It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montel Williams Show - 1989 UFO video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
One of the most compelling flying disk videos I ever seen was around 1989 when Bob Lazar was first coming on the scene. No internet at the time. I was in a pawn shop one afternoon here in So Cal, around 3PM or so, that had multiple TVs displaying the Montel Williams show. The topic was UFOs and Area 51. Two of the guests were Glenn Campbell and Sean David Morton. I had never heard of them before but as I had always had an interest in the subjects I stood and watched the show. I guess at that time Mr Morton would guide people to a spot on the now unaccessable 'freedom ridge' area for a couple of nights for a price. Being 7 miles from the Area 51 runways and buildings it offered a very nice view. Morton showed a video maybe 3 minutes in length of a few saucers. Maybe 5 or 6, all powering up, sitting on a runway near some buildings. One lifted off the ground maybe 10 feet and shot across the desert at unbelievable speed. Stopped, the accended diagonally. Stopped... flew all over the area at crazy speeds while the camera struggled to keep up. But did so very well. The video finished with this 'sports model' craft returning to it's intial hover position then setting back down near the other craft. I was so blown away. I tried to get other folks attention in the pawn shop to watch it. They just ignored me. It was just incredible footage. Very clear, filmed probably around dusk. Not long after is when the internet became accessable online and that video was the first thing, okay... maybe 2nd thing... I looked for. But no luck. To this day I have only heard it mentioned a handful of times. The last being on an episode of UFO Hunters when they mentioned seeing a video. And discussing enough of it's contents for me to be sure what we saw was one in the same. I even went thru the Montel Williams online archives where you could view nearly every episode besides that one. Being that Montel Williams was part of Naval Intelligence before his TV fame I'm surprised it even showed the one time. I've even tried to contact Sean David Morton about it a few times but got no reply. Seems all involved were likely 'asked' to help it disappear. Does anyone else remember seeing that episode or the video I mentioned? More importantly, do you know where I can get a copy of it?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mrscary3721

No vid, but this may help:

www.ufowatchdog.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Yeah, that's one of the first and only references I've found to that particular show and video. And, if you read through the text, it's amusing all the negative things they were saying about Sean D Morton and about the video I refer to above. That video is (was) second to none... Disinformation rearing it's ugly head in the late 80's and early 90's. a reply to: BestinShow

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
A few months ago I was watching an episode of Oprah Whinfrey Where are They Now. In the episode where they are talking to a most eligible bachelor in Jamaica or the Bahamas. You can clearly see a cigar shaped object flying in the sky.

Also in the movie with Tim Robbins and a actor I can't remember. Well its about domestic terrorism. There is a scene where Tim is arguing in a back yard and you can see a cigar shaped object in the sky

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Is this it?

OR (on this second video he is showing what looks like an older video)

and Wiki

and facebook
edit on 26-6-2014 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
No, neither of those videos are even close. It's content was something closer to this... Area 51 UFOa reply to: Staroth

edit on 6/26/2014 by mrscary3721 because: Image would not load.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Well, it looks like the episode wasn't in 1989, but possibly 1994. Montel Williams was on from 1991 - 2008.

Still looking. Thanks for the hunt. I needed something to do tonight

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Thank you, tport17. You're correct. That episode aired in December of 1993... a reply to: tport17

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Well Sean David Morton was on in December of 93 without Glenn Campbell and Montel promised he would go to Area 51. A second show had Sean David Morton and Glenn Campbell and showed Montel going to Area 51 with Campbell. This show aired in August of 94 according to Campbell's Facebook page. Episode guides don't show it though. Other than Campbell writing a long rant about the episode, it is like the episode dropped off the face of the earth. Not only are there no videos, but there is no mention of it. The only picture is already shown above. In all my reading though, it does seem like Morton is quite a piece of work. Didn't see one good word about him. When searching for his videos I just kept coming up with more and more books. Good luck to you!

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   

I don't think we'll find the correct video you're looking for, it's very elusive anyway.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

Very interesting videos...and now we have element 115. Thanks for posting these, I have never seen them before now.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Thanks for your time 'errbody. Please keep your eyes out. You'll absolutely know it when you see it. I'll continue to search as well. And if it turns up somehow, someway... I will make sure you see it as well. Thanks again.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Sean David Morton may be all those things they say. But it sounds more like a smear campaign to me. It seems like they are going way out of their way to make it sound like anything he says or represents is all lies. There's a reason that the Montel episode I'm referring to is missing as well as info about it. Because that one day in December 1993, with one 3 minute video, Sean David Morton absolutely blew the lid off everything related to UFOs and Area 51. a reply to: tport17

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Was it this episode?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: twfau

Just got to watch this the other eve. Great episode. I kept having to remind myself how old this was, and where we were at will all of this at the time. Part of me wants to find it commendable that Montel, a former military man himself, would go out there and see for himself. On the other hand, I have to wonder if it wasn't all just part of the beginning of "disclosure". X-Files was on and popular at the time, and you have to question how certain info such as this didn't get nixed before airing - then again, seems like it's not the easiest episode to find these days either, I looked - nice find twfau

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: KAOStheory
On the other hand, I have to wonder if it wasn't all just part of the beginning of "disclosure".

I always get a chuckle from these old UFO shows or movies, seeing how enthusiastic everyone is that finally the "truth" is going to be discovered and exposed any day now.

And then here we are decades down the road essentially nowhere nearer an answer then we were then. Oh, how optimistic people are.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Ditto.

I do think this is a "Great Moment in UFO History" tho, as people were still debating and the gov't was still denying that 51 even existed. Montel was like, "I'll just borrow one of those new-fangled Hummers and go see."
So, planned or not, I think it opened a lot of peoples eyes to the possibility that our gov't may be hiding technology.
And like you said, sadly, decades later there are STILL a lot of people who, every time there's a light in the sky, say, "It was NOT ANY TECHNOLOGY that ANY Earthly gov or org has," as if they are actually at all privy to that information.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: twfau

No, unfortunately, twfau. It would be the one Montel mentions at the very beginning of this video. The one he shows a clip from where he tells Sean David Morton that he plans to meet with him and pay a visit to Area 51. Also on that clip it shows the date it aired as being December 27, 1993.
I appreciate you finding and posting this one very much as I am maybe half way thru it and can't recall if I seen it way back then. Thank you and please keep your eyes open for that other 12/27/1993 episode. It really truly is the Holy Grail of UFOlogy. I DID HEAR MONTEL ACKNOWLEDGE THE VIDEO I'M REFERRING TO IN THIS VIDEO POSTED BY TWFAU. CHECK OUT WHAT MONTEL SAYS ABOUT IT BY FAST-FORWARDING THE VIDEO TO ABOUT THE 30:57 MARK. Keep looking, friends...
edit on 8/25/2014 by mrscary3721 because: I came across more relevant info related to this post.

edit on 8/25/2014 by mrscary3721 because: Posted incorrect time info. Now corrected.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: KAOStheory

I would consider the December 27, 1993 episode a "Great Moment in UFO History". But by the airing of THIS episode doors were slamming at an unbelievable rate. Sean David Morton's video footage is mentioned but not shown. And hasn't seen the light of day since. The view of Area 51 had been, or was soon to be, relocated from the ridge 7 miles away to 24 miles away. This was more of a "Big Moment in UFO Disinformation History".
All the bulls#@& Glenn Campbell posted about Sean David Morton after the Montel shows is strangely nonexistent in this video. Seems like it would've been a great opportunity to expose him to the World if any of it were true, don't you think?
One more thing. I know that George Knapp had a post on ATS for awhile saying he would answer questions. I think I'll ask a few and see if he responds...

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

ah you are correct, i do remember him mentioning that. i hope someone finds it, and i'll keep searching too.
do let us know if he responds!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join