It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth to Echo Symbolism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
A group of kids discover a bird like robot that can't speak but with the use of sky maps directs the kids to various locations
where they are supposed to collect parts for this robot so that it can magically turn these things into useful parts build a ship so it can return home.

Echo, in Greek mythology was a nymph who had the ability to speak of her own free will taken away
as punishment for attracting the lust of the god Zeus. She was cursed to only be able to repeat the last two words someone else spoke.
This is Echo from the film.

As you can see it's an owl. Why an owl? That animal is associated with Athena. Maybe they needed a way to work in the ability to use
Zeus's thunderbolt.

and this

Whats going on here? Sure is a whole lot of symbols overlapping each other.

what i take out of this film: The owl cant talk to you directly but you should help it to get what it wants because it will make you happy even though you will get nothing in return: and that's just one layer of encoding.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
They're prepping us for "disclosure".
(Which I'm told will be coming soon.)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

That's one of the surface layer encoded messages also

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

Seems like the disclosure provided by this film is going to be that geocaching is cool.

edit on 29-6-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It's a new story idea, and frankly, is refreshing. It seems that in the past decade or so, writers have hit the wall with new story ideas (look at all the remakes in the past 10 years) This one actually looks like a good blend of sci-fi, cuteness, and ET-want-to-go-home goal just enough that I want to see it, and that's a rare thing for me to want to see any movie coming out anymore.

As for "mysterious hidden symbolism", I don't see it. There's only so much stuff we can come up with before we have to tweak what's already available to make it seem like a fresh idea. This movie's pretty much that from what I can tell of it (made to seem like a new idea like I mentioned above) but it looks like it was done well enough to not be a lather, rinse, repeat kind of script.
edit on 6/29/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

haven't seen the movie (or even knew it existed) but everything i'm seeing here makes sense
excellent work

what a hoot

that large geometric pic, it's an interconnected web of life (note the lines connect at the stars)
(the movie 'life of pi' made use of a similar spider web in its intro)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
All I can say is wow! This is right up my street and surprised I have not even heard of it.

Interesting storyline, the owl kind of reminds me of the clockwork owl from the 1981 film Clash of the Titans which I saw at the cinema as a young child. Thanks for the heads up I will definitely be taking my boy to watch this one.

Have a star for this

Cheers

Scaley

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scaleyback
I will definitely be taking my boy to watch this one.

No, please don't. there are enough brainwashed youth in the world.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Haha maybe so but the boy has a strong mind just like his father. Tell you what if you can tell me why you think this movie will brainwash him then I will consider not taking him to watch it?

Scaley

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Scaleyback
I haven't analyzed it enough to give you a detailed report but its going to imprint in his mind that he should help/give the owl/alien whatever it wants. This is a bad thing considering the elitists use the owl symbol constantly. See Bohemian Grove.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Me neither but I like the way you think. Maybe I will screen it first myself and will report back once I have seen it. It's not out for about 3 weeks in UK.

Scaley

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
It's not a coincidence that many stories, and most if not all good ones, utilize archetypes and symbols. It's not a conspiracy, either, in my opinion. The owl is seen from a different perspective in some Native American storytelling traditions. Instead of censorship, I hope to expose my kid, when I have one, to lots of things, with the caveat to look deeper, & ask questions. a reply to: Nyiah

new topics

top topics

join