It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atomic Bombs...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I got bored, so I logged on and searched:
"building at atomic bomb"
Into Google, and was suprised to see the first link was telling you how to build one. This means that rich and powerful people could soon be creating arsenalls on nuclear weapons ready for war.

The only hard thing is that an atomic bomb can cost upto $30,000,000 and weapons grade Plutonium is illegal, so you'd have to smuggle or steal 50 pounds of the stuff...

I cannot be held responsible for whatever you find out about how to make atomic bombs...

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I am sure you don't need google to make an nuclear weapon. Anybody who knows how one works could build one with enough money.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
yeah but building the mechanics is easy but pruifieing the uranium/plotonium core and shaping the "bullet" in fission bombs is the hard part and that is why baddies like bin laden cant make one.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The knowledge has been around for years.The difficulty is the items need to make the things.Not something you gonna do without people noticing.
As for the terrorist threat there not carrying out simple bombs in shopping malls so l doubt if a group is outside smaller than a country is gonna try to make nukes or dirty bombs.

[edit on 3-12-2004 by weirdo]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Dirty bombs aren't that hard to make, and the stuff you need for them is in most good hospitals that can aid cancer (kind of). In US about 30 were stolen and found in a dump about a year later in a bomb casing that was a bit crude!

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
$ 30 million thats cheap the going blackmarket rate for a nuclear weapon is $250 million. Uranium enrichment is a complex and expensive process making the bomb itself is not really hard most of the stuff to make one can be purchased at a place like radio shack.

A dirty bomb like Nexus mentioned is so much easier and cheaper to build

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Killing people in large numbers is not that difficult.Terrorist are not operating as widely as the media and our govts are reporting.The evidance for that is in the fact that nothing has really happened in the West in any great numbers.If Al Quieda wanted to use dirty bombs they would not have carried out 9/11 but waited until a time when they could successfully carryout an attack that would have struck a lot more fear in people than 9/11.This didn`t happen because they are to small and there true intention is to strike fear and panic rather than mass killings.

new topics

top topics

join