It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Azerbaijan Ready to Attack Armenia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Azerbaijan's Defense Minister Zakir Hasanov

"Azerbaijan Ready to Attack Armenia" ?

there goes the rest of the neighbourhood.

sigh,,

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

Any evidence or sources? It would be an interesting development, if true. But without any background, evidence or reliable sources, i have to chalk it up to being either a mistranslation, or a hoax, lol.

Thanks, though.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Here's a recent article regarding the situation:

On the eve of Azerbaijan’s Armed Forces Day, Defense Minister Zakir Hasanov gave an interview to the state news agency AzerTAG, Turan reported.

“We have every opportunity to hit any object and settlement on the territory of Armenia. However, for the current situation the peaceful Armenian population is not to blame and it constrains us,” said Hasanov

Referring to tensions on the front line, the minister said that the reason for this is the continued “occupation of the territory” of Azerbaijan by Armenia. “Armenians fire on our positions, trying to carry out reconnaissance and sabotage attacks; they fire at our civilians and damage farmland,” he said. “Therefore, the enemy must be spoken to in its own language, and we do it; the enemy is losing and we take revenge for our martyrs,” said Hasanov.

asbarez.com...

I don't know how reliable the article is, but it would seem that there is some tension between the two states. If the minister's words are to be taken as truth, it would already seem that there are conflicts happening between the two states...interesting stuff.

Thanks for drawing attention to this...

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
This?

Baku Says It Is Ready to Attack Armenia

June 25th, 2014 (asbarez)

BAKU (ArmInfo)—On the eve of Azerbaijan’s Armed Forces Day, Defense Minister Zakir Hasanov gave an interview to the state news agency AzerTAG, Turan reported.

“We have every opportunity to hit any object and settlement on the territory of Armenia. However, for the current situation the peaceful Armenian population is not to blame and it constrains us,” said Hasanov

Referring to tensions on the front line, the minister said that the reason for this is the continued “occupation of the territory” of Azerbaijan by Armenia. “Armenians fire on our positions, trying to carry out reconnaissance and sabotage attacks; they fire at our civilians and damage farmland,” he said. “Therefore, the enemy must be spoken to in its own language, and we do it; the enemy is losing and we take revenge for our martyrs,” said Hasanov.

The whole region is in complete banker turm-oil.

Added: they are 85% Shi'ite.
edit on Jun-26-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Jeezuz Bob it looks like every little potentate and fly by nite country is getting ready or fighting already.....
This is one I haven't heard of yet....
Any idea what the details may be?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

well , looking at the Gen. Uniform i see ,that cresent moon and star,,u know usuall crossed swords stuff,,

ohh and aviator wings???,,gonna be an air war?

thats about it,,ohh and something about,, people getting killed,,in a disputed area,,,
other than that,,

bupkis

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Well let's see:

We have Russia trying to invade Ukraine.

ISIS invading Iraq and preparing to invade the rest of the Middle East.

Rising tensions in Asia.

Now Azerbaijan threatening Armenia

All the while America gradually retreats into isolationism.
edit on 26-6-2014 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Check out the thread by ATS member HELLMUTT ...by the title "War in Nagorno Karabakh can start at any moment" Brilliant thread, very pertinent to current geopolitics. reply to: stirling

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Google is my friend thanks
just did the tour....
This is a long term project dating back decades....very similar to the Eastern Ukraine situation....
It looks like the Balkans may still be the opening gambit....ala 1914

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Very similar to Ukraine and gas.Nagorno karabakh(NK) and the BTS oil pipeline.
many people involved , even the Oklahoma National Guard or a future tour by LARRY KING lol

Supposedly America will step in if Azerbaijan attack NK, which has been pointed out as a very convenient place for "peacekeepers' to have temporary airfields which would allow an air attack on Iran.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Every1 please go read about the Azerbaijan high ranking officer that killed an Armenian officer and Azerbaijan said they would take disciplinary acts against him but when he got back to Azerbaijan they promoted him to a higher position and he is still considered a hero for the country... It's truly sad for the Armenian people, first Turkey now this! Armenia always gets pushed around and has its land taken away and their enemies always act like they are the victims.. God bless my Armenian people. Armenia never starts any problems, but they also will not accept being bullied, which is why I love my ethnicity for never backing down!

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It just sucks that my country has been bullied around for so long. Taking our land, killing and raping our women during the genocide. We have been through a lot, and will continue to fight for our right to live and be free. I have family back at home and I hope nothing serious escalates in the future.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
When you look at these two countries you see both of them trying to gather both the West on thier side. Armenia works through the NATO PFP and Greece in particular while Azerbaijan also works through the NATO PFP and Turkey. Russia has troops in Armenia for Armenia's protection while at the same is Azerbaijams largest arms dealer. In the end neither side wants to scare off Western support so neither side attack the other. And Russia afraid of losing one or both of them to NATO will also continue to support both of them against each other.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

"Armenia works through the NATO PFP and Greece in particular while Azerbaijan also works through the NATO PFP and Turkey."

Armenia and Greece ,,
Azerbaijan and Turkey,,,

kind of from West to East of Asia and Northern Europe,,

thats a long front,,

Greece to Armenia,,,

1,234 miles

Turkey to Azeraijan.

662.28 miles

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome
a reply to: MrSpad

"Armenia works through the NATO PFP and Greece in particular while Azerbaijan also works through the NATO PFP and Turkey."

Armenia and Greece ,,
Azerbaijan and Turkey,,,

kind of from West to East of Asia and Northern Europe,,

thats a long front,,

Greece to Armenia,,,

1,234 miles

Turkey to Azeraijan.

662.28 miles

When I say work with them, I mean Greece is Armenia biggest supporter to joing NATO, Turkey is Azerbaijans. Of course niether will get in so long as they have this dispute and either Greece or Turkey can veto it. Kind of like poor Macedonia who has been trying for years to get into NATO but, is blocked by Greece becuase Greece wants them to change their name. This also makes any conflcit between them unlikely.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
RIGHT just for anyone whom is thinking well let them fight among themselve's ARMENIA IS 95 Percent CHRISTIAN (A particularly conservative christian society) and has been since there church was founded in about 301 AD so they are our brothers and sister's so please remember that.
Here are some of the atrocity's in more recent history the Armenians have suffered.
en.wikipedia.org...
There are claims that the Armenians also carried out atrocity's but as shakespear said "wrong me do I not avenge", I am not saying it was right but had they not fought back they would have been wiped out entirely, remember the history of Islam the so called peaceful religion Irag was mainly christian, palestine was christian, turkey was christian, egypt was christian, bosnia was christian, bulgaria was christian, sanna was judeo christian on the east arabian coast, somalia was christian to name but a few.
It is a religion whose prophets say "I kill for my god" were christianity is the opposite "I DIE for My GOD", there god is loveless and unmerciful and there paradise is a garden, our god is merciful and loving and our heaven is undefines except we shall be as the angel's whom serve god - so living with a purpose not sitting in a safari park like an alpha chimp which mindless female's as they think they shall recieve.
All those christians whom are being beheaded in IRAQ and SYRIA are martyrs to our god and will come with him in the cloud's, there so called martyrs are mainly murderers whose hands are stained by the blood of the innocent.
And if this offends GOD IS MY JUDGE.
HOW LONG WILL THE WEST SERVE ATHEIST HYPOCRITES AND NOT DEFEND OUR OWN PEOPLES.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Update:

27 June 2014, 12:23 (GMT+05:00

"Situation on contact line between Armenian and Azerbaijani troops remains tense"

"The ceasefire on the Armenian-Azerbaijani contact line
was broken from different directions 60 times last night,
the Azerbaijani defense ministry said on June 27."
"The co-chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group,
Russia, France and the U.S.
are currently holding peace negotiations."

en.trend.az...

Seems contained.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
To OP, you should not have black out the map. If you guys search on google map. Why am I not surprised that those two countries are next to Georgia and Iran.

Next thing you know Pakistan and India gets tension.

Iran is completely surrounded.
edit on 27-6-2014 by makemap because: (no reason given)

top topics

join