It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are evil spirits pretending to be afraid of religious symbols so we will believe them??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
We used to have regular hauntings in the family, probably coinciding with the time I was born until just a week ago (I'm about 33 years old now).. But the activity has for the last few years, since I followed Jesus, dramatically subsided, and I don't get nightmares anymore.

To make the story short, I have through my own investigation, deduced they were demonic in nature. The evil entity(s) in fact, followed me in my overseas travels and spread to other people as I've later on found - to my horror!

It gave me a fair amount of experience dealing with evil spirits who manifest physically in hauntings. I may seem calm in sharing this short summary but it was terrifying experience.

One thing I found very odd in my research is the fact that religious symbols make evil spirits mad. In my mind, why would evil spirits be angry at religious symbols when religious symbols in many occassions, contradict the teachings in the Bible and are not encouraged by Jesus!

So why do evil spirits are driven mad by these things? Or are they just acting or playing sissies??

...To reinforce our beliefs in religious symbols that actually have no power?? Maybe these are all part of their master plan, they pretend religious symbols are quite potent against them but is not in reality so when the time comes, we'll be held powerless by belief in things that are worthless?

It's probably a big mistake to underestimate the intelligence of evil spirits. It's very likely and entirely possible for them to pretend to be afraid of something so you may believe what causes them to "fear" even if it's worthless.

In my experience what was one thing that repelled these evil spirits the most is the lack of fear/or any emotion and not paying much attention to them.

It took me many years to figure it out and to have enough courage to face them. I still won't regard myself as an expert. It's a lot easier said than done.

I'm really beginning to have strong doubts against religion. I am a Christian. But I certainly won't lose my beliefs in spiritual entities, they are absolutely real, because if not, then my mind is causing these things which have observable effects by others like articles in the house shaking/vibrating violently. And I seriusly doubt it's mind!

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

...To reinforce our beliefs in religious symbols that actually have no power??

Has it occurred to you that Satan might be a similar device?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Could be some spirits from here that are there remember them and despise them based on the location they are in.
My 2 cents

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

...To reinforce our beliefs in religious symbols that actually have no power??

Has it occurred to you that Satan might be a similar device?

What....?

No Satan? Then who made me do all those wicked things?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Could you elaborate on why you think religious objects making evil spirits angry contradicts Bible teachings and/or Jesus? If anything religious objects having power over them reinforces Christianity.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Acts 19:15 King James Version (KJV)

15 And the evil spirit answered and said,Jesus I know,and Paul I know; but who are ye?

When this guy was trying to remove the spirit in the name of Jesus and Paul it was screwing with him.
far removed from this are exorcisms using the names of power. The result is instantaneous and efficacious

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
You can by believing in something manifest protection for yourself. In a way it is the same as holding your own and being fearless that they cannot really harm you since you are protected and if they cannot push the fear they are harmless.

I am normally not a fan of human made religion so I am not gonna say you need human made religion to be safe.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ahnggk

Because I can't speak about spirits or the supernatural since I ave never had any type of encounter with one I will say this to you with absolutely no mocking tone or anything like that.

You said you seriously doubt it is your mind and I can understand that stance however it wouldn't hurt if you sought a professional opinion on that and if you don't like what they say seek a second and third opinion.

As I said earlier I have never had an experience with spirits or the supernatural but I have had a bad reaction to what would be perfectly fine for everyone else that has made me think I was seeing such things. IMO its not a bad idea for you to make sure you are not being effected by something terrestrial first. A clean bill of health will also help when you are telling such stories.

With Kindest Regards
Grim

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Interesting... I, too, at least think I experienced something seemingly intelligent, manipulative, and mean, without a visible body that could still interact physically with the environment, sometimes. And it scared me badly. And it was different from a "ghost."

I have some weird ideas about it all that are likely ridiculous... but for what it's worth...

I am not religious in any traditional sense, but calling the thing a "demon" fits ... loosely, anyway. I don't know what it was, really, but it got me thinking about spirituality... which was odd, if demons really were corrupting humans away from a God, etc.

The whole idea of good and bad teams behind the scenes strikes me as too simplistic... the more I learn, the more I know that this universe is incredibly complex and holds information and lifeforms that would seem ludicrous to what we now think we know... and a good and bad spirit team just falls short, especially when "good" and "bad" are so subjective... as in context and perception can turn around our understandings of what is good and bad, and any God that may exist by definition holds "good" and "bad" in him.

Why these things react to religious symbols sometimes, then, is a puzzler... but they don't react to them all the time.

It could be we just don't have enough real info about what's going on to even make an educated guess at their ultimate nature and goals... but, some have suggested that these spiritual beings might, ultimately, be constructs of the human mind, and these things are reliant upon our emotional and intellectual attention to keep existing (and just because they originated from mental energy as "tulpas" doesn't mean they aren't real on some level).

Thus why "demons" make us think "angels" will save us from them, why rare odd religious miracles happen and why conflicting religions all have some things that point to their validity... perhaps it's all a game to make us "worship" them and thus keep them alive with intentional energy. Maybe they are cooperative to ensure each others existence?

Heck, maybe they have a life all their own, and just feed off of our energy... a vague notion touted by psychics supposedly "in-the-know."

It is far fetched and mostly unsupported by anything but whimsy and guesswork, but "spirits" do, indeed, seem to exist in some form. So maybe this idea that they are mental constructs and need mental energy for life has some validity... maybe not!

Just my musings and it might change tomorrow...
edit on 6/24/2014 by Baddogma because: clean up and adds

edit on 6/24/2014 by Baddogma because: missed a "to"

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I don't personally believe that a symbol has any power whatsoever in and of itself. I believe the person holding the 'religious symbol' becomes empowered to face the entity solely by their own belief in the symbol.

I have done many 'house clearances', never once with any kind of religious symbol or religious intent. There is just one rule that challenges your strength, that you in fact have total control over any entity, and that is the 'spiritual' law that says spirit has to, and cannot disobey, commands from this dimension.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
So you believe in evil spirits but not the power of supposedly stronger good spirits?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

...To reinforce our beliefs in religious symbols that actually have no power?? Maybe these are all part of their master plan, they pretend religious symbols are quite potent against them but is not in reality so when the time comes, we'll be held powerless by belief in things that are worthless?

Wow I have always thought this, also the reactions of most people are to run to the churches for help and answers, especially if a cross or other religious icon seemed to help with a supernatural entity.

And this... is exactly what I have learned also!

In my experience what was one thing that repelled these evil spirits the most is the lack of fear/or any emotion and not paying much attention to them.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I doubt if these religious symbols have any power other than to give a person confidence to fight off these crabby spirits. If you try to be as pure as you can it can help. Lying, deceiving others, stealing, and judging others lowers our ability to fight off these beings. The reason is because deep down in side of us we have a sense of right and wrong.

Some people do not have this good companion spirit and have no conscience. They look at everyone as prey to trick them out of what they have. The numbers of these people are increasing. The thing is if they do target a person who is protected by the good spirits, they will find themselves constantly plagued with problems, and possibly somehow dying. I thought this might be called the curse of Cain at first, but it also could be some sort of guardian angel, some having more power than others. If you are protected and piss off this being, bad things will happen to you. The guardian can punish you too, making you mess up or causing you to get caught if you do something wrong.

If you are having bad luck and things keep going wrong, examine your direction to see if you are pissing off your guardian. I think this is why some people do so good when they are honest, this guardian has power over even the demons in other people. So, the demons actually make a bad person help you....or punish you.

So this is just something I think could be happening. It could tie to religion I suppose, but I suppose those who are religious would say that a demon cannot do something good. Original sin, our desire to worship deceit to get what we want. There is something I don't completely understand guiding this reality. It could be we are nothing but a video training game, but understand this, it is very real to us, we can hurt, we can die. If we die in this reality we may die in the real realm also. This is impossible to verify from our point of prospective.

I personally believe that a person who is young and not married monkeying around a little is not against god, as long as it does not cause them to loose faith in god. Married, that is different. Now the reason I think this was put into religion is to deter kids from getting diseases and also to keep kids from being exploited by people for sex. I guess nowadays the change in society is causing this exploitation to escalate. I think that there is some kind of chemistry causing the numbers of pedophiles to increase by lessening our ability to communicate with our subconscious where our conscience is formed. But also, they could never have been guided right in the first place. People who are bad want to create more like themselves, this is normal human behavior just like Christians want to create more like themselves. We do have a war going on here, but it is a war of perception. The old saying you are like the company you keep is valid, but it does not mean you cannot change. If there was no possibility of change, we would have to kill all the people who are conmen and thieves and murderers or rapists to get them out of society. Other countries still do this, but the heads of our country are deceivers which is apparent by their campaign speeches. Those who form the laws are not really that honest many times.

Why do I always get so off topic and make such long posts
Aww, maybe

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Very interesting I have never thought of this before. It somewhat makes sense because I recently heard that reincarnation is used as a soul trap. It's said that angels love us as human beings but once we die the angels hate us.Our souls are very powerful when it isn't bound to a human body.
edit on 24-6-2014 by Teeky because: wordn

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Nearly every culture/religion has their boogyman they pull out to ward off evil. Priest, Rabbi, Witch, Imam, Yogi, etc. They are all effective at it because they are tapping into their own sources and intentions. You will hear of entities being equally scared off by a witch's pentacle as by a priest's crucifix.

A person who has dedicated their life to holiness (regardless of the path) will affect the other worlds and those that reside in them. You will also notice that some religions predispose people to being victimized by not-so-friendly entities. For example, who normally gets possessed by demons? Christians. You rarely (if ever) hear of an atheist being "possessed".

So a "demon" being warded off by a crucifix or a mandala ward isn't necessarily frightened by that person's path or gods but by the connection itself.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I tend to agree with a few of the posters.
I don't think they fear these particular symbols or words so much as they fear the will of mind from the person wielding them. as with the examples above, every religion has its talismans that when combined with the belief of the person have some impressive effects and it would be foolish to think that only one religion has the ability to repel "evil spirits" or what ever you may call them, its all in the mind and its a powerful tool.
edit on 6/24/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
This is about you losing your faith.
Don't fall for their tricks and manipulations.
That's exactly what the demons want you to do.
edit on 25-6-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ahnggk
So why do evil spirits are driven mad by these things?

I think you may have answered your own question:

I followed Jesus...

Religion and God are complete opposites.

Remember who hated Jesus more than anyone else?

The religious people.

What appears to be anger at religious symbols may in reality be God allowing you to see that the symbols are creating an open door to the demonic realm.

A few days ago I researched this same subject and after reading your thread I just now remembered that I still had these quotes saved in an open text file:

Any item used for protection from demonic forces is of the occult, even if it's a crucifix or other religious item such as a St. Christopher medal. When I told this to an harassment victim I worked with and advised her to dispose of the crucifix she'd been using for protection, demonic spirits manifested by surrounding the crucifix with an electrical charge so she couldn't pick it up. When the spirits causing the electric charge were cast away, the woman was able to pick the crucifix up and dispose of it.

I worked with an harassment victim whose fiancé had hung the Eye of Horus over their front door for protection. When she climbed on a chair to try to take it down, the demonic spirits attached to it tried to knock her off the chair.

I worked with an harassment victim whose father-in-law had a valuable Kachina doll collection. The harassing spirits didn't leave this woman alone until the collection of dolls was moved to the father-in-law's room, and the spirits attached to the dolls were bound in Jesus' name from harassing her from that remote location..

I've worked with literally hundreds of harassment victims, helping them to identify the things in their lives that have opened the doors to the demonic. In every case -- without exception -- demonic spirits have manifested in association with anything for which a power had been assigned.

www.staciespielman.com...

Q: Can demons actually possess dolls and statues?

A: Although demons do not technically "possess" inanimate objects such as dolls and statues, they will sometimes attach or link themselves to certain objects. Although there are a variety of reasons for this, the most obvious cause would be if a doll or a statue has been "personified," or given recognition as an object of profane worship, or used in a ceremonial practice in which demonic entities were invoked. (Two Scriptural references which specifically refer to this as the worship
of idols are: 1) Revelation 9:20, and 2) 1 Corinthians 10:20.)

Incidentally, demonic attachments to inanimate objects are not limited to dolls and statues. In fact, I once knew someone who, as a young boy of about five years old, picked up a glove which had been left in a cemetery...and a demonic entity instantly began harassing him! The vehicle in which screen idol Jimmy Dean was killed in is another example. Also, it almost goes without saying that the most common inanimate object to which a demonic entity will attach itself is the
infamous Ouija board.

Another cause of demonic entities having attached themselves to inanimate objects such as dolls or statues, is if someone who was demon possessed or severely oppressed, has owned or venerated this particular object. Of course, there is no reason to go through your house searching out every inanimate object which you've ever felt slightly unnerved about. However, if you do seriously feel there is something unnatural about an object in your possession...be it a doll, statue, Ouija board or what have you...it might just be a good idea to look up the history of this object, if possible. hauntanalyst.com...

SRA victims must be regularly re-brainwashed and abused in order to keep them in place. Sometimes they escape but they are invariably found quickly because of homing devices called 'implants' which satanists place inside their victims. These are usually small pieces of metal to which demons have been attached, the demons acting as a kind of psychic radio transmitter to other satanists which similar devices. Satan's goal is to ultimately get everyone to have these inserts, believed by many to be the demonised chip which has already been designed to be inserted under the skin of the hand or forehead so that all financial transations can be controlled and every human monitored, mentally controlled and, when necessary, be punished for getting out of line. www.nccg.org...

Another illustration that might help you:

What happened when Jesus prayed?

Satan all of sudden appeared and started tempting him...

Why?

To STOP him from praying.

Another way you can make the devil mad is by being more ardent in prayer than you’ve ever been before. A person of prayer will be the kind of person whom the devil wants to attack. The devil does not want us to be men and women of prayer. It often has been said that “prayer moves the Hand that moves the world.” In 1 Thessalonians 5:17 Christians are told to “pray without ceasing.” Oftentimes, however, the devil interferes with our prayer life. How to Make the Devil Mad

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   

This is a very interesting post! I have had the same sorts of suspicions.

In my experience, when I tried Feng Sui and moved my bed, I had a black shadow (demon?) trying to crush me to death one night, but when I said in my distress, 'God, my Father', it immediately left me and disappeared down the side of the bed that was up against the wall.

Another time, I also had a sing-song voice saying in my head, 'Jesus is accursed, Jesus is accursed', over and over again. I used the time honoured method of 'rebuking it in the name of Jesus', but it didn't stop. So I shrugged my shoulders and said - out loud (I was at work at the time) - "OK, God, what is going on here?".

A voice from outside of my head then said, clearly, calmly, and without emphasis, "The name of My son is not Jesus". Wow! I was gobsmacked - but as soon as I could, I checked in a very good dictionary, and found that Jesus is not the original name given to His Son!

Yeshua (in Hebrew) is the original name! It means 'God saves'.

Unwittingly, I saw later that I had fulfilled a prophecy in John 6:45; which I am sure many others will too. It makes you realize that while so many men are evangelizing 'Jesus' - it takes God Himself to lead you to His Son!

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

All spirits - evil or otherwise - were, at one time, material humans, whether Homo Sapiens or some other species of human, born and alive on some other planet. Mediums from this planet incorrectly perceive these afterlife human beings as inhuman due to the fact that they did not originate from a Homo Sapiens brain, but that doesn't mean that they are inhuman or that they were never corporeal beings before becoming "spiritual". There are no such things as demons or angels. Just human beings from different origins that exist within the same "afterlife" realm once their brains and bodies have died.

What's also true is that regardless of how "enlightened" a person believes he/she is, what that person believes to be true - once that person has left the brain and body behind - will be true for that person. If they believe that religious symbols or artifacts possess power, then those specific religious symbols and artifacts will possess power over them. The human afterlife is 100% perception-as-reality, which can be great or it can be terrifying, or even just one confusing delusion on the heels of the last confusing delusion.

For many folks, heavens and hells do exist because those folks expect them to exist. For others, the afterlife is stuffed full of other expectations. The biggest and most destructive lie ever is that this Material Realm is illusion, and that the afterlife realm is the true objective reality. It's just not true, and the existence of so many differing and contradictory means of "managing" cross-realm incursions (from Native American smudging rituals to Catholic Exorcisms) is strong evidence that spiritual power is a subjective quantity, whereas a baseball bat hits just as hard no matter what a person believes about the material structure and/or impact physics of a swung bat against the side of a human head. That one comparison should be enough to prove my point, but as we all know, there will always be an argument that seeks to allow that egregious myth to persist and entrap people as they transition for this side to that side.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join