It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In times of chaos, humor is needed the most.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Our world is definitely in danger of losing its sanity. So many wars are being fought, nations are blaming nations, and hatred is being spread throughout our planet. Even where wars are NOT being fought, people are still picking sides and fighting other people's wars online over what they heard at the propaganda machine, the mainstream media.

Now, our specie is sick. It is dying. The voice of reason, logic and common sense has been pushed aside by those who have none of it. Deception has replaced truth, seriousness has replaced laughter, violence has replaced love. We forget the important things, that we are all people, and we all want to be happy. And miserable people are causing all the havoc that is going on today. We are getting caught in propaganda and thus narrowing our minds, which prevents us from coming out of our own ignorance, and seeing truth from the highest possible perspective. Only ignorant people are capable of hatred.

Seriousness is a disease, and humor is the cure. No other solutions are necessary, if we can laugh on our problems we sure are 50% out of it already. Humor is the love and forgiveness which on these days is so dearly missed on our planet.

In contrary to what we hear on the media, which spreads darkness at the speed of light, this is (below) is how real reason sounds like.
Humor is the light and the way, to come out of hatred and ignorance.

May peace re-wander the Earth.
edit on 22-7-2014 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Shuye

I agree with many things you've said, however I take exception to the "Burn the Flag" video.

"If you want a symbolic gesture, don't burn the flag; wash it." -Norman Thomas

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CloudsTasteMetallic

And i'm sure you will not be the only one, though truth is still the truth and I found it hilarious, though it may hurt the seriousness that we might have inside.

And it still makes me wander... Are people actually buying flags in order to burn them? Where do you get an Israeli flag in Gaza? Do you shop around in ebay looking for Israeli flags? This is quite patriotic... unless...

It just goes to show the level of lunacy that is going on.

edit on 22-7-2014 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Reminds me of a joke i made back on Independence Day with the family: "What better way to celebrate our independence than... setting off fireworks made in China."

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: CloudsTasteMetallic

I agree with many things you've said, however I take exception to the "Burn the Flag" video.

Whoever did the Brooklyn Bridge flags washed the flag pretty thoroughly. Maybe a little too much, depending on your leanings. Maybe they read the same quote by Norman Thomas?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

originally posted by: CloudsTasteMetallic

Whoever did the Brooklyn Bridge flags washed the flag pretty thoroughly. Maybe a little too much, depending on your leanings. Maybe they read the same quote by Norman Thomas?

I was wondering the same thing... Strange timing indeed.

top topics

join