It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How ISIS and other jihadists persuaded thousands of Westerners to fight their war of extremism

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
How ISIS and other jihadists persuaded thousands of Westerners to fight their war of extremism

www.washingtonpost.com...

The majority of fighters come from Arab countries, he wrote, but they also represent the European Union, the United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

I was shocked but then come to think of it, I and others have pointed out, how western some of these fighters looked in Syria.

This guy blew himself up, American citizen Moner Mohammad Abu-Salha

The interview, cited by the Christian Science Monitor and called ”surreal” by MSNBC’s Christopher Hayes, exposed one of the lesser-scrutinized aspects of ISIS’s march toward Baghdad. Challenging many Western stereotypes, the faces behind the masks of thousands of the jihadists fighting to overthrow the Iraqi and Syrian regimes are, in fact, Western.

edit on 083030p://bTuesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

American citizen Moner Mohammad Abu-Salha

citizen being the operative word here...

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

It is only a matter of time, the terrorist are already here, they WILL bring the fight here.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Your title is a bit missleading. These people at least most of them are immigrants they are pretty much devoted to their religious beliefs and religious leaders. Sure they have a western citizenship but their hearts are still in Middle East.

Finnish SUPO ( Finnish Security Intelligence Service) is concerned the threat radical islam brings

Terrorist threat assessment Finland is not a primary target for violent radical Islamist or other terrorist organisations. Thus, the direct threat of organised terrorism against Finland or its population remains low. However, the threat of violent acts perpetrated by radical Islamists without any external guidance has increased both in Finland and elsewhere in Europe. These acts may be committed by radicalised individuals or small groups operating fully independently with possible links to violent networks abroad. The number of persons taking part in armed activities in foreign conflicts ̶ particularly in Syria ̶ and returning back to Finland is growing. A hostile view towards the West, a possibly lowered threshold and individual reasons to use violence contribute to the increased threat. Because the threat has become more complex, assessing its level and targets has become more difficult. In Finland, there are targets representing other states and religious interests as well as international events under increased threat from terrorist organisations and radical individuals.

Link

And Press release pd f

Actually they believe there are more of these extremist in country and what we see is just a iceberg

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

It is only a matter of time, the terrorist are already here, they WILL bring the fight here.

I believe this. People are going to be shocked one day. Don't blame the people who have been questioning the lack of border security.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

I believe this. People are going to be shocked one day. Don't blame the people who have been questioning the lack of border security.

exactly

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

I wondered about that, how many were immigrants.

It's never going to end.

edit on 093030p://bTuesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Saudi Arabia funding buys the best propaganda videos in the world.
You will see a few "westeners" in their recent videos posted, including this one.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
bottom line...some national entities just don't mix and we shouldn't do it. They are almost violently opposed to each other on every possible level. From education, faith matters, political and economic systems.

We should all just stick to our own liking and let others be in theirs.

I always wondered...what drives a man to emigrate to a country he either hates or opposes on said levels. It never made sense to me. What makes him want to raise his children in a place so foreign and undesirable to him.

why does a man need to tell some other man how to live and what to believe. If the other man doesn't interfere with your life, why are you angry at him for being different. He didn't choose to be different. He was born into it. Like you were. Different from him. But the same.

I know...it's human nature. Conquer and subdue. Rule.

Until we evolve past this primitive behavior...we should just....stay away from each other.

If I were to emigrate permanently to say...Finland. I would take up a Finish name, something like.....Jari Litmanen perhaps...and I would shut my mouth and be thankful to those local people that have taken me into their community. Provided stability and a chance for a new beginning, to which I obviously would have escaped to...from whatever hellhole I came from.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
So...ISIS is actually the terrorist state of israel?
Because we know exactly why every country over there is on the block, except one "special" little country that is...
How handy is it that every one of their "enemies" is going through this.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: g146541

How handy is it that every one of their "enemies" is going through this

that's just a wild coincidence...

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

You forgot to mention that the bar graph in your OP is an estimation by the SOUFAN GROUP.

For those who are unaware who the Soufan Group are, or what they do...

HELPING OUR CLIENTS PROTECT WHAT MATTERS MOST - THEIR PEOPLE, ASSETS, AND REPUTATIONS.

soufangroup.com...

They are a for profit organization who offer many services, go ahead, take a look...reminds me of Blackwater attached to Western Propaganda outlets if you ask me:

Services: soufangroup.com...

I would not use this graph as a valid source as even the article admits that it is an estimate, and with operations out of the USA, Qatar, UK and other places that are well known for funding terrorism while muddying up the waters with deceptive propaganda this should be taken with a grain of salt.
edit on 6/17/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Which is why I agree that every one of these UK nationals returning "home" from their holiday of blood letting and brutality should be immediately arrested. At the risk of being politically incorrect, they probably only come back to sign on, have a bit of R&R and go back.

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Regards

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

No, I didn't know anything about that group

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Please forgive me if I misinterpreted your post, but are you implying that anyone who travels to that region is a "holiday of blood" loving Jihadist who should be arrested?

I know several Middle Eastern natives who have had to visit the area since the conflict began, and I can guarantee you that they are not the extremists which the OP mentions.

In fact, the OP has several things wrong with it IMO.

Mostly the title, I would have named it:

"How the CIA and their corrupt buddies persuaded thousands of Westerners to fight their war of extremism"

I don't doubt that there are a very small minority of religious extremists from around the world who are visiting these areas for "Jihad" but the numbers are grossly over-estimated and the OP fails to point out the well known fact that many of these people are just mercenaries that just happen to be Muslim who are accepting funds from Western powers and their allies.

Sadly some people refuse to believe that the West has a major hand in all of this but that is a whole other thread which has been covered various times.

They do it for the money, some are dumb enough to actually believe that they are serving their religion but those people are just plain crazy.
edit on 6/17/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

How ISIS and other jihadists persuaded thousands of Westerners to fight their war of extremism?

They use the same tactics as other cult leaders. Why does any cult leader get so many followers? Most of them are young people who can’t think for themselves.

As Salafi Muslims they are brainwashed to listen to the Imam in everything.
He speaks for their version of God. Fundamentalist…the worse kind of religious lunacy and dogmatic literalism...the worst kind of sect in Islam.

The Prophet ate with no fork so they eat with their bare hands.

I have known such types. You ask them. Why do you need an Imam to tell you how to live as a Muslim when all you have to do is read up on it yourself?

They have no answer

So with the sinister, older Salafi Imams and nutty, evil and ignorant Jihadists they utilize cult tactics that worked for people like Charles Manson, Jim Jones, Dave Quraish, some Gurus and many more cults that we have seen gather many followers sometimes in the thousands or even more.

They are brainwashed flunkies who will die and kill for their cult leaders.

They join because they need to be a part of something, a cause for God.

edit on 17-6-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

How ISIS and other jihadists persuaded thousands of Westerners to fight their war of extremism?

They use the same tactics as other cult leaders. Why does any cult leader get so many followers? Most of them are young people who can’t think for themselves.

As Salafi Muslims they are brainwashed to listen to the Imam in everything.
He speaks for their version of God. Fundamentalist…the worse kind of religious lunacy and dogmatic literalism...the worst kind of sect in Islam.

The Prophet ate with no fork so they eat with their bare hands.

I have known such types. You ask them. Why do you need an Imam to tell you how to live as a Muslim when all you have to do is read up on it yourself?

They have no answer

So with the sinister, older Salafi Imams and nutty, evil and ignorant Jihadists they utilize cult tactics that worked for people like Charles Manson, Jim Jones, Dave Quraish, some Gurus and many more cults that we have seen gather many followers sometimes in the thousands or even more.

They are brainwashed flunkies who will die and kill for their cult leaders.

They join because they need to be a part of something, a cause for God.

Sort of like the same as the US Marines>>>>>>?????
edit on 17-6-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Corruption Exposed
Please forgive me if I misinterpreted your post, but are you implying that anyone who travels to that region is a "holiday of blood" loving Jihadist who should be arrested?

Yes, if they pick up a gun or otherwise involve in the perpetuation of the misery.

Regards

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Those new muslims or some of the western muslims, They have shallow beliefs. They do not know Islam and they get trapped by Salafism (Wahabism) propagandas in the west.They have financial support of arab monarchies and amazingly they have more freedom for advertising and hunting ignorant people. Western governments themselves gave the freedom to those creatures because they thought they could win the battle in Syria for Israel !

edit on 17-6-2014 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling Sort of like the same as the US Marines>>>>>>???

Really? No it is not "Sort of like the same as the US Marines". Why would you just name the US Marines? What about any of the other Military in the US or the World.

Maybe you need to tell us why you are so scared of the US Marines! You better hope the US Marines are here to save your arse is Isis comes to the American soil. Oh, maybe you aren't American and that's why you want to bash them!

edit on 17-6-2014 by RunForTheHills because: post name

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join