It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full Civic Literacy Exam

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
You answered 33 out of 33 correctly — 100.00 %

No big thing. Mostly high school stuff, maybe freshman college for the economics questions and one rather out-of-place question on philosophy. Now where are the anti-Masonic conspiracy theorists to point out the symbolic meaning behind 33 questions?

The elected officeholders come from the ranks of Democrats (40%), Republicans (31%), Independents (21%), and those who say they belong to no party or indicate no affiliation (8%). None were asked to specify what office they held, so the proportion in which they held local, state, or federal positions is unknown.

Maybe the politicians would've scored higher if the party representation were weighted a little differently.
edit on 29-6-2014 by FurvusRexCaeli because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
a reply to: MarlinGrace

I tried it, I'm from Canada as well, some of the questions were tricky, so I got 4 wrong, none of the financial questions...

Question: The phrase that in America there should be a “wall of separation” between church and state appears in:

Question: In 1935 and 1936 the Supreme Court declared that important parts of the New Deal were unconstitutional. President Roosevelt responded by threatening to:

Question: What was the source of the following phrase: “Government of the people, by the people, for the people”?

Question: The Bill of Rights explicitly prohibits

Cheers - Dave

Canadian water must be really good for the brain. Thats marketable "I'll take a six pack of Canadian SmartWater."

I only drink reverse osmosis water LOL

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
"You answered 27 out of 33 correctly — 81.82 %"
Made me feel a little better about aging than I have been lately. Senile dementia? Not on your tintype!

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I got tripped up by a couple of easy ones...smh.

You answered 30 out of 33 correctly — 90.91 %

If you have any comments or questions about the quiz, please email [email protected].

You can consult the following table to see how citizens and elected officials scored on each question.

Incorrect Answers
Question: In 1935 and 1936 the Supreme Court declared that important parts of the New Deal were unconstitutional. President Roosevelt responded by threatening to:Your Answer: override the Supreme Court’s decisions by gaining three-quarter majorities in both houses of CongressCorrect Answer: appoint additional Supreme Court justices who shared his views.
Question: The Puritans:Your Answer: believed in complete religious freedomCorrect Answer: stressed the sinfulness of all humanity.
Question: The United States Electoral College:Your Answer: is otherwise known as the U.S. CongressCorrect Answer: is a constitutionally mandated assembly that elects the president

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000
Aye same here, I reread it three times every time I read it it made less sense and my dyslexia decided to play at the same time..

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

You answered 27 out of 33 correctly — 81.82 %

Yeah you used that Jedi mind trick stuff.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: FurvusRexCaeli
You answered 33 out of 33 correctly — 100.00 %

No big thing. Mostly high school stuff, maybe freshman college for the economics questions and one rather out-of-place question on philosophy. Now where are the anti-Masonic conspiracy theorists to point out the symbolic meaning behind 33 questions?

The elected officeholders come from the ranks of Democrats (40%), Republicans (31%), Independents (21%), and those who say they belong to no party or indicate no affiliation (8%). None were asked to specify what office they held, so the proportion in which they held local, state, or federal positions is unknown.

Maybe the politicians would've scored higher if the party representation were weighted a little differently.

Wow we are definitely not worthy..

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   

I tried it, I'm from Canada as well, some of the questions were tricky, so I got 4 wrong, none of the financial questions...

Question: The phrase that in America there should be a “wall of separation” between church and state appears in:

Question: In 1935 and 1936 the Supreme Court declared that important parts of the New Deal were unconstitutional. President Roosevelt responded by threatening to:

Question: What was the source of the following phrase: “Government of the people, by the people, for the people”?

Cheers - Dave

Canadian water must be really good for the brain. Thats marketable "I'll take a six pack of Canadian SmartWater."

Cheers - Dave

LOL see I knew it. I can see the marketing campaign now. "Brought down from the highest Canadian mountains on horseback by the Royal Mounted Police." "Canadian SmartWater the drink of mensa members worldwide."

I see a money maker here...

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzCory
"You answered 27 out of 33 correctly — 81.82 %"
Made me feel a little better about aging than I have been lately. Senile dementia? Not on your tintype!

You belong to an elite club of left coasters, I had to move out to even get a 78% score.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

You answered 32 out of 33 correctly — 96.97 %

would have gotten 100% if i hadn't clicked wrong on this i knew the answer.

Incorrect Answers
Question: Which of the following fiscal policy combinations has the federal government most often followed to stimulate economic activity when the economy is in a severe recession?
Your Answer: decreasing both taxes and spending
Correct Answer: decreasing taxes and increasing spending

just about all of this is high school stuff

Your answer was the fantasy trip up answer. You need to remember the phrase "Shovel Ready". Then realize the guy who said it has never seen a shovel.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidAmerican

I did way better than I thought...

You answered 28 out of 33 correctly — 84.85 %

Thats very good for looking over your shoulder all the time while testing. lol great nick

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Question: Which of the following is a policy tool of the Federal Reserve?
Your Answer: raising or lowering income taxes
Correct Answer: buying or selling government securities

Question: Which of the following statements is true about abortion?
Your Answer: it was legal in most states in the 1960s
Correct Answer: the Supreme Court struck down most legal restrictions on it in Roe v. Wade

Your Answer: U.S. Constitution
Correct Answer: Gettysburg Address

I was confused about the first one. They do both.

In the second one, that answer seemed too obvious, so no, I wasn't 100% sure what the answer was.

And in the last one, I was mixing my Preamble and my Gettysburg. It's been a long time since I had to memorize the Gettysburg in junior high.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Correct Answer: the Supreme Court struck down most legal restrictions on it in Roe v. Wade

In the second one, that answer seemed too obvious, so no, I wasn't 100% sure what the answer was.

And in the last one, I was mixing my Preamble and my Gettysburg. It's been a long time since I had to memorize the Gettysburg in junior high.

The federal reserve is a private entity, they can raise interest rates but not taxes. The U.S. Constitution requires that all bills regarding taxation must originate in the House of Representatives. Now we know who to drag into the streets first when the SHTF.

Nice score

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

The federal reserve is a private entity, they can raise interest rates but not taxes. The U.S. Constitution requires that all bills regarding taxation must originate in the House of Representatives. Now we know who to drag into the streets first when the SHTF.

Nice score

No, I know only the Congress has the power to tax, but the Fed raises and lowers interest rates.

Annnd, I just read what I selected ... Guess this is what happens when you sleep like crap and your 3-year-old wakes you up at 6 a.m. I thought it was interest rates, not income taxes. Thank God I wasn't at work.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I almost made exactly the same mistake you made - I caught it just before I clicked on the wrong answer.

I got 84.85%. I did make a couple of dumb mistakes, there were a few that were pretty obscure to me - some I guessed right, and a couple I guessed wrong. I knew all the financial ones though, so I'm pretty proud of that!

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Nice score

No, I know only the Congress has the power to tax, but the Fed raises and lowers interest rates.

Annnd, I just read what I selected ... Guess this is what happens when you sleep like crap and your 3-year-old wakes you up at 6 a.m. I thought it was interest rates, not income taxes. Thank God I wasn't at work.

I knew you knew that, this was just for bonus points, and don't let the 3 year old take the test he would probably smoke everyone. Hopefully you don't work at a bank.. lol

Thanks to everyone it has been fun. You guys rock!

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Nice score

I knew you knew that, this was just for bonus points, and don't let the 3 year old take the test he would probably smoke everyone. Hopefully you don't work at a bank.. lol

No, I'm an editor/proofreader which means they pay me to be perfect and notice tiny attention to detail in everyone's written word. Sad to say, that this would have been a colossal fail on my part.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Nice score

No, I'm an editor/proofreader which means they pay me to be perfect and notice tiny attention to detail in everyone's written word. Sad to say, that this would have been a colossal fail on my part.

If you have a 3 year old, and since my is 30 and I remember 3, you get a pass, many, many passes.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Cheers - Dave

Cheers - Dave

LOL see I knew it. I can see the marketing campaign now. "Brought down from the highest Canadian mountains on horseback by the Royal Mounted Police." "Canadian SmartWater the drink of mensa members worldwide."

I see a money maker here...

I got a money maker ;-) I have two bottles of natural lithium water scooped-out from a natural spring-fed lake, that has twice the lithium levels as Lithia Springs water, maybe I should try some of that LOL.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   

I knew the spending increased but I guessed on the tax part.

The debt question is about the difference between the debt and the deficit. The deficit was zero and the debt was not changed. I thought I got that one right.
edit on 1-7-2014 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join