It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Paulides, Missing 411 Books (Need info)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
How many people on this fine website have read these 411 books? Ive been thinking about buying them, however, I am curious what David's angle is with these books. Does he lean toward Supernatural occurrences with the disappearances? Perhaps Sasquatch attacks or some other unknown creature? Or are his theories more mundane?

I'd like a little more detail before I dish out $100+ dollars on these four books (expensive!)

Also, are they good/spooky/eerie reads?

Ive read his two Bigfoot books and loved them.

Thanks for any details given on these books.
edit on 6-7-2014 by -Blackout- because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I haven't read the books yet myself, but from what I've heard, he leaves it up to the reader to believe what they may. He is open minded and a great investigator. If you loved his other books, I would imagine you would love these as well. I can't afford to buy them but would love to have the collection myself!!! Fascinating topic!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I wanted to buy them too after hearing him on C2C a couple times. They are at least $70 each. maybe they are worth it but that's pretty expensive

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: -Blackout-

As NightStar has already stated, and from the interviews I've listened to with Mr Paulides on C2C, he is quite particular about not drawing any conclusions or suggestions concerning each case. I too have not read any of the 411 books, but from what I can tell they describe only the cases that cannot be unexplained, and only with the facts that are known.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: isitjustme

The first one(I think) is available here: Missing 411

$24.95

edit on 6-7-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Below are 2 massive ATS threads covering everything you want to know about David - he was a guest here invited by Springer last year........

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   

I've also read his two bigfoot books. I do have 2 of the 411 books but I haven't gotten around to reading them yet. However, I do know a little about them. Just as with the two bigfoot books, he presents information in a very matter-of-fact way. As far as I understand, he doesn't have any sort of angle or go into the possibilities, but rather simply presents the facts of the cases, all of which meet certain criteria. Now, about the possibilities of the cases; like many others, I do personally believe sasquatches may have been involved in some of the disappearances. It certainly seems that way, and IF Paulides feels the same way, there are several reasons he may be reluctant to come out with that opinion.

If you loved his other books I'd definitely recommend buying the 411 series.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Thanks a lot for those links! Yeah, I sifted through the first link that you posted before making this thread. It seems as if David mentions some Bigfoot/Subhuman lurking in the woods (at least that is what some posters were alluding to regarding David's books and C2C comments)

Anyway, I made this post in case anyone here has read the books and knew exactly what the books were all about regarding David's theories before I made the purchase.

Also, thanks for the rest of the replies above! Its appreciated

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: isitjustme
I wanted to buy them too after hearing him on C2C a couple times. They are at least $70 each. maybe they are worth it but that's pretty expensive

They are 24.95, order from his site. Other places are charging ridiculous amounts!

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Sadly, ive noticed this happening a lot with books such as these. If you dont know and are not well informed, because lets face it, some of these authors books are hidden away on an obscure website at times, you'll go straight to Amazon and buy them for inflated prices. Ive seen this a lot. Amazon/eBay are the first places that most folks visit online when book searching/buying etc.

David Hastings for example (off topic for this sub-forum, so my apologies) has a book called UFOs and Nukes. It discusses encounters about UFOs around Nuclear installations. Well, his book on Amazon is usually priced at 80+ dollars. His website, which I JUST DISCOVERED recently, sells the book for I believe 21 dollars. The book was published in 2008 I believe.

Sellers are trying to take advantage of folks who are not good at searching or dont know any better.

So the first thing that I do when I find a book on Amazon/eBay that I am wanting to buy that is over priced, is to do some extensive searching and see if they are sold directly from the publisher/author on some website.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: isitjustme

Just got mine last week and if you go direct to his website I think I paid 25 bucks. I am anxious to get started, just as soon as the family leaves from there visit.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

^That video gives me chills and the tales within.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I have all four books ..Just got the newest. All are worth the read and will blow your mind. As for what is going on ?? Basically all the above or maybe something no one has imagined. Go to this page www.nabigfootsearch.com... to get them..

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I've read all 3 of the missing 411 books and I've enjoyed them all very much. The 3rd didn't have as many interesting and long articles about the missing as the first 2 did, but I am very happy I read them. It really opened my eyes to the mysterious things that go on in our parks and one story in his newest book I actually read on ATS a year before it published. It was the one about a grandmothers child being abducted around mount Shasta and the child recollecting that he didn't like the robot "Grammy" that made him poop on a sticky paper and told him he was from the stars. I also liked that he backs his reports up with factual newspaper articles and eyewitness reports.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: -Blackout-
www.youtube.com...

^That video gives me chills and the tales within.

I have a couple Mp3 audio-casts of Paulides I sometimes listen to while driving.
The link you posted might be one of them.
Goosebumps, for sure! The accounts of the dogs being too scared to track the missing people
is very creepy imo.
I remember hearing a Paulides story of a young boy who disappeared while camping in one of the big national parks and was later found alive. He just vanished, literally within a few feet from his dad and sister. The boy said a weird lady who he thought might have been his deceased grandma took him into a 'cave' and played 'strange games' with him.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

I love how David says "Im not the best writer in the world" but man, listening to him weave these missing person cases is epic. Hes well spoken and tells the tale in chilling fashion.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: NiZZiM

From a reporter's account:

Particularly disturbing to me were the Mount Shasta cases, since I've spent years hiking around Mount Shasta and the Marble Mountain Wilderness, alone for the most part.

Here's the site:
Unexplained Disappearances

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Amen. I have a friend who said she'd never go camping again after hearing Paulides on C2C!

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: -Blackout- Try Amazon, you can get them used there.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I just started reading Paulides' newest book - The Devil is in the Details. It describes cases and places with devil(s) and/or devil related names involved in 411 cases...weird so far how many of his cluster cases follow this trend.

Sinister is the best description of these stories that I have been able to come up with after reading all the books.

I have heard before that Paulides was going to devote two books to Texas and Florida cases alone because there are so many in these states.

Hope that happens.

edit on Jul0148480701484801America/Chicago by Missmissie173 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join