It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Arab Spring Just Got Serious Again - Kuwait Is Burning

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Same stuff... different country. Once again someone (former opposition leader Musallam al-Barrak) exposed the corruption among the elites (revealed documents that allegedly prove billions of illicit financial transfers were made to senior officials, including judges) and the leaders (Kuwait officials) decided he should be arrested and charged with slander. This has caused uproar among the people as hundreds of protesters rallied overnight in support of al-Barrack, marching from his house to the jail chanting: "The people want to cleanse the judiciary!" The police in the oil-rich nation of Kuwait used tear gas and stun grenades early Thursday to disperse the protesters.

The Arab Spring Just Got Serious Again - Kuwait Is Burning

This is kind of surprising to me, but then again I haven't been keeping my eye on THAT part of the ME. Sure puts one more twist into the world's latest developments.
edit on rdppmThu, 03 Jul 2014 20:23:08 -0500k1407America/Chicago0323 by Sparkymedic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Oh dear...

It's time for somebody to step down...

Now then, let's see how much better and civil this all pans out in comparisons to Syria, I'm betting it'll be a smooth transfer of power that's of course if ISIS doesn't gate crash the party, and of course if the leak is proven to be legit

Interesting, keeping an eye on this one, we need to dig for more... Who is this opposition guy in bed with? Any news we can pull on him ?

edit on 3-7-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Which I think is likely...in one way or another. And apparently Saudi Arabia just moved 30000 troops to the border of Iraq. That's a pretty serious amount of troops. Things seem to be ramping up quite quickly.

Saudi Arabia Deploys 30,000 Troops

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Sometimes I wonder if all this propaganda and subterfuge was to hide their real strategy for winning our wars over there. Looks like the us has been setting up the whole ME to fight each other and themselves all at the same time. Seems like things could even get so busy even the ardent fighters will have their hands full at home rather than with us. I mean it seems like a better strategy than the one we used in Nam to fight the guerillas. However then I remember how much they cheat from us including freedoms the country was founded upon and realize they're just evil like that.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

The M.E. is flaring up on several fronts; anyone of which could escalate into full blown conflict. With so many conflicts so close in proximity to each other, I wonder will battles overlap with other battles and merge to become even larger conflicts....?

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

and its only July,,,bound to get hotter,, maybe so hot people a vehicles will breakdown??
weather wise i dont know.

Any Lawrence of Arabia types around?

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

The M.E. is flaring up on several fronts; anyone of which could escalate into full blown conflict. With so many conflicts so close in proximity to each other, I wonder will battles overlap with other battles and merge to become even larger conflicts....?

That's perhaps the goal - to melt and forge a new Islamic union. Of course that isn't going to happen with the existing power structures; dictators, royal families, revolutionary parties. They aren't going to budge from power so they have to be displaced back to the level of a political party. In the short term there will be lots of small wars, then the different factions will join up to form larger parties, and eventually some kind of federation.

That's how the American Civil War formed the USA, and how World War II formed the European Union. Spain and a few other countries were still dictatorships until the 1960's.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell
existing power structures; dictators, royal families, revolutionary parties. They aren't going to budge from power so they have to be displaced

yes,,

and who can forget,,

"The Hundred Years War was a series of wars between England and France."

oh wait that was Medievil times.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

30,000 isn't a serious number considering the size of the border, the amount of troops and machinery Saudi has and the fact ISIS hasn't event moved on Baghdad or the KURDS.

Saudi's running ISIS!

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

give a good Commader "30,000",,troops with Air Support, Tank,,Scout Gunships,,

isn't a serious number,, may need re-thinking.

considering the size of the border,, yes IS will spread itself thin across a 150 mile border, and ouze** into Arabia,?

** to flow, percolate, or exude slowly, as through holes or small openings. 2. to move or pass slowly or gradually, as if through a small .

we shall see,,unless a birdy in the sky knows where,,on the border.
Anyone into Falconry in that area??

ya right,,,smoke signals,, lol

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
If Kuwait gets ransacked expect US involvement. We still get oil cheap ever since they got caught slant drilling and we fought off Saddam for them.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnowledgeSeeker81
If Kuwait gets ransacked expect US involvement. We still get oil cheap ever since they got caught slant drilling and we fought off Saddam for them.

You think so?

This isnt the 90s anymore...

Aaaaaaand the US doesnt need Kuwait anymore since they only needed it to set up bases to Iraq at the time...

You think this is about oil?

Tell me Neo... "Do you think that's air you're breathing now"?

Wake up.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: FraternitasSaturni

You think so?

Aaaaaaand the US doesnt need Kuwait anymore since they only needed it to set up bases to Iraq at the time...

Wake up.

So, we don't buy oil from Kuwait?

right

Kuwait oil

what air are you breathing?

edit on 4-7-2014 by KnowledgeSeeker81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
PLEASE forgive my ignorance, but....
The ME countries always have, and probably always will fight among themselves for religious difference...
WHY is this the rest of the worlds problem?
I don't understand the 'oil' issue.

I am old enough to remember the huge, massive controversy over the Alaska pipe line, The bottom line was: If the pipe line was approved there would never again be a need to depend on other countries for oil.
Was that a lie? OR, are we trying to deplete the ME of their oil supply in order to become the dominating world power?

It is a proven fact that there are much better, more eco friendly way of living than being oil dependent, yet the are squashed at the highest level.
That this is about access to oil supplies doesn't make sense. Doing it for 'humanitarian' efforts is ridiculous....we are not improving the the lifestyle of the common good.

Please give me an educated, factual, logical reason WHY we are butting in to the middle east. What is the end game? What is the REAL reason we are there? What is the end goal?

I'm sorry to have to say this, , but it seems like a power-play for world dominance...and that makes me VERY ashamed of our corrupt leaders.

Can anybody explain what is going on in this crazy world?

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1
You kinda nailed it. There is a constant push for a NWO, separation, and segregation. The US was SUPPOSED to actually become oil-independent and start exporting oil this year. We haven't though. We have the resources, we have the stockpile, we have the buyers...but it's just not time I guess. Price isn't high enough to disturb Russia's gas sales, few more years and we might see ww3 from oil, but not now, Russia isn't there yet.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

You think so?

Wake up.

right

Kuwait oil

First I didnt say the US didnt buy oil from Kuwait... I just implied that what saddam really wanted in 1991 was to protect the easiest invasion route - from the sea - which was kuwait. And thats why he wanted Kuwait... not because of the oil... but because of a military strategic point of view and that didnt sit well with the US, along with the oil at that time. EDIT: and thats why you have "someone" saying "something" like "noway we wont do anything about iraq if they do anything to kuwait" like... what... days before the first Gulf war? lol You have to admit that you are being led by liars... a bunch of sheep led by wolves to the slaughter. Thats it. And you think its all about the "oil"....

You really think the world is only about oil lol... right now? You're so 90's... Not even me and I was born in 79... really not even I am that naive.

Now even if it was... the plan would be to the US to be independent of the OPEC - sooooo..... look at that page again and do the math and then tell me again - does that page seem to favor yours or my theory? But you have to really know how to read those numbers...

Just grab a shovel... and dig yourself in please.
edit on 4-7-2014 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

You think so?

Wake up.

right

Kuwait oil

First I didnt say the US didnt buy oil from Kuwait... I just implied that what saddam really wanted in 1991 was to protect the easiest invasion route - from the sea - which was kuwait. And thats why he wanted Kuwait... not because of the oil... but because of a military strategic point of view and that didnt sit well with the US, along with the oil at that time.

You really think the world is only about oil lol... right now? You're so 90's... Not even me and I was born in 79... really not even I am that naive.

Now even if it was... the plan would be to the US to be independent of the OPEC - sooooo..... look at that page again and do the math and then tell me again - does that page seem to favor yours or my theory? But you have to really know how to read those numbers...

Just grab a shovel... and dig yourself in please.

For being born in 79' I'm sorry you don't have a clue of the 1st Iraq conflict. Kuwait INDEED DID slant drill Iraq's oil, Saddam INDEED DID invade them because of that. We INDEED DID protect Kuwait because they sold us the oil cheap. It's not the 90's, you are right, but it still is and always has been about oil. You are a true fool if you actually think otherwise.

As far as the chart...did you not notice Kuwait is among the top, almost always in the 5 digit category? Look at the size of Kuwait compared to other middle-east countries (obviously the Saudi's give us the most) and think about that. A tiny little ME country provides us THAT much oil...but you are right it can't be about the oil...TPTB are too stupid to pursue oil

Is that air you are breathing?

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome
a reply to: stormcell
existing power structures; dictators, royal families, revolutionary parties. They aren't going to budge from power so they have to be displaced

yes,,

and who can forget,,

"The Hundred Years War was a series of wars between England and France."

oh wait that was Medievil times.

I think Spain might have been in that one as well...

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

You kinda nailed it. There is a constant push for a NWO, separation, and segregation. The US was SUPPOSED to actually become oil-independent and start exporting oil this year. We haven't though. We have the resources, we have the stockpile, we have the buyers...but it's just not time I guess. Price isn't high enough to disturb Russia's gas sales, few more years and we might see ww3 from oil, but not now, Russia isn't there yet.

I think there may be a law stating that its illegal to export oil from the continental USA.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Not a lie, exactly. They just underestimated, and badly, the undying thirst for petroleum products in this country.

Not just gas, but plastics, and other things made from oil.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join