It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protection of Innocence? Four King Cobras and a Human Infant

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The following video really made me think about how the paternal instinct to protect the innocent is built into all species. I have to say that the serpents standing guard for this babe threw me for a loop!?

These videos have been filtering through the web lately but it just makes you ask, what separates us from the animal kingdom? They have a better sense of survival, peace, friendship and compassion than we do. Perhaps we should follow their lead. Yes, look to nature and that is the way. Nothing more taken than needed.

And giving back some too!

Love your neighbor, but eat them if necessary.
edit on 18-7-2014 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: timewalker

So the leopard kills baboon's parent then looks like it's playing with it(cats have a tendency to do that with future prey, had a cat do that with mouse one time)...and that's your idea of a creature with better compassion than humans?

Also whoever put that baby in a group of four cobras in top video is a grade A parent.

Here's another example of compassion in animal world:

Edit: Also appears that those snakes are used for entertainment purposes only, if Youtuber comments can be trusted at all. Apparently their fangs/mouths are ripped out and sewn shut for "snake charming".

Sigh.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 18-7-2014 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
First off, the first video is amazing. But second, and more importantly in my mind, the parents (or guardians) of that baby are psychopaths.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I couldn't bring myself to watch a video of a sleeping baby surrounded by cobras. What kind of a situation came about to allow THAT to happen?? (And be videotaped.)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

edit on 18-7-2014 by minusinfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApologyWell actually the baby baboon died of exposure, not at the fangs of the cat. The more important question, is why did it stop it's feeding to protect it? Curiosity killed the cat, we all know that one, but what made it do it? Playfulness yes, but I think it goes deeper than that. Just a hunch.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

ANTHROPOMORPHIZE much?
Animals know love WE ALL jnow this on a certain level RETILES get used to environments too,but they have a more INSTINCTIVE outlook over an emotional one ,it would be counter productive to the species' survivability.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Those cobras were being charmed, there is no way you can get four snakes to stand up in unison like that unless they are being manipulated.

As such, they were absolutely no threat to the baby. You can walk right up to them and kiss them when they are in that state.

Basically these snakes probably have their fangs removed and more than likely have their mouths sewn shut and are simply following the charmers instrument as he moves it around because they consider it a threat. They can't actually hear the music.

Once the snakes are focused on the musical instrument you can basically do whatever you want with them, including dropping a baby in the middle of them.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: timewalker
a reply to: OrphanApologyWell actually the baby baboon died of exposure, not at the fangs of the cat. The more important question, is why did it stop it's feeding to protect it? Curiosity killed the cat, we all know that one, but what made it do it? Playfulness yes, but I think it goes deeper than that. Just a hunch.

There was an instance of a lioness who "adopted" an orphaned baby antelope. The speculation at the time was that she had either lost her cubs and was still feeling maternal or that she was without a pride and feeling desperately lonely. Lions, especially lionesses, are very social cats.

At any rate, she would have "mothered" the baboon to death as she could not properly care for it.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

They're de-fanged. They also end up starving to death since they're unable to eat. That's the "secret" to snake charmers and why you'll see kids "fighting" with cobra's.

It's cruel and despicable.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Everybody's a snake charming expert around here I guess? I don't know if their mouths were sewn shut or not and neither do you.

Missing the point entirely. Whoosh!

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Dont agree with the 1st video in many ways, the main reason being they obviously werent protecting the baby like the title claims but S&F for the last video alone.
It did look like that eel was being affectionate

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

As for your lead, ever consider that the cobra's had been to see a dentist? Or if they are still potent, what would happen if the child rolled over on one?

I understand that compassion is held by many animals, even in some not very high on the "tree."
But the human world is filled with all sorts of competition from areas that animals never contend with in their simple searches for food, shelter and sex.

If we though only in those simplistic avenues we can wonder how we would really be. But, alas, having the big brain and these marvelous thumbs and fingers has changed the very nature of our being. (Pun intended.)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: timewalker
Everybody's a snake charming expert around here I guess? I don't know if their mouths were sewn shut or not and neither do you.

Missing the point entirely. Whoosh!

I thought it was fairly common knowledge how cobras are treated. There is even an entire subclass of people in India who make their living mutilating cobras and "charming" them until they starve to death. In recent times, there has been an effort to redirect them to catch, milk and release culture instead of being snake charming side shows.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AliensunAt last, the most competent reply yet! So let's say, hypothetically that their mouths were not manipulated, because we can speculate all we want, and yes the child did roll over on the one at least twice.

Big brained, 'reason', thumbs, all that.

What if they were guarding it?

Not being gullible here, but imagine that. I did put a ? in my title.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SenatorsAgain another Cobra charming expert. PBS and the internet has made you a genius.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Senators

Basically these snakes probably have their fangs removed

I hope so because the baby has what looks like fang marks on its cheek. Maybe they have the venom removed.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I don't remember anyone stating they were an expert. You seem to be angry/defensive about the people pointing out that there is a high probability that those cobras were not protecting baby out of the goodness of their compassionate hearts.

No need to get defensive when people are simply responding to a topic you created.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology

I don't remember anyone stating they were an expert. You seem to be angry/defensive about the people pointing out that there is a high probability that those cobras were not protecting baby out of the goodness of their compassionate hearts.

No need to get defensive when people are simply responding to a topic you created.
One does not have to "state" ones authority on a subject, arrogance speaks volumes.

Again, notice the question mark in the title.?.? The Cobras were a catch to a much broader subject.

I have been around here long enough to see 'experts' come and go. I was once one myself...

Angry, no. Frustrated, maybe.

Probabilities are for politicians, scientist and polls.

edit on 18-7-2014 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Research(and probabilities) on a subject is not limited to scientists and definitely not politicians. It's unfortunate that you are miffed about people pointing out something on a subject that is gainsaid from the opinion you had.

Still not necessary to start calling people names and put them down because they have looked up a subject or pointed out previously gained knowledge(such as already knowing about snake charming as a likely culprit for the cobras behavior).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join