It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO or giant orbs over Denver 07/04/2014

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
So my daughter and I were watching fireworks last night from the park. We had a great view of all shows around the city of Denver, it was beautiful! At about 9:35 mst, we were looking to the east, quite a distance from the city, when we saw these bright glowing orbs of light. I seriously could not believe my eyes! I have never seen anything close to a UFO or orb like this in my life! I tried to keep my composure in front of my daughter as much as I could.
Well, I didnt think much about it until this morning I saw a news article about the lights! Personally, what I seen were three to five lights that appeared to hover, and then all of them free fell in what appeared to be the same path. Anyway, the local news had a video of the lights, but the person had taken the video down and they were asking for it to be posted again. A quick google search brought up several results, including this Youtube video. What are your thoughts ATS?!?

This was on my Facebook page of the local news channel talking about the incident:

It appears the person who posted the video of the strange lights to our page, that we shared, has removed the video, which removed it from our feed. Does anyone else have video from last night? While there were skydivers at Mile High, most of videos were taken in the suburbs, looking at suburban fireworks displays.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The blurb above about paratroopers at Mile High Stadium, these were out well east of the stadium, I would say a good 30 40 miles away from any major city or town, on the eastern plains of Colorado. There is NO WAY these came from anywhere close to the city of Denver.
ETA: I am 38 years old and have seen my share of fireworks....I can guarantee these were not fireworks!
edit on 5-7-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Not that it has anything to do with your lights---
But on Tues 7-1 there was a report made to the National UFO reporting center... this one out of Centennial

Occurred : 7/1/2014 21:45 (Entered as : 07/01/2014 21:45)
Reported: 7/1/2014 9:23:32 PM 21:23
Posted: 7/4/2014
Shape: Light
Duration:20+ minutes
5 Orange lights seen on multiple occasions, west of our direction.

5 orange lights that changed in their intensity of illumination were seen flying west of the facility our officers protect.

Two weeks later, at almost the exact same time the phenomenon was seen again. The 5 lights appear to rise from the ground, at different times, eventually all arriving thousands of feet from the ground, before making rapid direction changes. The lights end up “disappearing” in under one hour.

We have had 3 witnesses on the first sighting and two on the following sighting. Needless to say, it’s not something we normally put in any SOR’s but we made the exception for both occasions.

All persons sighting the craft are former military, from multiple nations.

Source

I live over on the West side of the state but if memory serves --- Centennial is kind of south and east of you guys right?
maybe it's the same thing they saw?

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
They are probably the same as these from last years Thornton show , apparently the skydivers are a regular part of the show.

According to google Thornton is 11.6 miles from Denver which I think is close enough to explain the lights.

Here they are in 2012

edit on 5-7-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman
The obvious question you failed to answer to support your "sightings" is in what direction from your position were the lights as compared to the stadium?

I'm asking just for clarification, I've see real UFOs and many suspect that turned out to be things more mundane.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Thing is it does look like skydivers, although they usually use pyrotechnics, and the pictures don't seem to have any aircraft running lights. These look just like lighting of some sort.
They might even be flares caught in an eddy, it's too hard to tell.
In edit, I notice a flaring light on the ground over to the right just before the sky lights appear, so it could be something launched like flares, or some made up thing.
edit on 5-7-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Looks like a cluster of Chinese lanterns to me, especially the way they fizzled out.

I was out last night watching a local fireworks display and someone in the neighboring housing development were letting them off. I watched 7 of them one after the other rise from the trees and travel the same path then fizzle out at the same distance as they ran out of fuel.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I'm not sure if skydivers use lights when they are diving at night. I would think it would interrupt their vision unless it was to shine a light downward. This might be a good place to start - to see if this is protocol. Even then though - a spotlight directed at the ground wouldn't be that well seen 30-40 miles away. It might look like a twinkle. Unless they wanted to light up as a way to be patriotic.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
UFO or giant orbs? I'd say neither. They look exactly like paratroopers circling around their landing spot until eventually landing, just like is shown in the video, and just like Gortex posted a video of above.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich
Looks like a cluster of Chinese lanterns to me, especially the way they fizzled out.

I was out last night watching a local fireworks display and someone in the neighboring housing development were letting them off. I watched 7 of them one after the other rise from the trees and travel the same path then fizzle out at the same distance as they ran out of fuel.

Could be lanterns too, although they would need to be attached here. I see lanterns all the time, but I've never seen them turn on the same axis like that.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dianec
I'm not sure if skydivers use lights when they are diving at night. I would think it would interrupt their vision unless it was to shine a light downward.

The Big Airport 'DIA' is just east of town... Seems to me if you going to skydive at night not far from a busy international airport having some kind of very bright air craft warning lights might just keep you from being sucked into a big jet engine...

Just saying..

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

The light were to the east of the city. I was west of the city and I have lived here all my life, these lights were a good 20 miles away from the stadium or any surrounding city. also there were no fireworks in the vicinity of the lights.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
its nothing to me,as you say you were at a fireworks display for your 4th of july celebrations,just another part of them celebrations to me.i see nothing remarkable i,m afraid.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I thought lanterns at first as well, but these were huge and the lights seemed to be going out part of the time.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I thought lanterns at first as well, but these were huge and the lights seemed to be going out part of the time.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: sparky31

These were MILES away from any displays going on. Not a single firework in the area of the lights it is a very rural area on the eastern plains.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

If you watch the video above that Gortex posted, those lights seemed to be going out part of the time as well. As far as lanterns, they rise and don't fly around in circular motions. They tend to fly in a mostly-straight line while slowly rising.

The lights in the video you posted are circling around and getting lower and lower until eventually reaching the ground.

The exact behavior of paratroopers.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
According to this chart I sourced from the all knowing internetz, it appears to be an aircraft. So yes, a UFO is possible here.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman
a reply to: sparky31

These were MILES away from any displays going on. Not a single firework in the area of the lights it is a very rural area on the eastern plains.
yeah i know but what i meant was it could be something else to do with the celebrations,i,m sure there was plenty of other things going on for it.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

Your probably correct, I am just saying that from the vantage point I had, these seemed to a lot further east of the stadium or any heavily populated area. After deducing possible scenarios, the most likely answer would be the paratroopers I suppose.
ETA: Figures the first time I come on here and say I saw some type of UFO, its only some stupid sky divers

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join