It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Store Clerk Alerts Me To Undiagnosed Eye Condition

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Last Saturday I stopped at a local convenience store to buy a Gatorade and when I went to pay for it the young clerk named Amy remark about my amazing eyes. "I can see both brown and blue in them." I didn't think anything of it until much later when I was getting ready for bed I looked in my mirror and saw that something was really different with both my eyes. There was a definite bluish tint to them and there was a band around the cornea. The next day I posted a picture to my FB page. I messaged a friend who worked for an optometrist and asked her if I should be worried. She showed the photo to her doctor and he was able to make an initial diagnosis. He wanted to see me early the next morning and when he saw me he was able to confirm his initial diagnosis as a condition known as Dellen. The tissue around the cornea begins to draw back and separate because there is not enough hydration. So now I treat my eyes three times a day with eye drops and put ointment into my eyes at night. Thank goodness this young lady made eye contact with me and spoke up.

edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: grayeagle
That's awesome! ...And it further proof to me of what I've come to know: There are no chance meetings. Everyone you come across in life has a message/lesson for you, or you for them (or both!) Thank goodness you were attuned to receive, instead of just saying "Thanks" for the compliment on your eyes!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
My dad started having seizures when he was a kid. Doctors couldn't figure out was wrong. He had a seizure one day while sitting in a car at a gas station. The gas pump attendent helped him out until he got through seizing. My grandmother told him about the situation and that no one could figure out what was causing it. The guy checked him out briefly and told her "His damn neck is broke."
He had fallen off of a horse and didn't tell his parents because he didn't want to get in trouble.
After receiving a diagnosis the doctors were able to fix the problem.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
To others coming through this thread.
Do not put anything in your eye unless your doctor tells you too. Eyes do not need ANYTHING to be healty, though pharmacies would have you believe differently because it fills the tills!

OP, you was lucky that girl spotted the problem! how common is it?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
There was this story about a man who once visited a dominatrix in a brothel for a bet. So he removed his shirt and they were about to do some role acting. She was a part-time nurse and saw that he had a melanoma on his back, told him about it and instructed him to see a doctor immediately. He went to see the doctor to have it removed and was told it was two to three weeks before it would have started to spread through his body.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

now thats a serious dominatrix. I've been whipped and handcuffed but never given cancer before! kids these days

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Reminds me of a friend of mine who was involved in a pub brawl and got his ribs broke,he went to hospital and had an Xray,they immediately told him forget the broken ribs you have the beginnings of lung cancer.

If he had not had his ribs broke he probably would have never known he had lung cancer until it was too late,sometimes you're bad luck is really a blessing in disguise.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I called the employer and let them know what this young woman had done and how grateful I was for her actions. I agree that there really don't appear to be such things as coincidences in my life. My eyes are doing well and I don't know how common the condition is but I googled and it sure looks ugly if it isn't treated in a timely manner. All your stories are amazing and should remind us to be sensitive and alert to the world around us. Thanks everyone for your comments.

edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
Do not put anything in your eye unless your doctor tells you too. Eyes do not need ANYTHING to be healty, though pharmacies would have you believe differently because it fills the tills!

A few years back I developed a stye on my eye lid.

A doctor prescribed an antibiotic ointment which did absolutely no good.

After about two weeks with no improvement I happened to be visiting a friend who noticed it and he told me to take my gold ring off and to rub it directly on the stye for 60 seconds.

The stye was completely gone without a trace the next morning.

Doctors don't know half as much as they'd like you to believe.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

originally posted by: VoidHawk

A few years back I developed a stye on my eye lid.

A doctor prescribed an antibiotic ointment which did absolutely no good.

After about two weeks with no improvement I happened to be visiting a friend who noticed it and he told me to take my gold ring off and to rub it directly on the stye for 60 seconds.

The stye was completely gone without a trace the next morning.

Doctors don't know half as much as they'd like you to believe.

That makes sense about the gold ring!
In the uk throughout all our hospitals they removed all the brass door handles (all wards had doors with brass handles and a large brass plate to push on). From that moment on our hospitals started having outbreaks of various bugs that in the past had not been a problem. It turns out that many metals including Gold Copper Brass etc develop an extremely thin layer of a gas on the surface and that gas is very poisonous. Because its so thin and therefore in minute quantities its harmless to us, but deadly to bugs. This meant that the brass door handles in the hospitals automatically sterilized themselves and therefore reduced the spread of germs throughout the hospitals.

I imagine when you rubbed the ring on your eye you coated the infected area with the poisonous gas and it killed the bugs.

Many people I've known wear copper bracelets and they all swear it helps keep them healthy, in the past I took that with a pinch of salt but now? Now I believe they are probably right.

new topics

top topics

join