It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Californa Highway Patrolman Mercilessly Beats Woman Beside Freeway

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Before I start grilling (and drinking), I wanted to take a moment to bring the following to the attention of ATS.

Another day, another story of horrible police brutality — this time an unarmed woman pulled to the ground and beaten by a CHP patrolman earlier this week. Scant detail has been released regarding the incident but it occurred in LA, Tuesday evening, along the side of the Santa Monica freeway. Here's a copy of the video in a news broadcast published to YouTube by CBS News:

According to an article in NY Daily News, witnesses said the woman was wandering in the median next to an on-ramp when she was approached by this thug.

The cellphone video was taken by David Diaz, a man who was driving by and noticed the woman and thought she might have broken down on the side of the road. When he saw the patrolman approaching, he pulled out his cellphone and shot the video. A brief interview can be seen in a video embedded in the NY Daily News article linked above.

For those who cannot or do not wish to view the video, the gloved patrolman can be seen approaching the woman from behind and pulling her to the ground before straddling her torso and raining down several blows to her head as she tries in vain to shield herself from the attack. I count at least a dozen strikes to the woman's head before a male bystander approaches and rather than assisting the woman, restrains her arms.

A statement from the CHP said they've viewed the video and the incident is under investigation. When Mr. Diaz was asked whether or not in his opinion, the attack was an unjustified use of force, he said, "I mean it's clearly excessive force, clearly. You can't. There's no way you can justify that."

I agree. The video is investigation enough for me to form an opinion that this patrolman should be fired and brought up on charges of assault.

EDIT: the copy of the video from the KTLA broadcast, that's embedded in the NY Daily News article, shows a few more seconds leading up to the attack, including the patrolman taking the woman down.

EDIT 2: Still looking for a link to the complete video, but there's a bit cleaner version at cbsnews.com

The article states that the man who assisted the officer is a plainclothes officer and has another quote from Mr. Diaz:

After a few moments, a plainclothes officer enters the picture and helps the CHP officer put the woman in handcuffs.

The man who shot the video told CBS Los Angeles that he saw the barefoot woman walking around the off-ramp when he noticed a CHP officer chase her around a truck.

"He just pounded her," said David Diaz. "If you look at the video, there are 15 hits. To the head, and not just simple jabs. These are blows to the head. Blows. Really serious blows. And this is ridiculous to me."

edit on 2014-7-4 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+28 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

This is just unacceptable.

Some may say "I wonder what happened before the video starts" in an attempt to justify this beating but no matter which way you put it, no matter what happened before the recording started, there is absolutely no excuse for this officer's behavior and he should be charged with the fullest extent of the law.
edit on 7/4/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

(post by Fargoth removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

This is discusting. I think the worst thing about American media today and it really reflects on society; is the fact that its not that these incidents do not get MSM coverage. They do, they may not get enough but they do get coverage. The thing is nobody does anything about it! Literally it could pretty much be the same article every single day just swap out a few choice details and at the end the article states "The XXPD has opened an investigation...yada yada."

Then there is hundreds of comments from angry people posted here on ATS and all over the MSM sites. But nothing. Most of the time not even a follow up story as the officer is found doing no wrong. Literally 9 of 10 times this happens not even an indictment comes of it, let alone a trial. Hell - I'd venture a guess that 9 times out of 10 the officer is not even reprimanded.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

I hear you! Our founding fathers wanted a free press to expose government corruption and protect the public from government authority that over reach and abuse their power. The media should be all over this and crucify this out of control cop with repeated video clips and condemnations. We rely on the media to expose corruption, but when they're being controlled by the very government their supposed to be protecting us from, the public gets hung out to dry.

(post by w8tn4it removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

I'm quite disturbed by the comments on the NY Daily page. Seems most of the posters were defending the cop's actions.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
"To determine what's appropriate" Eh?? Why'd the spokesperson not just say , "no comment" and "examine the video", that's a laugh. Pummeling a person around the head is not appropriate, in fact it is fecking dangerous, and that boyo was having a field day.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I see things coming to a crescendo....cops arent going to like it at all when the people finally stand up and say "enough".

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Yeah, doesn't look like there are any excuses for this one. She probably just mouthed off or refused to answer or respond. Even if she was wanted for some crime there are still no excuses for this.

The dude has some serious issues and should be booted off the force. He should probably get help with these issues but also probably won't. Another to watch to see if he's a combat vet.

Hope she's okay and sues him and the department too and wins.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Hope she's okay and sues him and the department too and wins.

That's it, any suing is going to come out of the public purse unless done privately, that's you and me. People should start protesting all this violence, if only because of what it costs the country. By the looks of things, it is a lot.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I bet the cop uses the excuse " I had to keep her out of traffic" by pounding her in the face over and over.. This wouldn't be the first time they have used that excuse. These A-holes need to be put in check, and soon.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I better never see a cop doing this to someone in front of me. I'll have no other choice but to beat that cop into jello. Are we not sick of seeing this yet folks. I'm more than ready to step in for the next citizen getting abused, are you? When is enough, enough for you to see this and step in to do something about it other than record. I welcome all answers.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

The protected class is just getting warmed up, people. Ask your local SWAT if they train in sniping.

They are vulnerable to some instant karma in the doughnut shop if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The person who should have been beaten was the cameraman, all the watermark and vertical video.
I'm sure this officer had a good reason for the ground and pound, although his form was horrible.
Or...
I'm sure this officer was on of the alleged ".001 percent" of bad officers.
Surely they are not all bad, right?

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I don't care who you are or what you said to a policeman, you do not deserve to be brutally beaten about the head. That man is a criminal and should be locked away with all the other criminals.
Someone should demand a drug test from this guy----I'd bet what I have in my pockets they'll find roid use!
And the "helper" should be charged as an accessory since he did nothing to stop the attacker, just held her arms.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
If this works, this is the original video.

In edit, It's plain and simple, a turn around and down on the ground, and the beating is immediate, and the policeman is in control at all time. POI, the uploader, has only the first corresponding name, that is not to say they are different people or otherwise, however the uploader has complained that the above video was pulled by Google. The main thing here, is that the initial confrontation is shown, with eyes and ears.
edit on 4-7-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I know everybody wants to give each other stars for condemning this action, but we don't have all the evidence as the incident was only partially film, as far as I could see she was resisting arrest and the cop was beating her, some cops are power trippers, most are not

Let's not jump the gun here

Tbh

One thing I've noticed about about ATS is people love to demonise the police, there are millions of police officers and they carry out there job and dozens of incidents daily, we cannot use a few hundred YouTube videos to demonise an duty which keeps use all safe

Just today I was shopping with my family, when the supermarket employees grabbed a scummy mouthy chav for shop lifting, he resisted for 10 minutes screaming foul language, I felt like kicking him in the face tbh I was with my kids sorry, but when police turned up, they had to put him in cuffs, and so it turned In to what looked like police brutality, but there was no other choice the man was resisting and aggressive, and a danger while making threats, he looked up and said to me... Look look are you watching this there hurting me

I said you deserve it now f@#*img sit still

Now had I off pulled my phone out and filmed it from that moment, amd should I have hated the police and the job they carry out and been anti government, I would have uploaded it to YouTube and portrayed it intentionally in a different light for YouTube hits

The reality is, they was just doing there job
edit on 4-7-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I've seen half a dozen times "rude boy wannabe gangsters" mouth of to the police

Sure they have nothing on them offensive but they're insulting police officers for no other reason than showing of I front of there boys or just for the fact it popular to hate the pigs

Sorry but not only if I was a police officer but even if I was just a passer by I'd want the officer to arrest them for poor manors and a scummy attitude

And yes, if they resisted I'd probably beat there arse with the officer also

Pure scum get off my street

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

The reality is, they was just doing there job

so...bashing the woman is all part of the job....you must be right i mean how else could a grown man take down that crazy bitch....she clearly needed to be smacked in the head 15 or so times.....

unbelievable

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join