It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three American friends hospitalised after becoming 'possessed' following Ouija board game in Mexic

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Hi.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Alexandra Huerta, 22, reportedly playing with Ouija board in Mexican village joined by her brother Sergio, 23, and 18-year-old cousin Fernando Cuevas.

But minutes into game, trio apparently started acting in a 'trance-like state'

The players were taken to hospital, where they were treated with painkillers.

I don't know if they were 'possessed' or on drugs or what happened but I find it odd the treatment used was painkillers and eye drops.

Alexandra Huerta, 22, was playing the game with her brother Sergio, 23, and 18-year-old cousin Fernando Cuevas at a house in the village of San Juan Tlacotenco in south-west Mexico.But minutes into it, she apparently started 'growling' and thrashing around in a 'trance-like' state.

Apparently they were taken to a local hospital.

They restrained Alexandra to prevent her from hurting herself, before treating the three with painkillers, anti-stress medication and eye drops, which seemingly worked. Victor Demesa, 46, the director of public safety in the nearby town of Tepoztlan, said: 'The medical rescue of these three young people was very complicated.'

He added that whether the trio were really possessed, or had simply convinced themselves that they were, was not for doctors to comment on.

Mainstream religions and some occultists have associated use of a Ouija board with the concept of demonic possession, and have cautioned their followers not to use one.

So what do you guys think? Was it just a few kids who convinced themselves they were possessed? Were they maybe using drugs and had a bad reaction or is there something more to what happened?

It sounds as if they're okay for which I'm grateful maybe they learned their lesson.

edit on 23-6-2014 by minusinfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
If I sit five people (four test subjects and one paid actor) in a room and feed all of them sugar pills, then have the actor pretend that he's experiencing an itchy sensation and developing a temperature, all four of the others are likely to experience the same "symptoms". Even though all they took was a placebo and tap water.

edit on 23-6-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: minusinfinity

I have never touched those things, and never will. (Quija boards)

I don't know if they were truly possessed or not, but don't they usually call in a Catholic priest to perform an exorcism in these kind of scenarios?

I never knew you could treat possession with pain killers , wow I guess that stuff works on everything now.

My guess is that if they would have been possessed, they wouldn't have been brought to a hospital.
I'm guessing they took something that put them in a trance.

Even though I am a believer in the paranormal, and have had my fair share of experiences, this does not shout 'paranormal' to me.

Also the fact that they were fine once the painkillers and eye drops were administered.

Nevertheless, no one should mess around with Quija boards.

edit on 23/6/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

I never knew you could treat possession with pain killers , wow I guess that stuff works on everything now.

Hahahaha! That's what I was going to say. No these kids were not possessed!

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Great minds think alike dear Night Star.

I'm for sure no expert but I have seen/read enough to know this was something else.
Probably induced by something they took.
Unless of course possession has become so frequent in Mexico, they are treating it like a common cold.

edit on 23/6/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

I would love to play with a Ouija board. Sometimes the best lessons are the ones hardest learned, and I've never been known for learning anything the easy way!

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity
Oh,dear AI

I'd say be my guest, go ahead learn it the hard way, but I like your posts way too much....

I've read enough stories related to Quija boards to scare me away.
Even if they can't be proven, I'll be rather safe than sorry.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rainbowresidue
a reply to: AfterInfinity
Oh,dear AI

I'd say be my guest, go ahead learn it the hard way, but I like your posts way too much....

I've read enough stories related to Quija boards to scare me away.
Even if they can't be proven, I'll be rather safe than sorry.

Maybe I'll pray to Jesus and he'll save me and I'll become a believer.

edit on 23-6-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity I would never do that but it is just as effective to make one yourself than to but one. It is just a matter of putting the alphabet on a board and using something as a pointer. You would have more fun getting a spirit box from ebay. I warn you though that you may get what you asked for if you dig deep enough.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I would never do that but it is just as effective to make one yourself than to but one. It is just a matter of putting the alphabet on a board and using something as a pointer. You would have more fun getting a spirit box from ebay. I warn you though that you may get what you asked for if you dig deep enough.

Good. I might actually get somewhere in my private investigation.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I find it odd that they were treated with pain killers...and they worked! What the heck? Howndompainkillersncure "possession?"

Ouija boards are just game boards, I don't buy the story. They probably took "something."

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Well..."possession" being a result of something or action....and not per-se a physical impairment, although it can be...I dont see HOW painklilers are indicated for this. Even if they were possessed..the 1st thing would be to give them some type of sedative or tranquilizer to bring them down to an even keel.

It wouldnt make sense to give painkillers without "bringing them down" some...to aleviate symptoms. Then, if warranted, give them.
To me...its sounds like they may have been looking for a way to get them. But I dont have all the facts either to make that medical/psychiatric assessment, but am wondering about blood tests for all of them to see if they were already under the influence. Perhaps I missed that....

MS
Advanced Life Support
EMT

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I can see all the painkiller junkies now showing up at emergency rooms acting like they're possessed!!

I would like to hear the doc's reason for treating with pain killers and eye drops. That would help me determine where I am on this.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
damn!! you got to post it before me, i love ouija board stories, i know for some it may not be lovely though. i know a group of lads 20 something years ago that thought it would be funny to do a board while drunk, in the end the laugh was on them. i had a friend thats done it for 40 years, had a few threats but nothing serious. i've got a board but for the life of me have never got one to work.

has anyone ever had anything come true?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: slippeddisc

don't know what you mean by come true?

I had an experience in my youth
with a board I created ...
not gonna share here so as not to side track the thread

On Topic
I don't understand giving them painkillers
unless they jumped out a window and broke bones

I would suggest
destroying the board
and then see what happens

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Everyone thinks the oujia board is some Parker brothers board game, like Monopoly or Scrabble. But it's not, the Oujia board also know as the spirit board, is a form of Automatic writing or planchette writing, which folks have been using for thousands of years to talk to the other side. Instead of having the user write out the message from the other side like with automatic writing, the spirits control you and you move the little planchette to spell out what they want to say. I've heard of folks using planchette, pencil/pen, crystals,trinkets, etc.

Frankly, It's not the Board itself that is paranormal, it's the act of summoning and calling anything from the other veil that makes it paranormal. The act of using yourself to be possessed and the board acts like medium for them to come from the other side. It's like fishing in a big lake , yea you might get some small fishes that seem harmless, but once in awhile something big/dark/evil is lurking on the other side waiting to trick you, into letting it through.

This so called evil lurking on the other side of the veil will say/lie/do whatever it takes for you to get it to trust it and accept it. Once you're defenses are down that's when things will go bad.

en.wikipedia.org...

When they did this experiment, whatever was on the other side of veil, pretended to be whatever they wanted. Classic demonic influence. Let this news story be a warning to folks, spiritual warfare is real.

Good find by the way OP.

edit on 23-6-2014 by Nemox42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2014 by Nemox42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I used to have a board pretty much all through my childhood. I heard too many scary stories to actually ever try it though. I may have tried it once or twice, I don't remember so obviously nothing bad happened. Funny thing is that I have tried to throw it away a bunch of times and it kept showing back up. It finally just disappeared out of the blue, which I'm sure was simply theft. I never suspected anything sinister about the board itself reappearing, I've tried throwing any variety of things away and they still manage to get untossed.

I personally don't want to be the guy who's always opening the gates to hell so I won't dabble or endorse it. I have enough problems the way it is. I really enjoy the stories though.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Ahh, ouija boards. The quintessential BS board game. Most teenagers have seen it whipped out at parties or sleepovers, and everyone has a good time either spooking each other deliberately, or getting bored with nothing happening. I had one at a sleepover we held, and even had my mother help artistically decorate it for kicks (she's a far superior artist than I, always has been) We had fun with subtly spooking the wussies who stayed overnight, though nothing real ever came of it. In hindsight, my mom did a great job, it turned out to be a beautiful tea-stained piece of art, and i wish I'd kept it.

The idea of a spooky toy is always fun, even though we know it's not real. Haunted houses at Halloween are on the same level, IMO. We as a species like a little harmless fear, it's fun for us. No painted up ghastly ghoul is ever going to drawn a real one, nor is stupid teenage questions asked of numbers, the alphabet, yes & no markings.
edit on 6/23/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: spoonbender

i meant if the board has predicted anything thats come true.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Odd little story, that one.....

'They spoke of feeling numbness, double vision, blindness, deafness, hallucinations, muscle spasm and difficulty swallowing.'

I suppose the other two, the young men there, reported those symptoms? From what I can see, she only growled and laughed.

They restrained Alexandra to prevent her from hurting herself, before treating the three with painkillers, anti-stress medication and eye drops, which seemingly worked. Victor Demesa, 46, the director of public safety in the nearby town of Tepoztlan, said: 'The medical rescue of these three young people was very complicated.

Well, eye drops for vision, sure, but for reported blindness and hallucinations? Seems a bit weird. Anti-stress meds (tranquilizers??) make some sense, but why painkillers? The muscle spasms? Nothing about what was done seems overly complicated, though, so the fellow's comment makes no sense to me.

Alexandra's parents said they had called paramedics after a local Catholic priest refused to perform an exorcism on the three because they were not regular churchgoers.

Now that bugs me a bit. The church there won't help with possible demonic possession unless they attend regularly? I guess outreach isn't important to them.

Not sure what I think of what happened. This could easily be faked, by the three, for whatever reason. Could be other causes as well. Then again, could be real. Those boards are open invitations to trouble.

<<   2  3 >>

join