It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utopia - fantastic British conspiracy drama...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Afternoon, friends.

Apologies if this has already been covered, but some of you might be interested to learn about a really great British conspiracy drama that has just started it's second series (season) here. It's called Utopia!

"The story follows a small group of people who find themselves in possession of the manuscript sequel of a cult graphic novel called The Utopia Experiments which is rumoured to have predicted the worst disasters of the last century. This leads them to be targeted by an organisation known as "The Network", which they must avoid to survive. Using the manuscript, they must uncover the meaning hidden in its pages before the disasters depicted become reality."

The Wiki page - but be careful of spoilers!

Anyhow, I think it's really great and the reviews are top notch too. It's well worth checking out... but be a bit careful of spoilers as they really would spoil this show. You're actually supposed to be confused during much of it! What I can guarantee you will love are the characters - it really is some brilliant stuff.

Enjoy!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I'm quite into British drama and shows, but it's hard to know what anything is like without seeing the promo's. Care to give some idea as to what shows it kind of feels like? Like similar shows (not necessarily conspiracy ones). Cheers.

edit on 19-7-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

JAK

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

Umm, umm... er... Nope, I got nothing thank I can think of which is similar. I'd agree with KingIcarus that it is worth a peek and many on ATS might find it of interest.

torsion offers a neat little summary:

originally posted by: torsion
A brilliant series that should be every ATSers dream!

Illuminati-like controllers, false flag school massacres, fake vaccines, MSM manipulation, mind-controlled ruthless assassins all wound up in a superb plot that remains unpredictable and cliché free.

Beautifully photographed, too.

Good heads-up KingIcarus.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: KingIcarus

I concur. Season 1 is bloody brilliant.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
hmm, you've aroused my interest, imma have a look at the first episode and see how that goes, cheers

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Oh yes Utopia, it's brilliant and one for the ATS people it's definitely worth checking out. Here is a trailer from season one.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Yeah the first season was fantastic... the 2nd is good so far, not quite up there with the first but it's early days yet.
Season One was excellent and I LOVE the use of colour and the cinematography is excellent too.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

It's quite unlike anything else, to be honest. I'd recommend trying it, but don't give up after one episode because it's deliberately confusing.

The school thing is probably the darkest thing I've seen on TV.

I'm really pleased people on here like it - it's a great show for one, and an intriguing introduction to some of the ideas commonly discussed on ATS. It's getting a US remake with David Fincher directing, apparently!

Plus - as someone else says - the photography is extraordinary. The use of colour would shame Hollywood. You've just got to try it!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This is an awesome series!!

A lil messed up and confusing but brilliant

Gunna wait till I got all of 2nd season recorded so can do a marathoner of 1 n 2

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Where can I find this show at? I'm an American btw.

It sounds awesome and I've never heard of it haha.

I can't say I've seen it on Netflix and have to head to work shortly so if you folks wouldn't mind sending me a link... I want to watch this show.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I'm with RomeByFire. I live in the United States--is there a way I might watch it here?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I'm not certain how you can watch it in America, but I think there's a chance it might have been shown by HBO at some point - so it's perhaps worth starting there.

Of course, there are other ways of downloading videos to watch - but I'm not sure it's within ATS' rules to discuss exactly how.

There are full episodes up on YouTube too, but they're blocked in the UK - so I have no idea if they will be in America. Search 'Utopia S01' - they're 59 minutes in lenght.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Where can I find this show at? I'm an American btw.

It sounds awesome and I've never heard of it haha.

I can't say I've seen it on Netflix and have to head to work shortly so if you folks wouldn't mind sending me a link... I want to watch this show.

Here ya go

www.couchtuner.eu...

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
well, I watched the first episode and thought it was pretty good, so I proceeded to watch the next episode, and sure enough ended up watching the entire first season, and then downloaded the first couple of episodes from season 2 and watched them the day after.

Must say I'm a big fan so far, and thank the OP again for sharing this thread as I had never heard of it before this

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I love this show, the trouble is that it invades your everyday thinking. I'm seeing the Ebola outbreak through the lens of Utopia. LOL

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Haxsaw

I'm really glad that you like it! I knew it'd be a hit with the ATS crowd.

I guess this is a bit of a bump really as series 2 is well underway now and it's getting better by the episode!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I can't watch it. Too many children getting blown away.

Pity, was good until they started that.

P

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Utopia is cool
Anyone got any raisons for me?

I don't know why but through Utopia I encountered Black Mirror. Totally different but if you like UK fiction some eps are good.
edit on 4-8-2014 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
It was one of my favorite sci-fi shows ever. I say was and not is, because, sadly, it has been cancelled.

www.bbc.com...

On the flip side, HBO has ordered an American version of Utopia! Directing will be the awesome David Fincher!

www.hollywoodreporter.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join