It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zbigniew Brzezinski: American population is ignorant and obsessed with sports and reality tv

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: twfau

I agree. While there are plenty of dumb people in the world who don't try to learn the truth even given the chance, the majority of the population have to work 50-60 hour weeks to get by. After that they get home and need to do laundry, cook food, do the dishes, mow the lawn, help the kids with homework etc...

Also, people just need to enjoy life sometimes. While I don't like facebook, or reality shows, I don't think there is anything wrong with sports. I played them all growing up, and they taught me very important life lessons.

There is a lot of misinformation out there as well. I mean just look at the MSM. How do they expect the public to be well informed when they don't provide any relevant information?

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

And the people he works for are obsessed with WMD’s, death, destruction, power, lust, greed, opulent wealth, other peoples land, rape, pillage, lying, and other virtues

With that what could one expect the country to be doing?

edit on 18-6-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

He ought to know.

He and his current and former globalist colleagues have been busy diligently for more than 60 years to make it exactly so.

What a traitorous, disingenuous, arrogant, stooge of hell.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Just the way he/they like it isn't it?

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

ETA ... I notice he didn't say how the countries in Persia and the Middle East are obsessed with religion. Guess America is a soft and easy target for him. If he was honest, he'd hit them up for being obsessed with deadly religious extremism.

Not to mention their fanatical obsessions with Soccer.

Many people literally *Die* for soccer.

Wild game.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Some interesting Brzezinski/Obama connections.....

Any lingering doubts about Obama's status as an abject puppet of Zbigniew Brzezinski and the Rockefeller Trilateral Commission ended this morning when the withered mummy of imperialism himself appeared on MSNBC's Morning Joe* to campaign for Obama, urged on by his own moronic daughter, Mika Brzezinski, an Obama groupie and sycophant.
Zbigniew, a low-level Polish aristocrat whose life has been devoted to hatred for Russia, lauded Obama for his 2002 speech opposing the Iraq war, saying that he himself was the source of Obama's arguments back then - thus confirming Obama's long-term status as his puppet, which probably began in 1981-1983, when Obama was a student at Columbia University, and Zbig was directing the anti-Russian institute.

Confirmed - Obama Is Zbigniew Brzezinski Puppet

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuhail
He's right. For the most part. I mean he's lumping all of America into it and America still has individuals who don't follow his broad-reaching accusation...but, he's right.
Sad.

Cuhail

no he isn't right....some people are, but the vast majority are not idiots. because people have other interests, or are working hard, or are concentrating on some other noble cause or specificity, other than geo-politics, does not make them idiots.....geez, I wish he would go away and play with his grandkids, he loses all credibility when he says crap like this.
edit on 18-6-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrJohnSmith
Bang on ! Mr.Brzezinski ! His thoughts apply equally to the U.K. too....

Keep people " Doped up " and " Dumbed down " and occupied with trashy reality t.v ; celebrity lifestyles, and the big BUSINESS known as " Sports " programming, with the left hand, whilst the right hand is immersed in darker deeds....

This way, the powers that be discourage peoples independent, questioning, thinking skills, in favour of rampant fecklessness, narcissism, lack of moral compass, personal integrity and self discipline....meanwhile, the rich individuals and businesses get richer out of it.

Anyway, the sheep seem happy with their lot, so let's not disturb them !

We are living in an " Anything goes " society, and reaping the problems it brings with it. ( And I don't think we've seen anything yet.)

That's really a novel concept: of us being so backed off emotionally
we can't become violently self-destructive enough to get finished
off. That's really messed up, and their fault. Never thought of it
that way. They did such a good job on us we don't even know
enough to be angry as hell-- much less who to properly be mad at.

Occasionally one will strafe the cuckoo's boudoir like Dorner: or
from a Hollywood op-ed Mikey Douglas (nice crewcut kiddo, fantastic
script too) to bump the curve out; but we're basically comatose wide
open.

It must indeed be frustrating-- but this is what happens when you
toast people's brains with microwaves at pulse rates / duty cycles
that would make pure walnut shift knobs explode in an old Litton:
and dole off enough sodium fluoride slurry into the tap water to
make it taste like a popcorn fart laced with
"I Can't Believe It's Not Axle Grease!" Ok it's measure of hyperbolic,
but if I worked east of here in a dairy packaging plant this NWO
thing is undoubtedly a 'Country Crock' that's at the tipping point.

I have one distant relative (as I've said in many other threads)
whom invented the lobotomy. Taking a regular look around,
marvelous strides are being taken without tools or even the
miracles of chemistry. Baby.

I have not stood on the shoulders of titans, but after stumbling
through their footprints I took a lotta plaster casts.

My short take on it, he's just going back on the stump briefly to
apologize to TPTB for the "global awakening" blurb at the
Bilderbergers shindig...
meanwhile Ms Barry stuns on the carpet with that sparkly tight
grey thing and a nice snapped back baby bod... and take
consolation that nobody will EVER smile at you like that in real
time in and in the real world. Bread and Circuits, quote me.

Pass the Diet Choke-- do you have any degassed ice cubes?

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
there is a problem

something will happen...

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
There is nothing wrong with liking to watch sports. And as far as ignorant Americans go ... isn't he the father of that ditzoid Mika on MSNBC's Morning Joe??

ETA ... I notice he didn't say how the countries in Persia and the Middle East are obsessed with religion. Guess America is a soft and easy target for him. If he was honest, he'd hit them up for being obsessed with deadly religious extremism.

But it is always intriguing how young Middle-Eastern people – kids too – are far more aware and able to communicate (at often Western adult-level abilities) the social and political woes that surround them on a daily basis. And frankly the US is just as obsessed with religion as the Middle Eastern countries you talk about. The UK not so much but we are just as obsessed with junk TV, gossip magazines, Facebook updates etc.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

Hey at least he's honest.

An honest psychopath?

Seriously?

I don't THINK so.

"in earlier times, it was easier to control one million people than to physically kill one million people; today, it is infinitely easier to kill one million people than to control one million people." ~ Zbigniew Brzezinski

He's not a psychopath. He is a geostrategist.

But it seems so strange that so many Americans have such reactionary feelings about him when they are introduced to a real geostrategist.

Have you ever read his books? Have you ever read accounts of his involvement in 1980s Afghanistan?

People like Brzezinski are the frontline players in foreign policy. He may be on a different team than I, but that doesn't mean that I don't idolize him. He is a realist and has helped shape the realist world order out of the ideological order of the past. Now, global strategy is based on tangible concepts like resource geopolitics and climate change, not capitalism vs communism.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vovin
He's not a psychopath. He is a geostrategist. Have you ever read his books?

Considering the fact that this monster is the man behind the throne of Obama, I wouldn't trust him or his books as far as I could throw them.

Mr. Brzezinski is a sick man totally devoid of compassion and his vision of the future is sick and evil to its core.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

He's not a psychopath. He is a geostrategist. Have you ever read his books?

Considering the fact that this monster is the man behind the throne of Obama, I wouldn't trust him or his books as far as I could throw them.

Mr. Brzezinski is a sick man totally devoid of compassion and his vision of the future is sick and evil to its core.

Well if you've never studied his theories then what do you really know?

In fact, if you knew anything about him, you would know that he was shunned by the modern American State Department after the neo-conservative takeover around the year 2000. He was disgusted by American invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq because it completely buggered up his clandestine strategies, and he knew damn well what would happen since he only orchestrated the fall of the Soviets in Afghanistan single-handidly.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

It is, in all too many cases, all too true...

But, IMHO, it's not nearly as bad as some, Methuselah as an example, would have us believe.

It doesn't effect someones day to day life? They aren't going to sweat it. Or comment on it.

Too many people are obsessed with sports, I certainly am... But I'm also cognizant of world events.

I loathe reality TV. It's anything but...

My point is...?

This yutz is almost as out of touch with work a day America, as he accuses us of being. He really needs to buzz off.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

Is there a *NEW* generation of leadership in the house? Anywhere? Just...anywhere at all would do, within our nation anyway.

How about you then!! You seem to have plenty of ideas how things should be.

I would lend a hand but I'm to busy making money, working on reality shows, movies and TV programs. I have to make money to pay for my lavish lifestyle.... It's called capitalism!

edit on 19-6-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Some of you are lucky to run with a different crowd than the people I interact with on a regular basis. I see the same stuff he sees. It is literally almost impossible to hold a conversation with anyone without references to TV shows, sports or social media.
I don't have a TV so, No, I don't know what you're talking about when you reference TV shows or commercials.
I don't do social networks so I have no idea who twittered what or posted which on FaceSpace.
I do listen to the St. Louis Cardinals baseball on the radio so I can usually hold up my end of the conversation on that one.
I don't have a cell phone so that makes me even more weird---nobody can text me! I'm a cultural infidel. I still read a physical newspaper with my coffee and ciggie each morning. I still go to the bookstore and buy physical books and relax in my hammock and read them while sipping on a glass of lemonade I made from fresh lemons.
That's not to say that everyone with which I interact is a dolt. There are a select few who met for coffee at the local hangout and talk about how we could save the world if made Emperor or Empress for a day or two. We've even hatched a few plots on the local level and actually solved some issues. But those numbers are few while the bleating ones are many. It is really sad.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
Some of you are lucky to run with a different crowd than the people I interact with on a regular basis. I see the same stuff he sees. It is literally almost impossible to hold a conversation with anyone without references to TV shows, sports or social media.
I don't have a TV so, No, I don't know what you're talking about when you reference TV shows or commercials.
I don't do social networks so I have no idea who twittered what or posted which on FaceSpace.
I do listen to the St. Louis Cardinals baseball on the radio so I can usually hold up my end of the conversation on that one.
I don't have a cell phone so that makes me even more weird---nobody can text me! I'm a cultural infidel. I still read a physical newspaper with my coffee and ciggie each morning. I still go to the bookstore and buy physical books and relax in my hammock and read them while sipping on a glass of lemonade I made from fresh lemons.
That's not to say that everyone with which I interact is a dolt. There are a select few who met for coffee at the local hangout and talk about how we could save the world if made Emperor or Empress for a day or two. We've even hatched a few plots on the local level and actually solved some issues. But those numbers are few while the bleating ones are many. It is really sad.

In "The Grand Chessboard", Brzezinski describes the geopolitical strategy necessary for the USA to assert geopolitical hegemony over the world.

One of the more interesting points of the book (which from most of the responses here it's clear that few members have read), is where he writes about how culture is a necessary component of imperial control, in that an empire will assimilate people in its colonies into the culture of the homeland. He specifically describes American culture as "crass", but says that aspects like American movies and music and TV shows are very effective to the point where people are bootlegging copies of this media in the ghettos of the poorest regions of the world.

Let's put it like this: I'm a Canadian. Especially today, if I were to perhaps check out cable TV, 80% of it would be American productions. Then maybe 10% Canadian, then 5% British, then the rest would be from everywhere else.

Now look at the perspective of the common Canadian. Canadians know more about American media than Canadian media. And the Canadian media collapsed during the 90s with NAFTA.

This is why Canadians went insane on 9/11 and were so gung-ho to invade Afghanistan. Even now, any time I should happen to check cable TV, I look at our national/provincial/local news service and it's all crap about Miley Cyrus or Russian aggression or Obama. It's appalling.

But this is social control of the colonies by the empire. And this is what Brzezinski is referring to by "sports and TV", which is what Lenin referred to as the "opiate of the masses" a century ago.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: LarryLove
frankly the US is just as obsessed with religion as the Middle Eastern countries you talk about.

Not even close. We are a democratically-elected secular-law run nation, whereas the middle east is full of theocracies. We don't legally hang people in town squares for being homosexual. We don't legally condem pregnant women to 100 lashes and condemn them to death because they refuse to convert to Islam (or whatever religion you think America is obsessed with). We don't bar religious materials from coming in the country like Saudi Arabia bars non-Muslim materials (bibles, rosaries, etc). People aren't thrown in jail because they don't worship in an Islamic way ... or whatever religion you think America is obsessed with. My neighbors couldn't care less what church I go, or don't go, to. In the deep south you get nosey neighbors asking, but the rest of the country simply doesn't care.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Funny you should mention it....That is, ultimately, exactly what I'm going into 10's of thousands of dollars of education debt to do in life.

Who knows..you might just see my name on a ballot someday when I get the degree I'm in this for. Probably not tho.. I'm a 'working inn the shadows' kind of guy more than the one to stand out and bask in public attention.

What gave me this opportunity at 40yrs old isn't something to brag on tho. It's based in tragedy and loss, not a positive "I wanna try something new in life!"...so nothing is ever as simple as it looks in life. Never.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

He's not a psychopath. He is a geostrategist.

It's entirely possible to be both.
List of Psychopathy Traits
Some he has ... some I don't think so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join