideration that ISIS are a product of the West which is against the teachings of Islam.

For Al-Baghdadi to be the Mahdi, the Antichrist or Dajjal must be on the planet somewhere also.
edit on 25-7-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   

I was watching videos on Youtube last night about ISIS.
It's funny you mentioned that the man is a C.E.O. as yearly reports are done on how many rocket attacks etc they do.

The reports are very precise and it's like they are reporting to somebody above as to what they spent their money on,it's almost like a labor and productivity report which almost any manager involved in a corporate company would have to sit down in front of accounting every month and give an explanation to his departments figures.
Very very suspicious if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

It's the same thing Hitler tried to do in order to unite Germany under the Nazis.
If its the exact same process, then I guess we'll be seeing some crazy claims. Possibly even some holy "relics"?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   

ISIS are extremely powerful, and extremely dangerous to wherever they spread. They are not some resistance group fighting against occupiers, they are occupying land themselves and killing all resistance
a reply to: Shuye From the start of this group I had thought it must have been a NATO plan and had said that they would not take Baghdad . For some reason the troops in the norther part didn't fight but fled . They are made up of some of the forces that were fighting against Syria but left and has gotten lots of new American equipment but I haven't seen or heard if they are back fighting in Syria or what they are up to .Other then blowing up some old grave site of Jonah . You would have thought that if they were going to take over the whole show over there they would have swept Baghdad clean but there hasn't been much of a fight to speak of .

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: IntroduceALittleIrony

I see what you mean, and this wretch does seem Hitlerian in his foul ambitions. But most of the world's Muslims, hundreds of millions of them, are Asian. In the West we tend to think of Arabic Muslims first, but they're a sliver of the Islamic world. And not one which is easily pulled together, as Germans are culturally inclined to do.

But you're right he wishes to "inspire" Muslims to unite and make war against everyone else, or at least get some angry teenagers to radicalize, though, and I agree. But it's not going to work with this one, not because Muslims all over the world don't have a certain degree of sympathy with, for example, Palestinian fighters, but because 80% already think he's a phony. Being a maniac is in some ways admirable to many of us--but even the lunatic fringe who think murder is fine won't abide a suspected plant.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I will probably get a fatwa for this, bothered, not much.
edit on 25-7-2014 by dam00 because: (no reason given)

Ok I cant get the video to work, its a song called mardi bum, by the arctic monkeys

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

If he is able to conquer Damascus, that counts as Constantinople. It would give him some credibility.

Why would Damascus 'count' as Constantinople?
They are two entirely separate cities about 650 miles away from each other, in different countries and with completely separate and individual histories and with different statuses within the Islamic world.

I don't understand your logic or reasoning there.

Al-Baghdadi will never be accepted as undisputed Caliph throughout the Islamic world never mind being universally accepted as the Mahdi.
Islam is riddled with sectarianism - even the Sunni Wahhabi Saudi's who initially helped support ISIS are dissociating themselves from Al-Baghdadi and his actions.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

In fact, according to Nabil Na’eem, founding member of the Islamic Democratic Jihad Party and a former commander of al-Qaeda, all current al-Qaeda affiliates are nothing more than offshoots of an overarching CIA terror operation. He also claimed that these groups will eventually be turned against Saudi Arabia, despite the fact that Saudi Arabia has acted as a bankroller and facilitator for them for years on end.

One of the founders of al-Qaeda speaks in Arabic but the video has subtitles. Interesting take on the situation

www.activistpost.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I have more than 7 or 11 reply posts in this thread...all dealing with Caliph Ibrahim and the ISIS-IS Caliphate

Thread Title: 4 horsemen of the apocalypse.......

originally posted by: St Udio
Well, here in 2014... the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse become much clearer...
and on the Sunday 29 June 2014, the First horseman, riding on a White Horse to 'Conquer & Conquest' became a realized event... the ISIS declared itself a Caliphate & al-Baghdadi the Caliphates' first (self acclaimed) Caliph = Islamic Leader

edit on th31140629321725002014 by St Udio because: typo

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: [post=18192875]darkbake

Al-Baghdadi will never be accepted as undisputed Caliph throughout the Islamic world never mind being universally accepted as the Mahdi.
Islam is riddled with sectarianism - even the Sunni Wahhabi Saudi's who initially helped support ISIS are dissociating themselves from Al-Baghdadi and his actions.

Caliph Ibrahim & IS will remain a counter force to the Shia Caliphate disguised with the mundane Republic of Iran

IS is Sunni Salafist - with a Caliph in the bloodline of Mohammad ~~ this Caliphate is a War Machine first ~~
Iran is Shia and will have a declared Caliph who is an Imam (incl the 12th Imam)/(Mahdi) ~this Caliphate will be a well rounded religious-political State~
edit on th31140629380625102014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on th31140629388425112014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
On the conspiracy side of things does anyone know if this guy wears a blue turban?

I was thinking about Nostradamus prediction for the 3rd anti-christ coming into play and would be recognized by a blue turban.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
On the conspiracy side of things does anyone know if this guy wears a blue turban?

I was thinking about Nostradamus prediction for the 3rd anti-christ coming into play and would be recognized by a blue turban.

Here's the issue... If you are willing to call ISIS or Baghdadi the Antichrist, you are more or less admitting the US Government is Antichrist. You cannot fund and train a group, call them Antichrist and not take responsibility also when it is a well known fact your Government have made them who they are whether intentionally or not.

At the same time, it would also make any other government who has contributed to the cause of these Extremists a candidate also. They cannot be Antichrist without Western Governments being labelled the same.
edit on 25-7-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
What is more important, who he thinks he is, or who Muslims as a whole perceive him?
Should the prophecies about him become fulfilled I would think that would sway the muslim community as a whole, maybe even crossing sectarian lines and drawing them all together, ready to see their world caliph become a reality

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

There are plenty who think the anti-Christ is already here, just undeclared, and no I don't think it's Obama.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join