It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very simple math proves the existance of God

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Math is a Science so i'm putting this here even though the subject also deals with a God concept.

Title of article: Louie Gohmert Proves God's Existence With One Simple Equation

“Bob Murphey used to say, ‘You know, I feel so bad for atheists, I do,'” Gohmert recalled at "Celebrate America,” a three-week-long revival event. “‘Think about it, no matter how smart they think they are, an atheist has to admit that he believes the equation: nobody plus nothing equals everything.’”

"How embarrassing for an intellectual to have to say 'Yeah, I believe that,'" Gohmert said, citing Murphey. "Nobody plus nothing equals everything."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Now, this brings up an interesting point.. How can all we are and all we have come from nothing when even Math doesn't allow that to happen?

There is always the " What was before the Big Bang? " question - knowing the Big Bang has never been proven, can never be proven and is only One of many creation theories some willfully choose to believe.

O.k... let me put this another way.. science tells us NO energy in the universe Can Ever be destroyed - it Only changes form. (this is in complete agreement with what most religions think about matter, humans and or a human soul)

Most mainstream religions tells us God was forever and will forever be - something that seems hard to grasp unless you look at God in the same light Science uses to look at matter and energy - so why would the concept of god seem so far fetched for many scientists?

Can anything in modern science tell us that Anything CAN be created from nothing? I do not believe so.. if you know of something please do tell - but then.. this is the same argument scientists use to debunk the notion that there can ever be any type of "Free Energy" device.

Scientists (many of whom are atheist) want to play in the god realm even create so called "Laws" to explain our observations and yet they do not entertain this very real possibility that God could in fact exist according to their own "laws".

It looks to me that when it all boils down the math and science tells us it is far more likely there could be a Creator than not.

Also keep in mind there are many theories scientists do believe in as strongly as people believe in religion for things that have not yet been observed or shown to be proven or even provable - so why pick on God as if the idea is so, utterly unscientific? It makes no sense to me and yet science seems to champion for the possible existence of God

I'm not trying to convince anyone I'm only as they say.. playing the devils advocate LOL.

What say you ATS, could our present understanding of math and science back up and support the possible existence of God?

edit on 12-7-2014 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The atheist's version of creation: "In The Beginning, There Was Nothing. Then It Exploded."

When you get right down to it, all the bible does is add another unknown, the god, whose origin is unexplained, because apparently He/She/It can make something (itself) out of nothing. Or has always existed, because... god... or something.

See the problem here?

It's just easier to basically say to hell with it, you can get through life without knowing every darn detail of who, what, why, how and when, can't you? Can you agree that your finite brain can't figure out everything?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnPhoenix

Yes!

Now, this brings up an interesting point.. How can all we are and all we have come from nothing when even Math doesn't allow that to happen?

Uhmm maths does allow it ... its called a logical inversion using the NOT function.

0% NOT = 100%

And because its a function it actually works ... it actually DOES invert nothing into everything! [see diodes for real world example of this function in action]

And energy is created from nothing as the universe is EXPANDING and the re is NEW fabric of space time coming into existence all the time ... and energy can be destroyed by simply forcing two exact same frequency light beams to interact at half phase with each other.

So yes one can logically and reasonably prove God exists using maths but we have a long way to go with the science yet.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Ok,well I could say try reading A Universe from Nothing by Lawerence Krauss. Interesting book, have not long finished it which explains how it could be possible to create a universe from nothing, empty space based on the idea of vaccum energy and virtual particles. Definitely worth reading for sure.

What I do want to say though is just by stating 'something must have preceded the big bang therefore god exists QED' is at best a basically false arguement.
All you are saying is that something came before the big bang but like everybody else you have to proove what that something was if you want to name it. Calling it a ever eternal. god/creator/fairy whatever is simply false if you can't ar leaat justify you're reasoning behind that claim.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
LOL. That math is flawed. Nothing plus nothing = nothing. 0 + 0 = 0, I don't believe in magical beings. I do not claim to know how everything came into existence. I think evolution is a fact. Everything evolves plants, animals, flu virus. That doesn't explain the beginning. If everyting must be created than who created a supreme magical being? It could not create it self if it did not exist yet. So then it must have evolved as well. But from what and how is the question. We are to primitive in our knowledge to understand yet. I remain open minded, i choose not to grasp at straws and think theory to true.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
guess its the way you look at it, many atheists don't believe in the big bang theory.
-tho I'm not an atheist, in definitive terms..

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
the empty space is something why was that there to begin with ?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
200 year old book of fairy tales + gullible = religious fanatic

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Maths is a language that describes creation. It may have limitations that doesn't allow it to describe the indescribable but it certainly can be used to infer that a creator exists...

biologos.org...

Fine-tuning refers to the surprising precision of nature’s physical constants and the beginning state of the universe. Both of these features converge as potential pointers to a Creator. To explain the present state of the universe, scientific theories require that the physical constants of nature — like the strength of gravity — and the beginning state of the Universe — like its density — have extremely precise values. The slightest variation from their actual values results in an early universe that never becomes capable of hosting life. For this reason, the universe seems finely-tuned for life. This observation is referred to as the anthropic principle, a term whose definition has taken many variations over the years

edit on 12 7 2014 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMAMOG

Nothing to say it hasn't always been there. The big bang may have been just one of many explosion in a vastly larger constant universe that we will never be able to see because of its size.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   

There is another simple concept in math - infinity. Always was and always will be - no need for any god.

Having to have a beginning or an end is dualistic, either/or thinking. Math goes way beyond that.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
So there was always something?
Doesn't mean that the "something" had a consciousness.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Nobody can even define "God" without falling into horrible and useless contradictions and paradoxes. If you take the time to look at the concept of God, you'll see that it's empty, and that saying "God" is the exact same thing as saying, "I don't know." Do I believe in "I don't know?" I don't know what you're talking about.

Some people feel more comfortable giving their ignorance and lack of comprehension a name. "God." Doesn't make it any more logical, though.

And it's kind of sad that the people who want to believe are so easily enchanted by clever little turns of phrase. Stuff you see on church marquees. Without ever really thinking about what it means.

edit on 12-7-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

First, this is at least the third time this has been posted . . . Not saying you intentionally "re-posted", as I know the search function isn't the best . . . but . . .

That said . . . his argument is compete rubbish. What he states is in no way "proof" . . . "proof" would be independently verifiable and would make him the first human, since the beginning of time to to do so. Do you really think some circuit preacher has done what no other person on earth has been able to do, simply be conduction a elementary school level thought experiment?

Furthermore, his argument is a complete straw man. Science (cosmologists) and the Big Bang does not state the "the universe came from nothing". The Big Bang states that the "bang" and subsequent expansion happened from a "singularity". Any cosmologist you ask about what led to this singularity or what was going on "before will say "we don't know". So, either the argument in the OP is based on complete ignorance about "what science (or as they state atheists) claims" or he is intentionally misleading the flock . . . preaching to the choir, if you will. A choir that clearly doesn't know enough to realize they are being presented a straw man, at best, or intentionally lied to.

It doesn't help when these proselytizers have books like Lawrence Krauss's "A Universe From Nothing" (which BTW is not about the universe starting from "nothing" in the philosophical sense, but about the cosmic vacuum that is space) and statements from Hawking like "before the Big Bang there was "nothing" (which he is referring to our concept of time starting at the Big Bang, so there is no way to measure the "before") to point to and claim "atheists believe that the universe came from "nothing". However, their arguments are shaped in complete ignorance of what cosmologists/physicists are saying when they make those statements.

So, to answer your final question . . . NO.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Does not every creation have a creator ?

second

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: solomons path

So.... Are you suggesting evolution?

Or that we " just happened" ?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
1+1 = 2 therefor God. *Rolls Eyes* You are entitled to your opinion but its just that, not science or math.
Please move this thread to the appropriate forum.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
1+1 = 2 therefor God. *Rolls Eyes* You are entitled to your opinion but its just that, not science or math.
Please move this thread to the appropriate forum.

LOL.. This Is in the right forum. This is not a thread about god or religion but about math/science. It seems you didn't read my opening post very carefully. If i wanted to have a scientific thread about rocks would you suggest we create a rocks sub forum instead? LOL Seriously folks...

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Isn't that pretty much the basis for the flaws in the standard model? That things don't quite add up? Isn't it the case that a true, accurate scientific model would allow for the explanation of everything via formulas contained therein? We're still trying to explain the Universe in terms that we know are inaccurate, no?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
nobody (0) + nothing (0) = nada...

Sorry that's the long and short if it.

If god exists he does give a damn.

Wanna know why? cause if it wanted to prove its own existence it theoretically could.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join