It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Me? or are you really a bunch of star whores.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Its not about the stars so much as the fact that i would like to be acknowledged as a contributing member of this site.

Like in this thread by Tenth.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I said something along the same lines as the poster below me yet i am totally ignored. Why the hell do my comments and threads never merit even a single star? (Not that i want them) I just like the acknowledgment; that my voice is heard and maybe that there is a single like minded individual on this site.

Is it just me or are the people on this site a bunch of fakes posting on multiple accounts to make it look like the majority side with their views?

Is it to make certain people look bad? Is it just me or what? This is not directed toward any one person, this is not a call out. This is me ranting and wanting answers.

When i make threads, (which is rare) I try and make them constructive.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's what i want from this thread, constructive feedback on my misguided posts and threads.

Apparently i am not worthy of much conversation and constructive criticism here.

Iva also ran into some bush beaters, that would rather play mind games with me than spit out their bottom line.
Yes i get in, i am easy mark. I have passionate beliefs about things. That makes me troll bait for sure.

The truth is, I'm here to have my mind changed with logic and reason. I'm here to be constructive, and to learn from my peers.

I also like to hear others opinions and beliefs. If we don't agree that's fine. Give me reasons, give me rational logic and give me your opinions.

Bring on the truth. I can handle it, i am a big boy.

edit on 6/27/2014 by shaneslaughta because: Title

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Am i missing something here? Lately i have really become lost on this site.

Seems like the quality of the posters is going down hill.

Maybe its just that my bar is to high and i expect something more.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: shaneslaughta

Actually, I feel the same way a lot of the time. I get ignored all the time here. It's funny, I think of your screen personality as one that carries a lot of weight around here... guess it's all perception.

I'd add more, but I'm getting off work now
edit on 6/27/2014 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
But, isn't the very creation of this topic a vie for attention (stars)? It will happen anyway because people will agree with you that see it your way. It's hard to be noticed in a large group of people and just because you aren't isn't a reason to be so upset about it. It happens. Not everyone can have the spotlight every hour of the day. Besides, from your star count, it appears that you have over four-thousand. That's pretty nice in and of itself.

I dunno, it just seems like you're replicating the very thing that you're complaining about by starting this topic.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

No stars for you.

Lol, seriously, I find the same thing sometimes. It's just the way it goes. I've started threads on here that I thought would get a lot of conversation going only to peter out after 4 or 5 comments. The attention your thread/comments get probably depends on the subject matter (new topic or something covered ad nauseam?), the time it was posted (I'm sure there are peak hours that users are logged in), and just plain luck.

I wouldn't let it bother you so much, it is the internet after all. It requires a thick skin.

edit on 27-6-2014 by jtrenthacker because: words is hard

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

G,day mate.
its OK bloke.
most people are prob. plane missing bored to the extreme. there has been a lot said here on ATS about the missing flight
come to think of it you did not answer my ques. about the name of the island in the indian ocean that the U.S.N uses as a staging base.
its not a prob dont sweat it
here have a couple of these and i'll go crack a coldie myself

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I have no idea what is happening with your posts shaneslaughta, or why you are not getting recognised. I cannot speak for anyone else, but I do not star posts, or flag threads, that I do not consider worth the effort. That said, I have not seen one of your posts or threads for about three weeks. I may have missed them, and that is unfortunate, but if I see you contribute something that adds to the quality of discourse here on the site, then you can bet your buttocks I will star and flag!

link   
No, its not the stars, but the acknowledgment. I could care less about them. I like to know my voice is heard and what people think of it. It would be great to receive a response instead of a star.

Then at least i know that people actually read my posts and agree or disagree with them.

Its the feedback issue that gets me the most. I just want the feedback. The stars give that as well, just in an inconsistent manner. That is why i don't like them. Cant tell others opinions from stars. Just that they may agree with you.

As a way of showing my thanks for all your comments and actually taking the time to give me your feedback....stars for all weather i agree or not!

link   

Yous star to post ratio is almost 2:1 so i cant see why you perceive that you dont get many stars...

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Maybe advocating allowing these groups to nuke themselves is not the best way of getting stars, I don't know you or recognise your avatar but there's a lot of hate in the post you quoted.

I see the post below is advocating the same and got stars but the chances are his post was shorter than yours, so more people will read his while skipping yours. Either way imo both posts are ridiculous and neither are worthy of stars.

It's a pet hate of mine that people just resort to the tired old "just let them nuke themselves" or "let them turn the middle east into glass". The only country to ever use nukes ever is the U.S.A and I guess you are one of them? I maybe mistaken but probably not.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

Yous star to post ratio is almost 2:1 so i cant see why you perceive that you dont get many stars...

Its not the stars but the feedback and recognition of my content that i seek. That helps me gauge myself on my content quality and my discussion topics that will draw attention and conversation.

But it does piss me off when a similar comment posted after mine receives a bunch of stars and mine gets diddly squat.
Makes me feel like i shouldn't bother posting anything at all.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

I understand. That was not my intention to come across. What i mean is, its stupid to keep fighting endless wars that are based off of religious principals. More so that it is stupid to put our Americans or any other nations people in harms way when they aren't even practicing the same or any religion for that matter.

That whole area of the world is unstable and its not our job to keep the peace there. Our nation is really hurting and its all about the middle east that people seem to care about.

Edit: It was a comment out of frustration. Its not our problem and none of it effects us if we keep our noses out of it.
edit on 6/27/2014 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I think, a lot of the time, that things here simply boil down to a misguided popularity contest. It seems that certain members merit stars and flags, not because of the quality of their contribution, but rather simply for existing.

I, like yourself, enjoy receiving stars and flags only because it lets me know that there really are folks out there reading my threads and replies, even if they couldn't take the time (or simply didn't need to) to reply themselves.

Personally, I hand out stars and flags like they are going out of style. That's not to say I star every post I read but I do star every post I read that makes me go "yeah, totally agree" or "damn, excellent rebuttal" even if I do not necessarily agree with the post.

Stars and flags are a great way to promote quality discussion but only when used properly.

Kallisti

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
How exactly does people not giving you stars prove them to be star whores?
If they were somehow stealing them from you to add to their own collection, you would have a better case.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

OH!

Are you worried about responses? Man...

Listen, the ebb and flow of this site is unpredictable. You can post in God knows how many threads, publish threads like you have some sort of compulsive communication disorder, and if the place is too busy when you post it, or if it is too late in the part of the world where the majority of members live, or if another thread has taken a lot of attention on the day, then it is easy to miss something.

I mean, I spend weekends out of the house, and not connected to the ATS family. When I get back on Sunday night, or Monday morning, it is often as if the entire landscape around here has changed, so it's pretty easy to miss something, unless you find yourself with lots of free time, going back over two or three days of posts and threads is not easily done, and harder still while at work!

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

It's recognition. Flashy profile props, mod status, sigs, stars, flags, popular threads, your stance in the community, your place in the world, special badges. You'll think you're popular, but from the basic concrete foundation of a person, you're nothing but another person until we find common goals and can coexist as friends, which are cool peoples. Mad props to my braj's out there though.

Don't think you're inferior cause someones got 300 flags, 500 stars, and a mod status/or popular stance while you only wield 3 stars.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I know it's frustrating that these things occur and with America being seen as the world police it is expensive and the majority wish not to be involved with these issues. But it was your country exporting democracy to the world that started the civil war.
I know this is not in the context of your thread so don't want to go off topic, just giving you my perspective on the thread you used as an example.

Regarding stars and flags, I wouldn't worry about that. I would be more concerned if nobody was responding to your posts than stars and flags.

You have a decent ratio of stars to posts, better than mine and I don't have a persecution complex. It appears to be more in your mind rather than in reality. To me it sounds a bit needy creating this thread but that's just my opinion. Good luck.
edit on 27-6-2014 by mclarenmp4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
A toast, raise your marshmallow stick!

Those Sneetches have stars upon thars.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

You are clearly did not read any of the content i posted in this thread nor the title of this thread.

No star for you! Come back one year! (Soup Nazi Parody)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

Maybe it is a bit needy, but i am the type of person that needs continued feedback and encouragement to keep me moving in the right direction. Thanks for your opinion on the matter.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join