It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With any leak, you turn off the water before you fix the pipe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
So as regards this problem with our border

Some say they are escaping poverty gang violence and squaler
I say they are/will be bringing squaler gang violence and poverty

And I say if our border is so weak that tens of thousand of poor from central america can
freely come here, how many Al Kinda slip in, how many mexican mafia slip accross

To fix the problem, it starts with fixing the border.

Its that simple.

X

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcouncil=wisdom

government don't think simple.
it's got to be all convoluted.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Its that simple.

Fixing the border is a temporary patch on the pipes. You would be leaving the water running while trying to patch the leaks.

You shut off the water by shutting down their incentives to come here.

The real fix is easy and has little to do with the borders. You stop their incentives to come here.

1. Enforce and augment existing laws to ensure American companies don't feel its worth the risk to hire illegals.

2. If illegals can't get jobs or benefits in the US than they don't come to the US. This is the reason the Canadian border is not an issue. Canadians don't have an incentive to come. They have a stable economy with jobs.

However, nobody talks about the real fix because neither the Republican or the Democrats in congress really want to fix it. Nor do the lobbyist want to expose who hires them the most.

Congress works for the largest lobbyist (Agriculture,Hospitality,manufactures, and Builders) who also happen to be the biggest benefactors of illegals in this country.

They will suggest adding fences and more guards because it won't fix the issue. However it will make them a lot of money through gov't contracts to build and support those fences and borders.

Follow the money not the diversions.
edit on 20731America/ChicagoWed, 16 Jul 2014 23:20:34 -0500up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I describe it somewhat the same way. We are standing waist deep in water with a broken pipe in the basement. The administration is calling for more manpower, and buckets to bail the water while claiming their is no water leak. As they bail the water, someone in the administration decides its a good idea to hit the broken pipe with a bigger hammer. (Plumbers call this a BFH) When the news cameras show up to watch as the water is bailed from the house the administration stands in the neighborhood and decries the homeowner is in debt but won't work with the administration to spend more money on buckets for bailing. Behind the scenes the administration has hired the best plumber in town but he has to wear a blindfold when looking for the leak Then the administration rents a house for the home owner in Palm Beach with someone elses money. The people in the neighborhood watch this go on for years and wonder why the administration and the news say they want to fix it, but the water continues to run out of the windows to the curb. While the whole time there is a little organization called ATS that, has identified the leak, and knows how to fix it.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I think you are confusing the hole in the line with the pressure that pushes the water out.

Shut off the valve, tighten up the border
Then relieve the excessive pressure (the social issues) after the repair is done...even if it means replacing the whole plumbing.

This is just an analogy
However we can't solve the worlds problems, but we can start by securing our borders to solve our own problems

MarlinGrace
I see you have explored this analogy in depth...
It gets convoluted I see

edit on 16-7-2014 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Umm...I think the shutoff valve doesn't work. Those new Obama valves are junk.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

However we can't solve the worlds problems, but we can start by securing our borders to solve our own problems

So you are not looking to fix the immigration problem you just want to build stronger borders?

Our problem is not the borders its the companies that hire them and give them incentives to get here. Why isn't the Canadian border such problem and its not nearly as protected? Is it because they are primarily white or is it because they have no incentive to risk their life to come to the US?

Why aren't we and why shouldn't we be prosecuting the large farmers, corporate restaurants, and builders in this country that hire the evil immigrants?

edit on 33731America/ChicagoWed, 16 Jul 2014 22:33:47 -0500up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcouncil=wisdom
So as regards this problem with our border

Some say they are escaping poverty gang violence and squaler
I say they are/will be bringing squaler gang violence and poverty

And I say if our border is so weak that tens of thousand of poor from central america can
freely come here, how many Al Kinda slip in, how many mexican mafia slip accross

Its that simple.

X

The Cloward-Piven Strategy is akin to the Three Stooges in that
rowboat drilling holes in the bottom to let the water out. And
recently the government have been giving away cordless drills.
Boat's full of people and water. Perfect.

Meanwhile, back at the mansion...

The reality can sometimes be stinkier than Stooges.

I live in Illinois--- this happens often, wherever I live now.
edit on 16-7-2014 by derfreebie because: Gives a whole new meaning to the "trickle down effect"

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

So you are not looking to fix the immigration problem you just want to build stronger borders?

Our problem is not the borders its the companies that hire them and give them incentives to get here. Why isn't the Canadian border such problem and its not nearly as protected? Is it because they are primarily white or is it because they have no incentive to risk their life to come to the US?

Why aren't we and why shouldn't we be prosecuting the large farmers, corporate restaurants, and builders in this country that hire the evil immigrants?

Because our illustrious government has not created a verification system. The reason there is no problem with Canadian border because Mexico is 1000 miles to the south, and there is good paying work in Canada.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

MarlinGrace
It gets convoluted I see

Yeah it kind of flows out of my head like a water leak. Sometimes it dribbles and sometimes I need the keyboard fast. But the interesting thing is we look at it the same way. Just like a water leak. Defined in it's simplest terms.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I keep trying to reply to my own thread and I write for more than ten seconds and my computer freezes
Damn the NSA!

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I AM A PLUMBER!
I have a license and a few decades of experience in this arena!
Sometimes valves stick relentlessly or break or get buried and there is no option to shut the water off.
In this case you must go in live, be quick and do all you can to mitigate damage.
Sometimes this is as easy as stuffing a bar of soap into the pipe or a wadded up piece of bread.
But yeah I agree with the OP, we need to close that valve.
Then round up the law breaking scum and send them back from whence they came.
Yes I am very hard on some issues as I had to live within the law, I expect the same from all others or I see them as cheating scum.

edit on 16-7-2014 by g146541 because: grammer and punkchewashun

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Your probably right I guess that's why ther so many citizens protesting and blocking of

these illegals

Good job Americans!
Back to the analogy:
Do you mop up when your pipes burst while the water is spewing out?
No, you shut the water off, then mop up and fix the leak.

Obama Valves ... that's funny, what would happen if someone shut off his promter, would
the lies stop comming through our TV's or would he have to just get better at other ways
of telling them?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

MarlinGrace
It gets convoluted I see

Yeah it kind of flows out of my head like a water leak. Sometimes it dribbles and sometimes I need the keyboard fast. But the interesting thing is we look at it the same way. Just like a water leak. Defined in it's simplest terms.

Twisted like minds are not only rare if not unique in threes--
it may be justifying the simple premise we're not the
twisted ones compared to our presumed judges..

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Because our illustrious government has not created a verification system. The reason there is no problem with Canadian border because Mexico is 1000 miles to the south, and there is good paying work in Canada.

Exactly, if illegals can't get jobs or benefits they won't come because like the Canadians they won't have an incentive to come.

The problem is that congress and the lobbyist they work for don't want to stop a cheap undocumented slave labor force to be exploited. So what do they do, they use diversion tactics that takes away focus from the real issue (companies hiring illegals) and put focus on a scapegoat (Border patrol) that won't really fix the issue.

The E-verify system , prosecution or offenders and other verification methods is the way to stop illegal immigrants.

You even have the American Farm Bureau saying that not only do they hire illegals, but they need them in order to survive.

www.fb.org...
The difficulty with E-Verify for agriculture in particular is we currently do not have in place a system that allows us to get legal workers. We hear stories from all across the country about the difficulties farmers have in getting workers who are authorized to work and if E-Verify is required of farmers

So they don't want to solve the problem so what do they do , they put focus on the border knowing that it won't stop the illegals from coming and it gives them an opportunity to make additional money from gov't contracts in supporting the borders and building the fences.

edit on 09731America/ChicagoWed, 16 Jul 2014 23:09:27 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
The border checks are about 40 miles inside the border. I have reddish blonde hair, white skin, and still get shook down. I went to Mexico during the Christmas holiday. I came back across the border with 1000 somas. I bought them for my dog with a bad hip. I didn't know it was illegal. Not a border guard one questioned or searched me. They were not there.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
I AM A PLUMBER!
I have a license and a few decades of experience in this arena!
Sometimes valves stick relentlessly or break or get buried and there is no option to shut the water off.
In this case you must go in live, be quick and do all you can to mitigate damage.
Sometimes this is as easy as stuffing a bar of soap into the pipe or a wadded up piece of bread.
But yeah I agree with the OP, we need to close that valve.
Yes I am very hard on some issues as I had to live within the law, I expect the same from all others or I see them as cheating scum.

Brief correction, you are a SKILLED CRAFTSMAN!
Back to the Tread-- I move the Equal Protectino clause as
ignored: or abused, by the government should apply to
everyone equally as the renamed Equal Cheat Sheet.

And what's good for the goose will scald November's gander.
If dead Democrats can vote, I'm bringing in Republican distant
relatives from Bavaria. Let 'em try to stop THAT list o' thugs.
"WE'LL DO IT LIVE!" Bill O'. Not tonight.
edit on 16-7-2014 by derfreebie because: Vote early, and vote often with the late. Admit it you love me.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: g146541

But what exactly did that accomplish?

1. We capture them and send them back.
2. Mexico really doesn't care.
3. They still have an incentive to come to the US as they don't have jobs in mexico.
4. So they come again.
5. They work for a while.
6. Go back and start over on step 1.

edit on 18731America/ChicagoWed, 16 Jul 2014 23:18:57 -0500up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

This is what I have been trying to say for awhile and no one comments, its like people don't or won't believe there is such an easy way to stop the flow by stopping the jobs.

Tonight on O'Rilly he had Rubio on and all they BOTH wanted to do was spend billions on the boarder, never anything about enforcing the laws already on the books which purity much implies there all "shills" ...IMO

With no jobs the illegals will go back to where they come from on there own.

Good post

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Battleline

Glad to see there are few of us out there despite being heavily outnumbered that still see the obvious problem and solution.
edit on 29731America/ChicagoWed, 16 Jul 2014 23:29:42 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join