It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trucker Pulls over Trooper for using Cell Phone and Speeding...Watch this Awesome Video

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+55 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This is Awesome...

It seems that video is now the best way to protect yourself.

Police complaints are down 80% in San Diego since they began wearing cameras.

In this changing world... A camera is not a bad thing to have.

WARNING: Pulling over Cops could be hazardous to your health.
edit on 30-6-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-6-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Honestly, I wasn't paying attention to my speed.

I don't remember having my phone on me.

Can you imagine giving any of these same excuses to a cop and expecting to slide with a warning? Good luck with that.
edit on 2014-6-30 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I wonder if he strained his neck with all that back-pedaling

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Still laughing. Maybe I should lend my username to that policeman, huh?

Glad it all ended well. I should look into getting a camera. Anyone know how much they cost in Canada?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Honestly, I wasn't paying attention to my speed.

I don't remember having my phone on me.

Can you imagine giving any of these same excuses to a cop and expecting to slide with a warning? Good luck with that.

Then the cop try's to buy him off with some phony inspection card.

I wonder what would of happened with no camera present.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
That Cops an Alien from the "Galaxy Awkward"...

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This is pretty awesome and the guy is lucky to have gotten off because the cop knew how serious this could have gotten had it gone to court.

In all seriousness some cops are out of control because they see their bosses the crooked politicians getting away with breaking the law they want their pound of flesh too. Name and shame.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I got nailed two years ago for a two second conversation, literally. The DA's charged me, originally, with FOUR felony counts(I can't elaborate any more, T&C and all that). WIth the pigs testimony, almost all of it untruthful, I had no choice but to plead or else I would have gotten screwed in this broken system. I could not attempt to fight, as it's widely known that a pig would NEVER lie and I'm just a useless mouth breather so anything I said would obviously be useless.

I'd bet this pig won't even see a courthouse, let alone get charged with felony counts. Heck, he'll probably get promoted because the law doesn't apply equally to them.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher

I got nailed two years ago for a two second conversation, literally. The DA's charged me, originally, with FOUR felony counts(I can't elaborate any more, T&C and all that). WIth the pigs testimony, almost all of it untruthful, I had no choice but to plead or else I would have gotten screwed in this broken system. I could not attempt to fight, as it's widely known that a pig would NEVER lie and I'm just a useless mouth breather so anything I said would obviously be useless.

I'd bet this pig won't even see a courthouse, let alone get charged with felony counts. Heck, he'll probably get promoted because the law doesn't apply equally to them.

I can beat that. Two years ago I got a cell phone ticket for scratching my ear lobe. The cop said he saw me with my hand close to my ear (from approximately 50 yards away) and it appeared there was something black in my hand!

I respectfully told him that he was wrong, offered to let him view my call logs and he became irritated and told me that I could either pay the ticket (extortion) online or plead my case in court (my word against his). The court date happened to fall within then next few weeks on a day when I was going to be out of state on vacation and realizing that I stood a fair chance of losing anyway, I ended up paying it.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Buddy was a little aggressive towards the cop imo . I have had similar encounters and the cop is not as bad as some I have seen .I cop is diffidently courteous and may have been because he was being recorded but I get a sense of one of those rare officers . a reply to: whyamIhere

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

That video just made my day. I am so grateful that we have citizens with the resolve to exercise their rights and challenge authority. Things like this video can help to bring people together regardless of politics.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I can see why the trucker may have been a bit aggressive with the cop.

Does anyone here know how much the first offense is, for a trucker on the phone? According to a trucker friend, first offense, over 250.00 for the driver, and over 750 for the company he drives for.

I'm not saying that is a bad thing, I'm just saying it should apply to those that enforce it as well.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I would of never paid a ticket for scratching my ear lobe.

They could put me under the jail.

I do understand why you just paid it. Your cellphone would prove your innocence.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Get him for bribery too… No violation inspection report.

Gotta hand it to the cop for coming clean, though.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Get him for bribery too… No violation inspection report.

Gotta hand it to the cop for coming clean, though.

The Cop was busted...

I don't think the trucker had him on any dash cam. He just turned on his camera.

This video is going viral. The Cop will never here the end of it from his buddies.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

This video is going viral. The Cop will never here the end of it from his buddies.

As in, "Dummy, never fess up on video."

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Cop decided to look good for camera after thinking about it, but OH MAN they are going to get even with this guy, name and lic will spread across the state!

We see them drive reckless all the time, a Sherif revved his engine loudly in town yesterday and suddenly accelerated until on the bumper of a car and then a light turned red... that was close, I assumed he was trying to intimidate the car driver or something, but it was a reckless move.

edit on 30-6-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Yeah, that cop went to his car and called someone and told him what was going on and he was told that if he had him on video blowing past the truck with his phone in hand that he had better go back and kiss that truckers ass. That's my only theory as to his 180 degree turn in attitude. If he had not been recording that trucker would have been drug over the coals!a reply to: whyamIhere

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

About 10 years ago a buddy of mine and myself went fishing at a local creek. It was actually a big park with a creek running through it and it was mostly fenced in accept at the entrance of the park which was a long way from where we liked to fish.

On the backside of the park they had a bunch of softball fields and there was gate that was always open while there were games going on, and that was a lot closer to where we wanted to fish.

So we parked at the softball fields grabbed our gear and walked through the gate to our fishing hole.

We fished for a couple of hours and it started to rain so we grabbed our stuff and booked to the gate and my car, threw the stuff in the trunk and left.

Got about a mile or 2 down the road and a cop passes me going the other direction I see him hook a U-turn and hit his lights and he pulled me over.

He left us sitting in the car for at least 15 minutes until another cop rolled up on the scene they then make us exit the car and cuff us "for their protection?

They start asking what we were doing over at Mill Creek and we said we were fishing . Well why were you guys running to your car ? Because it was raining?

They asked if I had fishing gear and I said its in the trunk so they look in the trunk and of course we had a lot of fishing gear So they want us to show them our shoes because if we were fishing they would be muddy.

They took my buddy into their car and started asking us questions separately . This all took at least an hour and I was very civil and cooperative I actually kind of thought it was funny because all we were doing was fishing.

They took the cuffs off and put us back in my car and made us wait at least another 20 minutes.

One cop leaves and the other one comes up to my car with a speeding ticket for 56 in a 35. that is when I lost it a little because I was not speeding at all

I asked him to show me the radar and he refused so I refused to sign the ticket and went to have my day in court.

Everything out of that cops mouth was a lie. First he said he was just sitting there radaring when I drove by at 56 in a 35( when he passed me going the other direction) He said he offered to show me the radar and I did not want to see it and I just refused to sign it.

He said there was no other cop on the scene and he did not pull us out of the car cuff us and question us or search us.
He said he did not ask about us fishing and it was just a routing traffic stop and I refused to sign.

Of course I was just shocked at his lies and did not know what to do or say and not being a lawyer I was just saying Things like "you liar" You did this and this and the prosecuter is like "sir you have to ask questions ? and Im like but he is lying through his damn teeth.

Long story not so short I lost and had to pay the ticket. All they have to do is lie and they can screw you good because the judge ALWAYS sides with them.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Lol at the anonymous mask in his truck, he's not anonymous anymore.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join