It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama pledges to redirect immigration enforcement, conceding defeat on overhaul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
So Obama is supposedly going to direct ICE from the interior of the US to the border to beef up security. Sounds good but I'll believe it when I see it. Especially since the horses (tens of thousands of them) already escaped the barn so to speak.

Still that the House has refused to take up immigration reform is a good thing in my opinion. What difference would it make as Obama just picks and chooses which laws to enforce anyway?

Obama pledges to redirect immigration enforcement, conceding defeat on overhaul

President Obama will acknowledge Monday that there is no hope for legislation overhauling the immigration system in Congress this year and announce he is redirecting immigration enforcement from the interior of the United States to the border, the White House said.

The action, which beefs up efforts to stem illegal immigration across the border but could slow efforts to deport undocumented immigrants already in the country, is one of series of executive actions Obama will pledge since the House decided not to take up immigration legislation this year.

Obama professed hope that Republicans would finally back a comprehensive overhaul of immigration laws, bowing both to business interests and the growing political importance of Latino voters.

Isn't that too bad because "bowing" to special interest groups is always such a good idea. Secure the borders first, then we can talk about the other issues.

According to the White House statement, Obama will now direct Attorney General Eric Holder and Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson to beef up border security.

I won't call this a big win for citizens of the US but it's a step in the right direction anyway.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Good Catch, Fingers Crossed and Hoping to Hear some Truth ... ( for a change ).

One Confirmation would be from my Texas Governor and/or Texas Attorney General.

What I don't understand is ...

IF these countries are in such DIRE-STRAIGHTS, why don't they ask for help ??? ... ( i.e. Monetary and/or Military )

This would be the CHEAPEST for Us and BEST for Them ( i.e. keeping children off the journey and with their parents ).

-
DISCLOSURE: Watching-n-Waiting.

edit on 30-6-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
So Obama will start doing what he was elected to do, uphold the laws and US Constitution? He is admitting that he was holding the US border enforcement hostage in order to force the Congress to vote his way???
Sounds like something he should be impeached over.

As far as his promise to start doing his job.... I won't hold my breath.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Hmmmmm, interesting! I saw him do his speech and the WHOLE time, he blamed the HOUSE! BUT YET!!! YET!!!!!!

The HOUSE was asking for border security first!!!! THEN immigration! Right?

That wasn't good enough for Mr. Obama and Dirty Harry, so their answer was to just call off the dogs *Border Security*, release prisoners, and YES even VIOLENT ones and have a border free for all!

Today, he stood there and told a BOLD FACE LIE!!!

This so called "opportunity" as Nancy Pelosi was quoted as calling it, was most definitely orchestrated by this administration!!! The HOUSE, did the right thing by addressing security first! Seems to me if instead of having your lap dog Harry Reid stonewall everything the House put forward, this *Opportunity/CRISIS* wouldn't be happening right now!

You OWN this one pal! It won't be a *phony scandal* too much longer!

So who's fault is it again Mr. Obama that we have our hands full at the border???

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Obama do the job of a real POTUS, I think not, its just him and his handlers wrapping things up now that the agenda is almost complete...and the fact that some news agency's have mentioned he could be perceived as a child abuser using children to further his political agenda.

Oh wait a minute Obama didn't know about the kids tell he saw it in the NYT...my bad.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

IF these countries are in such DIRE-STRAIGHTS, why don't they ask for help ??? ... ( i.e. Monetary and/or Military )

They don't have to! Obama is already planning on sending them money! Just like everything else. Just throw some MORE money at it!

Obeying our existing laws was just costing way too much money! How much is it going to cost now?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
So Obama will start doing what he was elected to do, uphold the laws and US Constitution? He is admitting that he was holding the US border enforcement hostage in order to force the Congress to vote his way???
Sounds like something he should be impeached over.

As far as his promise to start doing his job.... I won't hold my breath.

Good Points.

And it's amazing how they create the problems and then cast illusions about how they will all-of-a-sudden take some kind of action after purposely ignoring existing laws.

This is typical of these Progressives.

They invent the trouble and then come up with a "no-win" "no-solution" answer.

Obama even made a statement a few days ago that the children can't stay.

All while they are being strategically transported to key locations nationwide.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

He wants more immigration. That was the whole point of his reform speech.

Someone must have told him that bringing millions more immigrants here would help our economy. Certainly there are enough jobs for all us Americans to go around.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

So Obama will start doing what he was elected to do, uphold the laws and US Constitution?

Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it. This POTUS takes the title "Liar-In-Chief" to a whole new level. Frankly I think it's because he actually believes his own lies.

Anyway we need to clamp the southern border down hard and then deport every single illegal alien in the US, period. Let them follow our laws like legal immigrants do, not reward them for breaking our laws.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

Anyway we need to clamp the southern border down hard and then deport every single illegal alien in the US, period. Let them follow our laws like legal immigrants do, not reward them for breaking our laws.

The bases were loaded and you just knocked it out of the park Bassago

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Just three facts forced his hand to retreat:
"Agents changing diapers"
"Agents catching their diseases"
"The Agent's Union going ballistic"

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Now it appears border agents will have to carry anti-air weapons based on the Mexican heli attack on American soil.

This guy....he's........he's just an extremist idiot hell-bent on destroy the average American family. Pelosi and the rest of them are on board for this plan too. I can see them in a meeting asking what next they can do to piss americans off or to destroy us. It's all planned because there ain't nobody this stupid.

new topics

top topics

join