It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lack of attention to detail .. or how once again everyone is blinded by propaganda ..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Have been following events with the current round of israeli mass murder and noticed that instead of addressing the problem that caused the current round of fighting .. everyone is throwing around the same old tired propaganda on both sides ..

Roughly this round started with the kidnapping and murder of three israeli teenagers .. israel being israel immediatly started blaming the palestinians without any police investigation being completed at that point ..

then the three sadly are found dead .. leading israel to launch airstrikes on gaza .. without a complete police investigation or attempt at due process of law as would be conducted in any civilized country around the world ..

After the airstrikes they finally manage to actually complete an investigation and arrest suspects in the case .. and gasp .. shock .. it wasnt palestinians after all .. the suspects arrested were all jewish .. but hey in meantime israel managed to murder more palestinians based on failure to follow due process of law in what anywhere else in the world is a kidnapping and murder case ..

Since when is launching airstrikes the way to handle what is/was clearly a criminal case from the start ?

Funny how all that is conveniently forgotten and instead the same old tired propaganda thrown about instead ..

Am disappointed ats .. everyone here claims to be critical thinkers yet everyone fell for the same old propaganda and overlooked the cause of the current problem ..

Ahh .. well maybe one day people will learn to think beyond the propaganda their fed ..

Meh .. time for a drink ..
edit on 9/7/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/7/14 by Expat888 because: typo .. bloody english.. grrrr ..

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Alas, I believe this has been going on since the dawn of time...

The only thing that changes is the level of effort, tactical and technological efforts and corralling of people's emotions. War is business, and business is good.

Ultimately, I believe the world is in a massive transition as a result of technology. We're getting much smaller each day and the effects of social interaction is becoming more evident. I relate it to gathering a group of people for a project. There is a natural tendency for people to exhibit the Forming, Storming, and Norming pattern. I believe we are in the forming/storming stage. Perhaps, one day we will begin to norm, but not before there is a massive culmination of events. I'm not advocating some conspiracy to change the world - I just think human nature is finally culminating to its instinctive basics. Once we recognize the futility of our actions, we can move on. This will be difficult because societies are at different levels of growth within their own areas (e.g., the Middle East is just now beginning to grow into a new age of thinking, moving away from the old regimes and thinking). It's just too bad that the whole world has to suffer through the growing pains. I guess the expression, "It takes a village to raise a child" is appropriate.

We've got a long, bloody road ahead...

Interesting link:
Israeli Air Strikes on Gaza: Live
edit on 7-9-2014 by jrflipjr because: linky poo

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
It's almost as if we are being pushed, globally, to give a snip about this little part of the world when in fact we have our own snip to deal with in our own neck of the woods.

Why are we collectively having this crap shoved down our throats?

Propaganda indeed.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
A 'government', and I use the term loosely, it's really a bank and corporate-led murder fest, shouldn't be in the revenge business.

If my neighbor does something I don't like, am I now to presume I'm fully within my rights to lob a bomb over their fence?

It amazes me how juvenile and criminal our 'representatives' have become, and how, somehow, their actions endanger us all more and more all the time rather than serving to protect us.

Oh, and anything Israel does seems completely sanctioned by Congress and the White House and all the dual-citizenship Israelis in our so-called government. Remind me again why we're risking World War III over a desert rock and another dumb religion?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888
Actually the mass murder started under the pretense that Palestine was throwing rocks again.
Good thing those Palestinians still to this day do not know how to build a good rocket though.
No matter, the US will continue to funnel billions towards a terrorist regime and they will continue to buy bombs and bullets!
Then they will use them with impunity as they do have the right to defend themselves...against rock attacks.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CyberSonic

Unfortunately, this little snip is no longer little. In the past, conflict in one area wouldn't have any effect on neighboring areas. However, it won't be too long before the conflict expands to include Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and Iran vis a vis the efforts of ISIS, Hamas and others. Even more unfortunate, is the fact that governments are no longer kings of their domain - the people who inhabit these areas are. They are the ones who determine the nature of conflict - not the talking heads of governments.

I fear the worst...

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Most will continue to fall for it too.
The media/entertainment has bred us all from birth to be scared of muslims and to feel sorry for jews.
Anytime anything happens, "we" blame the muslims and feel bad for the poor, troubled jews.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Please provide a link showing that the three Israeli teens were murdered by Jews.
I saw a similar unfounded report that the Palestinian teen killed in the aftermath was killed by his own family for being homosexual. Its all rumors and BS except for all the actual blood being spilled

Reply to expat88
edit on 9-7-2014 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

We can't win in this. A headline on the internet (Fox News) will say "Palestinians send three rockets into Israel," and provides a picture of three columns of black smoke rising high into the sky. The problem is those were the results of bombing and bombardment of Gaza by the Israeli military, not the puny little rockets of Hamas striking israel.

edit on 9-7-2014 by Aliensun because: word correction

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
While the following article covers issues on a global stage, I believe the words portend to the changing times. I apologize if you can't access the article, as it is through the "Foreign Affairs" periodical. I'm not sure how else to post it without getting in trouble.

In a nutshell, "Today, the world’s major security risks stem from the wrath of societies or groups that feel alienated or left behind by the emerging liberal order. Moving forward, most security threats will issue from a wounded people determined to overcome perceived humiliations and recapture their self-worth."

The Age of Grievance

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I guess you could say that when we are only given details (they) want us to have ,then it's easy to miss what is missing from the stories ,where the truth probably lies . Look at the history books of yester years and consider what will become tomorrows history .

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888

After the airstrikes they finally manage to actually complete an investigation and arrest suspects in the case .. and gasp .. shock .. it wasnt palestinians after all .. the suspects arrested were all jewish .. but hey in meantime israel managed to murder more palestinians based on failure to follow due process of law in what anywhere else in the world is a kidnapping and murder case ..

I too would like to know where you heard Israelis had kidnapped and murdered the three missing teens. I can't say i'd be surprised honestly, because it would further validate the reality of the problem~reaction~solution program[games] being used in the middle east[and the world] to influence what we think about, how we think about it, how we reacte to it, and where our resources go [energy~intention~money etc]. Regional destablization and oppression of the weakling for the purpose of land grabbing. Business as usual.

top topics

join