It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Proud Whopper - Burger King serves GAY Food - This is the beginning of the END

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Another way is to realize that everyone's different and not have a freak out over it.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: beezzer

Another way is to realize that everyone's different and not have a freak out over it.

If you treat everyone the same, despite their differences, then the terrorists win.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: rustyclutch

So your response is, the poll doesn't say what I want it to so I won't accept it? Even if Non-Religious ins't the third largest "religion" in the world you're still left with Hindu and Buddhist in third and fourth and as I mentioned above both of these religions are perfectly fine with homosexuals. So no matter what, your insinuated claim that only 3% of the population accepts homosexuality is a lie.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
There is a real simple way to get rid of all of this.

Treat everyone the same and no-one will have a reason to highlight their differences anymore.

That would be sweet, but existential pride (trademarking that, btw) will never go away. There's always going to be some group of twits somewhere who think their existence is the uber shiz, and makes them better than you because of XYZ.

Our competitive nature has it's perks here & there, but it really shows just how buttholish humans really are when we use that "better than thou" checklist to step on the deemed second classes.
edit on 7/4/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It would've been funnier if it was just meat and mayo between two buns and came with a glitter packet

Seriously though, i don't see why its such a big deal and any different than any other fast food chain's gimmick meal they sell at limited times

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Let's start boycotting rainbow trout too, at least until there's a Jesus fish.

Oh wait.

Didn't that guy say something about acceptance?

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: rustyclutch
I believe they would be trampling on peoples rights to practice their religion which is in the bill of rights.

How?

When you say that people who dont believe what someone else believes has the right to go into their church or holy place and engage in ceremonies that they ought not thats trampling on someones rights.

But that's not happening.

I'm sure churches that refuse to marry them will be punished as well. This isnt trampling on peoples rights?

You're imagining things. This isn't happening and will not happen. American's right to practice religion is stronger than ever.

What ever happened to a business owners right to refuse service to anyone anytime?

I don't believe that "right" existed after that damn civil rights era. From "gay" whoppers to a business's right to refuse service? Please. Pick a topic.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48
a reply to: JohnPhoenix

So many people so annoyed that the rest of the world is finally realising that bigotry and hatred based on absurd 2000-year-old folk tales is utterly anachronous in the 21st century.

What's tragic is you honestly believe that the hatred and bigotry stems from what's written in a 2000 year old book. Yes, Atheists are now publicly jumping on your bandwagon due to your mutual hate for Christians, but behind closed doors they express their disgust with your lifestyle just like everyone else. Stuffing your butt with a penis is simply nasty, and that repulsion has nothing to do with someone's religious beliefs.

Yes I know that was harsh, but I'm getting sick of you people making Christians own your opposition.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnPhoenix
So.. what makes that right? Easter has been around for lots longer than the gay pride thing and I don't see an Easter Burger or a Christmas Burger for that matter.

But have you heard of Easter eggs, Good Friday, Easter Bunny, Easter baskets, Egg hunts, Easter service, Easter Lily, Easter candy... ANd don't get me started on Christmas...

My question is then, should we allow companies to cater so publicly for the agenda of a minority who's tenets are ethicaly and moraly questionable? I think not.

Wait! Since when do we ALLOW companies to have promotions? That's CRAZY!

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

So Obama just swore in a ton of illegal aliens who got their "citizenship" (and I use the term very loosely) by joining up in the military and Colorado cant keep up with the number of illegal aliens they are giving drivers licenses to - do we really need Gay food now?

How is food gay? Do the cows prance their way into the slaughterhouse mooing show tunes? And aliens have been getting their citizenship by joining the military for decades now and they aren't considered Illegals.

I agree with this gentleman - if we must have a Proud Whopper, we MUST have a Jesus Burger too. That wont happen so my decision is to boycott that place and I hope you feel the same way.

Why must you have a Jesus burger? Are Christians so self centered that if somebody has anything they have to have it the way they want too? Sorry but just because you got your knickers in a wad because some company wants to cash in on Pride month then you seriously need to get a life.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
Stuffing your butt with a penis is simply nasty, and that repulsion has nothing to do with someone's religious beliefs.

Take heed ladies who enjoy a little butt-play, after the gays, you're next; and all the burger wrappers in the world won't save you.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Easter has been around for lots longer than the gay pride thing and I don't see an Easter Burger or a Christmas Burger for that matter.

There is an Easter Burger.
Easter Burger

Shake Shack is getting in the Easter spirit, mixing the pig and the cow for a special limited-time burger. Now through Sunday, the Dupont Shack will be slinging the Easter HAMburger, a Shack Burger topped with griddle Niman Ranch country-style ham, American cheese and pickled shallots for $6.50.

And a Jesus Burger.
Restaurant chain offers “Jesus Burger” as Easter promotion

A restaurant chain in Seattle held a controversial Easter promotion offering what it called a Jesus Burger. Lunchbox Laboratory ran an ad depicting Jesus holding a marijuana cigarette with the pitch “When I get back, all I want is the Burger of the Gods.”

edit on 4-7-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

And here's the recipe for a Christmas Burger.
Christmas burgers

500g turkey mince 1 brown onion, peeled, coarsely grated 70g (1 cup) fresh breadcrumbs (made from day-old bread) 1 egg, lightly whisked Salt & freshly ground black pepper 1 x 220g pkt fresh coleslaw 2 tablespoons finely chopped continental parsley 65g (1/4 cup) good-quality whole-egg mayonnaise 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard 8 oval white bread rolls, split 85g (1/4 cup) cranberry sauce

Sounds tasty.
edit on 4-7-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Stuffing your butt with a penis is simply nasty, and that repulsion has nothing to do with someone's religious beliefs.

You right, it has nothing to do with religious beliefs, just personal view and personal pleasure.
The repulsion is not as universal as you make it sound, despite how much you want that to be so

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

EDIT: Nevermind.
edit on 7/4/2014 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnPhoenix
a reply to: Sremmos80

I don't care if it's Christians or any other group as long as it's balanced. See, my thing is if this idea takes off then you will go to your favorite restaurant and be forced to deal with these ideas while your eating. Thats no fun. Or how about go to your local barber shop and see only pictures of middle eastern styles or the reverse.. go to Burger King and have to put up with a Jesus burger when other people are not represented - it's just not right IMO.

So basically you want companies to be all the same. Either representing nobody, or everybody? Why can't a corporation just be itself? Do you feel entitled to be represented everywhere you go? The entitlement state encroaches. The end result is government regulation of anything and everything.

Edit:
This argument about the Proud Burger holds as much water as these ones do, imo.
-There is no Queen at BK where is her representation?

-BK must support monarchies as it uses a King as it's mascot. How come other political parties aren't represented?

-My favorite brand of soda isn't served at BK. How come my favorite corn syrup laced beverage isn't represented?

Also, around here where I live. At least a couple fast food joints (e.g. Burgerville, McDonalds) "celebrate" holidays with decorations and/or kids toys, themed milkshakes etc.
edit on 4-7-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Atheists are now publicly jumping on your bandwagon due to your mutual hate for Christians, but behind closed doors they express their disgust with your lifestyle just like everyone else.

Actually it has nothing to do with the hate of Christianity but rather the people who call themselves Christians that want to force everyone else to live by their faith.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Easter Burger

And a Jesus Burger.

Christmas burgers

500g turkey mince 1 brown onion, peeled, coarsely grated 70g (1 cup) fresh breadcrumbs (made from day-old bread) 1 egg, lightly whisked Salt & freshly ground black pepper 1 x 220g pkt fresh coleslaw 2 tablespoons finely chopped continental parsley 65g (1/4 cup) good-quality whole-egg mayonnaise 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard 8 oval white bread rolls, split 85g (1/4 cup) cranberry sauce

Sounds tasty.

Well, this seems hardly fair: Where's my "Godless-Heathen Atheist " burger? Or the Evolution Burger? Why do Christians get all the good promotions?

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: buster2010

Easter Burger

And a Jesus Burger.

Christmas burgers

Sounds tasty.

Well, this seems hardly fair: Where's my "Godless-Heathen Atheist " burger? Or the Evolution Burger? Why do Christians get all the good promotions?

Dude, that's the Angry Whopper.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Um... Hmmm...

Well, I believe in Jesus. I also believe that people have the right to express themselves in whatever way they wish, and to partake in free will choices of every kind, without judgement on Earth, save for in a court of law as part of a criminal proceeding.

Outside of a courtroom, judgement from one person to another is always hypocrisy, no matter what colours you like your Whopper wrapped in. A poll I found at the ABC news site, suggests that eighty three percent of US citizens identify as Christian. Less than two percent are homosexual. Given that the number of Christians is massive, and the number of homosexuals tiny, it seems to me that the Christian cause is already receiving all the support it needs. The other thing that seems a little foolish, is suggesting that because homosexuals have had a Burger King wrapper designed in their honour, that Burger King feature a Jesus wrapper on their Whoppers also.

Jesus Christ is my personal lord and saviour. I very much doubt that he gives a flying fig who gets their cause on a burger wrapper, and I doubt even more strongly, that he would appreciate having an idealised, and probably physically inaccurate rendering of his holy countenance, plastered all over someone's whopper wrapper, getting covered in grease, and sauce, and the drool of every bugger going. Nor do I believe for a moment that he would appreciate bible verses being sprawled across a piece of disposable fast food wrapping.

What I do believe, is that to suggest a Jesus wrapper is to misunderstand the relationship between homosexuality and Christianity, in the following way.

Christianity is the worship of Jesus Christ, a man who was the son of God, did great works in his name, shared wisdom with countless individuals, bade his followers spread that wisdom wherever they happened to be, mixed with all sorts of people, many of them considered pariahs of their age, and died to save us from our sins.

Homosexuality is what a very small number of mortals do with their bodies, and is their business.

Look at these statements, and see why the suggestion that Jesus needs a wrapper, is the most asinine thing I have heard in quite a significant amount of time.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

The homosexual thing is so boring. What happened to Frisco actually being a truly freaky cultural hub. Oh, I guess that ended with the 60's.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join