It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Aztec, New Mexico crash of 1948

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The story goes that in 1947 and 48, there were three crashes in New Mexico. Roswell, Aztec, and San Augustin.

In a very recent article by UFO researcher Dennis Balthaser, he claims there's
'no doubt that a craft came down in Hart Canyon a few miles east of Aztec New Mexico in March 1948, basically undamaged, containing bodies, was taken apart and transported off of the mesa, and remains covered up to this day, 64 years later.'

The craft supposedly suffered little if any damage.

The book he's touting looks interesting. Here's Balthaser's article:

The Aztec Incident

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

1. A relative traveled on horseback to the site about 10 days after the event. He insisted that some heavy duty trucks had been there. It looked to him and his friend like trucks bigger than the big oil field trucks routine in the area. Their mutual friend that they got the horses from had a ranch nearby. They were all 3 convinced that the crash was real.

2. I've met Dennis several times. He's always come across as quite serious, professional, high in integrity, no nonsense, discerning, a careful researcher and a careful observer. He's likely well above average meticulous and thorough--annoyingly so on both counts, most likely, for those who live close to him.

3. The 3rd book, that I've not read all of, appears to be quite convincing, to me. I think the circumstantial evidence is considerable.

4. There's a large concrete slab there. Some claim it was of the type used sometimes at wells. But it's definitely not. The REBAR used in the slab has been researched and is consistent with that used at that time. IIRC, research indicated that the slab was necessary for the crane used to lift the whole craft--perhaps before or in the process of taking it apart to get it on one or two lowboys. IIRC, the soil in the area is quite sandy, at least in large spots. IIRC, there was an incidental discovery that enabled them to take it apart. I forget what that was.

5. IIRC, the new, then, radar installations were extra high powered due to Los Alamos to the East and all the secret work going on in NM. Purportedly the extra high powered and new radar installations were a factor in the craft crashing. Purportedly, after Roswell, the critters adjusted their technology to avoid such problems any further.

6. The crashing of the Aztec Symposium was, imho, stupid. Ignorant bias and control freak pride junk sabotaged it into the ground. Dennis was a stalwart from the beginning and did a LOT to help it grow and be of outstanding quality. In the end, he was treated very shabbily. My best guess is because of his high integrity and his courage to speak the truth about the destructiveness the 'new agey' change in direction would be to the Symposium. He was, of course, right.

7. I'd guess that 80-90% of the well known 'biggies' in the field spoke at Aztec one year or another. And some several times . . . Timothy Good, Stanton Friedman, the Phoenix Lights researchers, the trace landing scientific investigation teams, Travis Walton, Paola Harris, Stan Romanek & his wife, and several others I no longer remember.

8. Dennis has also been researching the DUMBs (Deep Underground Military Bases). I've cautioned him to please stay alive. LOL. He's fairly careful and takes a good long time to do his research. Last I communicated with him, he was convinced that there's truth to the DUMBs but he wasn't yet prepared to guess about what the parameters of the truth were.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Sounds interesting .. didnt get to read the link due the popup to like them on farcebook that covered my screen .. closed the page as never have and never will use farcebook ..

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
We moved to the area in the mid 60s.

In my teens I heard about this and Asked around. Growing up I did all sorts of odd jobs got to know quite a few old timers. Some thought it was a hoax other would say you dont want to go there. People I worked for did spill some beans . They would tell you about it in a round about way.

Like The USAF lost a plane at the head of Arch canyon. The books say heart canyon arch and heart head near each other a small mesa between them. If a spacecraft would have landed it would have to had to draw the military . Later would say the military did maneuvers in 48 they started a bad brush fire. Never said a ufo crashed but beat around the bush with answers . Air force had some weird round craft back then ?? WTF? This area is still out in the sticks? A few if asked point blank do you believe in ufos > yes Do you think they are people from another place visiting here yes . Did a ufo crash out side of Aztec or do you think one did umm hemm haw well I dont really know or how to answer that.

The Farmington UFO Armada

Date: March 17, 1950

ufoevidence.org...

I have seen the original Daily times news clipping.

Now this a lot of people remembered and would talk about. My friends spilling the beans said they were looking for a crashed ship of theirs. Ahh ha The aztec crash ? How do you know I am not talking about Roswell :/ Were you talking about Roswell no answer .

I think something happened something crashed and started a fire. Just weird actions and weird answers from people I knew for 10-20 years. Everything else were straight answers no beating around the bush no double speak.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Lostinthedarkness

The owner of Smoke Chevrolet . . . now a different dealer name . . .

was visited by the Feds and instructed in stern terms to keep quiet . . . about the flyover etc.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
As far as I'm aware the Aztec, New Mexico crash was a hoax put together by Silas Newton and Leo Gebauer .

A subsequent investigation by J. P. Cahn, a writer for True magazine, found that Scully's informants were Leo A. GeBauer ("Dr. Gee") and Silas Newton, veteran confidence artists, and their saucer story was part of an elaborate swindle to peddle bogus oil-detection equipment to unsuspecting buyers.

Neither the Scu11y book nor the Steinman book is persuasive. The critical information each presents is questionable. Everyone we contacted in Aztec, especially the older people who were adults in March of 1948, is certain that no crash ever took place. It is clear that the flying-saucer-crash story is part of Aztec's folklore but not its history.
www.ufomind.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I believe my relative.

I believe the later high quality researchers.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I believe the later high quality researchers.

I believe you should provide links to that high quality research.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
If aliens are advanced enough to traverse the immense distances of the galaxy, you'd think they'd be able to keep their ships in the air.

Three crashes in the span of a few years? Even our own AF has a better safety record. I don't understand how such an advanced piece of technology could be brought down by some radar or a lightning strike. Sorry, but logically it doesn't make any sense.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Unless there was some sort of defect in the craft that were being flown. Happens to us all the time with cars, where a certain part of the vehicle suffers from a manufacturing defect and the company has to recall that particular model.

I find the idea that radar could be bringing down interstellar craft highly dubious, but I don't discount altogether the notion that a crash is/was possible. We've spent millions of dollars on probes to mars that were researched for years and meticulously planned only to lose them. While it might be far less likely that an advanced civilization could make such errors, it's certainly not impossible.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The idea that radar would bring down alien craft designed to travel through space, seems sort of ridiculous. So radio waves were enough to crash ET craft? What about gamma rays and radio wave emissions in space that are produced by pulsars or super nova? I don't think these researchers approached this with a scientific mind. They gathered just enough circumstantial & indirect evidence to create doubt & provide enough material for a book(s).

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Assuming aliens have in fact visited earth...and assuming their craft uses magnetic fields for navigation purposes, the magnetic field would likely be static and stable. Thus, radio waves (Like in radar) would not be a factor. The opposite however would be different. Magnetic fields from alien craft might cause radio interference when approaching the radius of antennas or towers.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Radar uses microwaves. We measure distance and altitude with the return of the wave. In wave theories waves can when added together either double the magnitude or nullify it. A thought if they (UFOs ) were using a microwave based system for distance and altitude a similar wave could cause havoc .

We use microwaves to cook the wave excites the molecules in the substance creating heat. The heat in a substance if the substance is a conductor it would increase conductance and reduce resistance . some materials will put off electrons when heated . Some metals melt in a microwave gold or silver rimed ceramics will spark or flash in a microwave light and energy being given off. Unshielded microwaves have stopped pacemakers is it a stretch to think maybe electronics of a different form may be effected.
edit on 25-6-2014 by Lostinthedarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
The story goes that in 1947 and 48, there were three crashes in New Mexico. Roswell, Aztec, and San Augustin.

In a very recent article by UFO researcher Dennis Balthaser, he claims there's
'no doubt that a craft came down in Hart Canyon a few miles east of Aztec New Mexico in March 1948, basically undamaged, containing bodies, was taken apart and transported off of the mesa, and remains covered up to this day, 64 years later.'

The craft supposedly suffered little if any damage.

The book he's touting looks interesting. Here's Balthaser's article:

The Aztec Incident

it is funny how the modern US UFO enthusiast focused too much energy on this roswell crap while there are MULTITUDES of real UFO cases that got more documentation all around the world..

start with 1977 colares incident

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: milomilo

The Colares "attacks" are very strange indeed. It's incredibly weird that E.T.s would come here to Earth and just randomly (seemingly) attack people for no apparent reason.

I find the alleged New Mexico crashes very compelling. It seems quite plausible that the nuclear tests and other activities going on at Alamagordo, White Sands, etc, attracted the attention of the E.T.s

I've heard interviews with alleged insiders who say these spaceships were doing recon missions. They were monitoring
the nuclear tests and the missle launches. As skeptical as I am, I can certainly entertain the theory.

new topics

top topics

join