It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has happened to our country?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
This thread wasn't intended to be a rant, but it definitely sounded that way as I read it before posting, so I moved it.

In perusing some articles this morning, it occurred to me what our society is turning into when it comes to "P.C." issues (race, religion, politics, etc.).

Joe Walsh is kicked off the air for having a race discussion.

The Washington REDSKINS (gasp, I said it) have a team name that everyone (if you ask those with the cameras pointed at them) wants changed.

Anyone that questions the actions of the President is a racist.

Any black person that happens to hold conservative views is derided as an Uncle 'T' (not sure if I can say it here).

If you're a Christian, you're open for outright discrimination, but if you're against Christianity, you're free to attack it with reckless abandon.

If you don't trust the government, you're an extremist, or worse.

This is how I view the world that we currently live in.

Say one thing that is frowned upon, and everyone turns into the creature depicted in the video above.

I find it disgusting.

Forty years ago, Saturday Night Live, and All in the Family were using racial slurs on air to spark the discussion, now we can't even say REDSKINS without being labeled racist.

Yeah, we've really advanced and become so enlightened, haven't we?

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
This is what happens when we allow a bunch of idiotic bobble heads on the television to tell us how to feel and what to think, combined with an educational system that teaches children not to think, but to memorize and regurgitate whatever they're told.

Racism and religious division are the tools of the elite to keep us at each other's throats, and to keep our minds off the criminal acts they are doing to the 99% on this planet.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

It's really sad. This is definitely not a new discovery for me, but the 'news' today really gave me the old 'slap across the face' during my wake-up routine.

Imagine how bad things are going to get, if they're like this now...

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
The answer you seek is found in a single word yet is perceived by most in very different ways, resulting in the conflict and chaos our species has a habit of repeating. That word, CONTROL.

Understand control and you will see humanity in an entire new light....

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
It just take's 1 pussy out of 10,000 to bitch and whine to ruin everything.

The slightest little thing and theres always 1 who pulls the racist or sexist card, I don't know if you ever saw that Christmas episode of South Park where 1 by 1 everything was banned because someone was offended by somthing untill thay all just sat in silence looking blankly all in plain clothes.

This episode is becoming a reality.

While we are at it why not change The All Blacks rugby team to All Peoples and Man United football team to Person United.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: NeoSpace

That episode is one of my all-time favorites.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

Well lets have a discussion about this, it all seems very cut and dry to me.

The true extremists are the libs.

First they were the KKK, their president bragged about tricking all these n.ggers into voting dem for the next 100 years.

Did you know most black people dont even know Jim Crow was a dem, they honestly believe the lie he was a repub, without question. Ask one about it.

The left hold all the extremist views, and tell you that your a bigot racist homophobe etc if you disagree, and hold the NORMAL( yes that is right dems, it is normal to want to live a straight religious life where family and freedom matter much more than your extremist views. Which BTW are abnormal, as in they deviate from the majority view, thus they are not normal views!) view of family and freedom.

They invaded and placed their people into the highest levels of many areas, always guaranteeing they can look over everyone that doesnt hold their views.

Now that they have achieved critical mass, they do what they do best. Tptally ignore all laws they dont like, and demand absolute obedience to those they do agree with even when they arent laws, they dont care they enforce them just like they were.

There is a sickness in their minds, where they dont see the world in a rational sense.

Where normal folks see millions potentially losing their jobs and livelyhoods because of a idiotic attempt at fullfilling their commy goals(which have already failed in every single case they have tried it, yet they are too blind to you know, say well that didnt work like we wanted maybe it wasnt such a good idea, no they try even harder and make it fail even worse.)They see people freed from having to work thanks to Obama care, totally ignoring the fact, they cant lose the one job, they now have to keep it and get another to pay for care that is factors more expensive than before they "fixed" things.

Now, we will really address the meat and potatoes of their mental problems. Why is it that those who think the ends justify the means, think those that believe in following the rules are the extremists?

Eric Holder illegally sold guns to the mexican cartels, so they could create a gun problem that didnt even exist, so they can use this gun problem to justify taking even more of our rights?

They allow voter intimidation(new black panthers, and this is without question, it is on tape), yet cry foul of laws that demand you show ID to vote, in my home state of Indiana they tried all this saying it put an unfair burden on poor minorities, so they made it absolutely free to get a state ID in Indiana. Was this enough for them? Absolutely not.Because they want voter fraud, they even truck people from one poll to another to let them vote multiple times, they register and vote daffy duck and mickey mouse...etc

If any single problem can be pointed to for the root cause of most of this countries woes it is the dems.

The repubs are the rest of them, but in much smaller scale, and must smaller impact.

Flame away dems, I will make you look stupid, every single thing I said here is absolutely true, and I didnt even use most of the ammo at my disposal.

Go ahead, lets have this conversation, I want some answers as to why your POS...er um I mean POTUS, can change and break established laws at will, a power he was not given, and you guys got his back, yet let bush or any repub barely even bend a law, and you act like they nuked an orphanage.

You are the problem....either follow the rules, demand your dem buddies and leaders do the same, or all us nondems with all the guns may start to just make the laws up as we go along as well......oh but we would just be evil if we did that right, because your idiotic ends are the only thing that matters, even though your imagined world cant and wont ever exist, because it isnt possible, your model doesnt work, and no matter how hard you hammer the square peg, it isnt going to fit in the round hole.

End rant

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos
a reply to: FissionSurplus

It's really sad. This is definitely not a new discovery for me, but the 'news' today really gave me the old 'slap across the face' during my wake-up routine.

Imagine how bad things are going to get, if they're like this now...

Considering things have only gotten better, I don't know what y'all mean?

There are less wars then ever, less rape then ever, better medicine, longer lives, less disease, less child abuse, less crime, less slavery..... Less everything bad.

Now I'm not saying things are perfect but actually take a look at history!

The Romans used to put every man woman and child in a whole city to death.

No one can imagine the horrors of slavery.

We married 13 year old girls to 20+ year old men........in churches. Definatly child molestation.

Didn't teach women to read.

It was completely acceptable to beat your wife.

Was completely acceptable to rape the women in war.

Didn't used to have plumbing or electricity.

Information was hoarded by churches.

Now we have real hospitals...

40 was the average life span.

House fires were worse.

Horses were only form of transportation.

Can't imagaine how many people cell phones have saved...

Per population the world has only improved....EVER!

Well except for the environment, that's way worse. But civilization is better then ever.
edit on 21-6-2014 by ArtemisE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: oblvion

First they were the KKK, their president bragged about tricking all these n.ggers into voting dem for the next 100 years.

Did you know most black people dont even know Jim Crow was a dem, they honestly believe the lie he was a repub, without question. Ask one about it.

The left hold all the extremist views, and tell you that your a bigot racist homophobe etc if you disagree, and hold the NORMAL( yes that is right dems, it is normal to want to live a straight religious life where family and freedom matter much more than your extremist views. Which BTW are abnormal, as in they deviate from the majority view, thus they are not normal views!) view of family and freedom.

They invaded and placed their people into the highest levels of many areas, always guaranteeing they can look over everyone that doesnt hold their views.

Now that they have achieved critical mass, they do what they do best. Tptally ignore all laws they dont like, and demand absolute obedience to those they do agree with even when they arent laws, they dont care they enforce them just like they were.

There is a sickness in their minds, where they dont see the world in a rational sense.

Where normal folks see millions potentially losing their jobs and livelyhoods because of a idiotic attempt at fullfilling their commy goals(which have already failed in every single case they have tried it, yet they are too blind to you know, say well that didnt work like we wanted maybe it wasnt such a good idea, no they try even harder and make it fail even worse.)They see people freed from having to work thanks to Obama care, totally ignoring the fact, they cant lose the one job, they now have to keep it and get another to pay for care that is factors more expensive than before they "fixed" things.

Now, we will really address the meat and potatoes of their mental problems. Why is it that those who think the ends justify the means, think those that believe in following the rules are the extremists?

Eric Holder illegally sold guns to the mexican cartels, so they could create a gun problem that didnt even exist, so they can use this gun problem to justify taking even more of our rights?

They allow voter intimidation(new black panthers, and this is without question, it is on tape), yet cry foul of laws that demand you show ID to vote, in my home state of Indiana they tried all this saying it put an unfair burden on poor minorities, so they made it absolutely free to get a state ID in Indiana. Was this enough for them? Absolutely not.Because they want voter fraud, they even truck people from one poll to another to let them vote multiple times, they register and vote daffy duck and mickey mouse...etc

If any single problem can be pointed to for the root cause of most of this countries woes it is the dems.

The repubs are the rest of them, but in much smaller scale, and must smaller impact.

Flame away dems, I will make you look stupid, every single thing I said here is absolutely true, and I didnt even use most of the ammo at my disposal.

Go ahead, lets have this conversation, I want some answers as to why your POS...er um I mean POTUS, can change and break established laws at will, a power he was not given, and you guys got his back, yet let bush or any repub barely even bend a law, and you act like they nuked an orphanage.

You are the problem....either follow the rules, demand your dem buddies and leaders do the same, or all us nondems with all the guns may start to just make the laws up as we go along as well......oh but we would just be evil if we did that right, because your idiotic ends are the only thing that matters, even though your imagined world cant and wont ever exist, because it isnt possible, your model doesnt work, and no matter how hard you hammer the square peg, it isnt going to fit in the round hole.

End rant

This is seriously the most uninformed or flat out dishonest rant I've seen in awhile....you are a bad Fox News clip...

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Only to right wing yahoos is Uncle Tom the same as the N word. Y'all are ridiculous..... It really is funny.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Blame the Courts and the Lawyers who are run by the same people running the Military Industrial Complex Globally.

Civil unrest is ALWAYS an act of agression that those who are victims do not recognise as such.

The 1960s destroyed the Fabric of America,Canada,England, much or the world,actions Catalysed in America and propogated by the media rang around the world.The Nuclear Family was attacked ,Societal values were attacked and it was organised.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

Care to elaborate?

I do not watch fox news at all, I never have, I did watch CNN and MSN for a while but they got too retarded. They drifted so far from reality, even their true believers cant stand to watch them, hence their failing ratings, that seem to plummet further every single quarter.

Plz, enlighten me to a single thing I stated that is not a fact, just name one.

The only one that cant be proven, is fast a furious, and that is because just like the "missing emails" the president and his cronies covered it up, and their fellow dems in the senate will not under and circumstances allow it to be uncovered. Hence obama saying the requisite evidence for fast and furious was covered under "executive privilege" even though by the law it isnt, but then the law doesnt matter to them does it.

Plz Sir, inform me, I am waiting with open ears.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

You did not answer to anything in the OP, just a bunch of liberal Marxist misdirection.

Its always good to see people like you (mostly in cubicles ) keep us informed of who you really are...no one can do it better then a true liberal quoting right out of the Alinsky talking points manual .

To stay on post what you have described all started with political correctness and no one pushed back, it only took 24% of the population to do this to America...kind of makes the rest of us look a little foolish...especially after electing Obama, twice.

edit on 21-6-2014 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE

Only to right wing yahoos is Uncle Tom the same as the N word. Y'all are ridiculous..... It really is funny.

Um uncle ton is a slanderous word against blacks, how is that not the same? It is racially based and derogatory.

Nword is a slanderous term against blacks, it is racially based and derogatory.

What was the difference again?

Oh thats right, only a dem can decide what is and isnt allowed to be thought and or said.......thanks for clearing that up.

Still waiting on you to show where a single word I said isnt true, it is taking you a long time, you know the truth is easy and comes quickly, lies on the other hand, they take time to craft correctly.

Common, I am already to go with the next round, your still in the car outside the stadium here.

Dont throw out accusations you cant back up brother, either put up or shut up.

edit on 2014bSaturdayv1120146 by oblvion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

The Libs weren't the KKK... The civil rights movement was fought IN the democrat party. With the southern democrats being the anti civil rights side while the liberal northern democrats were your hard core pro civil rights side. The GOP was for it, just kinda hung back and watched the fight. The northern democrats won which infuriated the southern dems causing the south to swap parties, as well as the hard core anti civil rights dems like strom Thurman. The GOP didn't become racist, the racists joined the GOP. The south had voted dem in every presidential election for decades before the civil rights act. The very next election the south went Rep. and hAs been red since.

Invaded? As in won elections?

So the gun problem started in 2009? So all the killings in Mexico started then? Or all the murder and accidental gun deaths in America started in 09? I'm confused? :p lmao

voter registration fraud, isn't voter fraud. Both sides pay per registration to poor people they hire to register people. So some people go home and make up fake registrations then turn them in for the money.... Guess who never shows up to vote????? Daffy Duck that's who. Lmao! In bush's second term the voter ID push started. He formed a commity and told them to find cases of voter fraud to make the point we needed voter ID. Out of 300 million votes cast, they found 5 cases of fraudulent voting and like 3 of those were voting for republicans.

if Obama broke any real laws the GOP would impeach him instantly. The only way he even kinda broke a law is not notifying congress before the bergdahl trade. Maybe fox is secretly In Obamas pocket and covering everything up!! Lmao again

End rant

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

The Libs weren't the KKK... The civil rights movement was fought IN the democrat party. With the southern democrats being the anti civil rights side while the liberal northern democrats were your hard core pro civil rights side. The GOP was for it, just kinda hung back and watched the fight. The northern democrats won which infuriated the southern dems causing the south to swap parties, as well as the hard core anti civil rights dems like strom Thurman. The GOP didn't become racist, the racists joined the GOP. The south had voted dem in every presidential election for decades before the civil rights act. The very next election the south went Rep. and hAs been red since.

So the gun problem started in 2009? So all the killings in Mexico started then? Or all the murder and accidental gun deaths in America started in 09? I'm confused? :p lmao

voter registration fraud, isn't voter fraud. Both sides pay per registration to poor people they hire to register people. So some people go home and make up fake registrations then turn them in for the money.... Guess who never shows up to vote????? Daffy Duck that's who. Lmao! In bush's second term the voter ID push started. He formed a commity and told them to find cases of voter fraud to make the point we needed voter ID. Out of 300 million votes cast, they found 5 cases of fraudulent voting and like 3 of those were voting for republicans.

if Obama broke any real laws the GOP would impeach him instantly. The only way he even kinda broke a law is not notifying congress before the bergdahl trade. Maybe fox is secretly In Obamas pocket and covering everything up!! Lmao again

End rant

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

End rant

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

And nothing.....thanks for proving my point for me.

You have nothing, everything I said is true, I can give you hundreds of links if you want, should only take about 10 mins tops honestly, this is all very well documented.

Cmon hit back with somthing worth my time, I have much much much more, I saved a lot of the best stuff for last, we arent even through the first round yet and your done? really?

Well, you know if I held a belief system, I would at least be able to give good reason why.

I certainly would not blindly follow an obvious criminal cabal of terrorists and extremists.

Go ahead and ask plz ask, I want to tell you who and how, just ask me plz.

I think you no nothing of the dems true history, I do, I will give it to you, just ask cmon.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The Libs weren't the KKK... The civil rights movement was fought IN the democrat party. With the southern democrats being the anti civil rights side while the liberal northern democrats were your hard core pro civil rights side. The GOP was for it, just kinda hung back and watched the fight. The northern democrats won which infuriated the southern dems causing the south to swap parties, as well as the hard core anti civil rights dems like strom Thurman. The GOP didn't become racist, the racists joined the GOP. The south had voted dem in every presidential election for decades before the civil rights act. The very next election the south went Rep. and hAs been red ever since.

voter registration fraud, isn't voter fraud. Both sides pay per registration to poor people they hire to register people. So some people go home and make up fake registrations then turn them in for the money.... Guess who never shows up to vote????? Daffy Duck that's who. Lmao! In bush's second term the voter ID push started. He formed a commity and told them to find cases of voter fraud to make the point we needed voter ID. Out of 300 million votes cast, they found 5 cases of fraudulent voting and like 3 of those were republicans.

if Obama broke any real laws the GOP would impeach him instantly. The only way he even kinda broke a law is not notifying congress before the bergdahl trade. Maybe fox is secretly In Obamas pocket and covering everything up!! Lmao

I had it all quoted out, but it didn't work... Or I screwed it up.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

And nothing.....thanks for proving my point for me.

You have nothing, everything I said is true, I can give you hundreds of links if you want, should only take about 10 mins tops honestly, this is all very well documented.

Cmon hit back with somthing worth my time, I have much much much more, I saved a lot of the best stuff for last, we arent even through the first round yet and your done? really?

Well, you know if I held a belief system, I would at least be able to give good reason why.

I certainly would not blindly follow an obvious criminal cabal of terrorists and extremists.

Go ahead and ask plz ask, I want to tell you who and how, just ask me plz.

I think you no nothing of the dems true history, I do, I will give it to you, just ask cmon.

Hehe jump the gun much?

The only place the garbage your spouting is very well documented is beforeitsnews..... The most bs site on the net!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join