It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's not racism, it's Peniaphobia and Scelerophobia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche

I once got into an argument with a racist who kept saying things like "What if a black guy robbed your mom" to justify his views.

If you ever see him again, you can ask: "What if a black woman as beautiful as _______ (fill in some delicious starlet) wanted to have sex with you?"

Im pretty confident that as soon as money or sex come into play, a racist can quickly transform into a non-racist.
edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
When I am reading your post it comes across like you believe racism started with U.S. or in the U.S.???
It has nothing to do with crime and poverty for example look at people *peacefully* marching to be recognized for various different reasons and people still hated or the thriving but now declining civilizations/empires of africa. None of Africa's contributions are mentioned anywhere. And thats because there are very few trails of them existing. The absence of evidence is not equal to the evidence of absence. If it wasn't for empires like the greeks that wrote down what they saw and not what they want people to see, we would think that Africa was just a "continent of non-civilized peoples".
I believe the idea of racism is deeper than what is being touched upon in this thread. No one here can ever assert or purport the idea of Africa being a crime ridden place during the time of the arrival of tricksters and colonial powers.

There is an ample amount of evidence that suggest otherwise in *arabian*, greek and a few other civilizations history that suggest there were dozens of extremely noble networks of empires.

There are only very few real racists who truly believe that all people of a certain race inferior, evil or stupid.

I disagree. I think your recognizing the prevalent leaves which are

Its fear of crime, terrorism and poverty, not fear of a specific race, religion or culture.

but it stems from the idea of a people believing to be superior then all other peoples based solely on physical traits. The physical traits are linked to the fictitious, mistranslated and superimposed transliterations of ancient works.

I think when it comes to the so called "black" experience very few other so called *races* do not have the proper info to make a proper analysis. There are alot of things that are NOT in the history books. For example do you know they had "N-word hunting licenses". I'm done...

My new thing- trying to get people to open their heads to imagine the concept or idea of *psychological* trauma, which will inevitably be inherited by your offspring. Knowingly or Unknowingly.
This goes for the descendants of slaves and descendants of those who practiced an inhumane way of thinking and life. It is impossible to turn off racism after every single facet of life embodied it-for generations. Its going to take some hard work, but I believe the roots of racism are a little bit deeper my friend.
If anything crime and poverty are the results of racism not the cause.
....and I agree it may lie within the concept of fear of the unknown (peoples way of life, culture, being different than what your use to seeing) or being different from what you thought or were lead to believe. "false evidence or expectations appearing real" FEAR
Peace to all
edit on 15-6-2014 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: addition

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

Since when does "criminal" is linked to "poverty", OP? Coz I know many great criminals who make billions, trillions a year!

And yes, to some extent, being afraid of the poor, or assoaciating non-White people with crime or poverty definitely IS racism.

..unless you're okay with me labeling White people as, dy default, priviledged Polo-shirt yuppie scumbags who keep complaining about people who don't look like them!

edit on 15/6/14 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Indeed, one only has to consider the fact that Judaism considers non Jews (Gentiles) as inferior Goyim.

www.biblebelievers.org.au...

"You are Adam ["man"], but goyim [gentiles] are not called Adam ["man"]." Kerithoth 6b

"The seed of the goyim is like an animal." Sanhedrin 74b

"All Gentile children are animals." Yebamoth 98a

"The best of the gentiles: kill him; the best of snakes: smash its skull; the best of women: is filled with witchcraft." Kiddushin 66c The uncensored version of this text appears in Tractate Soferim (New York, M. Higer, 1937), 15:7, p. 282. "The best of the gentiles should all be killed" (talmudical.blogspot.com...).

Those of Muslim persuasion considering those of non Muslim persuasion as inferior.

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued. (9:29 Jizya is the money that non-Muslims must pay to their Muslim overlords in a pure Islamic state.)

Then there is the caste system in India that's supposedly outlawed but still exists.

en.wikipedia.org...

The caste system in India is a system of social stratification,[3] which is now also used as a basis for affirmative action.[4][5] Historically, it separated communities into thousands of endogamous hereditary groups called Jātis,[6] which is synonymous with caste in contemporary usage. The Jātis were grouped by the Brahminical texts into four categories or varnas: Brahmins, Kshatriyas, Vaishyas and Shudras. Certain groups, now known as "Dalits", were excluded from the varna system altogether, ostracized by all other castes and treated as untouchables.

edit on 15-6-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Yeah people have been mislabeled.

Since people get called 'racist' for the simple belief that people need to take care of their own issues.

Pay for their own wants, own needs, own desire.

People have been getting called racist because it has never been about race.

It is about ideology.

Political ideology to be specific.

If a person doesn't believe in robbing from the rich, and giving to the poor.

That means their 'racist'!.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

edit on 15-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating

Im pretty confident that as soon as money or sex come into play, a racist can quickly transform into a non-racist.

The dynamic is a little more complex than that. When a racist interacts with the object of his racism, even in regards to sex or money. A racist may compromise and accept the sex or money but view it as a conquest and the racism remains intact or perhaps even magnified by the act of "putting one over on the dumbass *explitive" . That interaction actually reinforces the racism.

www.psychologytoday.com...
edit on 15-6-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It's racism-here's why. I was raised in Florida from 8-20. I have a high level of racism towards Haitian people. Even the intellectual portion of my mind is highly bigoted towards hating and being racist towards Haitians. I perceive them as a vicious, manipulative, lying culture full of superstition that deserves to be erase by hurricane. That being said, I don't publicly announce this other than to show what racism really is-its a trained mindset based upon experience.

You see, I thought I was racist towards black people, but then I began to distinguish the different tones of black people-aka black people are rarely black. Then I began to see differing bone structure of the face, and body. And I can now say, I am 100 percent racist towards Haitians with full observation. Do I like that? Not really, I am just very cautious around them as I have been screwed over by "them" more times than I can remember. financially, emotionally, physically, just a rolercoaster cluster# of #tiness, and Haitians were to blame. I don't know if Haitians is the correct term, but in the spirit of frankness, its the darker colored people from the isle of haiti. Also where their ancestors came from, the entire genetic line gives me the creeps.

But so do dirty homeless people, and Im not racist against dirty homeless people, I just don't care to be around smelly people that don't wash up.
. I know, I'm racist, what can I say.

But if I know that this can be formed through experience, it can also be formed through indoctrination as well. My parents, they aren't really racist, they just prefer higher financial people. They also tend to keep to themselves.

Mods, this isn't hate speech by the way-more like my explanation of how racism works in the brain.

When you put your hand on a hot stove, you get burned, and associate the hot stove with something not to touch or be around while it is red. When you go around, and get #ed over by a certain culture, you associate the #tiness with something not to be around while it is [insert color here].

And I can fully say that black people-and haitian people feel the same way towards white people. Also, Im a redhead, and many people use derogatory comments towards redheads as well without due abandon, and you don't realize how racist it is until you actually do a little research on what makes redhead have red hair. Redheads are actually more genetically dissimilar from white people than black people are from white people. Meaning that they are technically another race. How is this. The mutated MCR1 gene produces melanonin instead of melanin which causes the red hair, and also produces a different glue between the fascia and membranes of the body, meaning that a redheads body is composed of more differing molecular structures than another person without that redhair when the MCR1 gene is actively expressed as a phenotype. So another race that gets picked on, called names, and discriminated against(both positive and negative discrimination) with full acceptance by most societies around the world.

People may scoff at the idea, but so did people scoff at the idea of treating black people with respect, you know, instead of calling them 'n-word', you call them sir, and mam. Instead of calling redhead ginger or "no-souled"(I loved that term), you call us sir and mam. But then again, I'm racist as well, so I understand how powerless most people are at retraining exterior indoctrination, and experiential indoctrination of perception on race.

Most cases of racism are what they are-racism. A phobia means to run away from, not stomp to the #ing curb(I knew a white guy who curb stomped a couple black teenagers and thought that he was doing gods work, this white guy also did a science fair project on how black people have two achilles tendons like an ape does, I dunno, I wasn't really listening after he described the pleasure he had curb stomping those people, I was a little shell shocked and didn't really believe that was all that happened anyways).

Racism exists, deal with it.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: wantstoknowmore

I am racist towards redheads, so many have screwed me over in my life that now I hate all of them.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echtelion

Since when does "criminal" is linked to "poverty", OP? Coz I know many great criminals who make billions, trillions a year!

And yes, to some extent, being afraid of the poor, or assoaciating non-White people with crime or poverty definitely IS racism.

..unless you're okay with me labeling White people as, dy default, priviledged Polo-shirt yuppie scumbags who keep complaining about people who don't look like them!

From the USA it would seem. The main justification is that small towns are extremely safe where people could leave back doors unlocked, windows open at night. They could even leave their car keys on the drivers seat, inside the glove compartment, go shopping and everything would still be there.

Then when low income housing (Section 8) arrives, they suddenly start finding garden ornaments and childrens toys going missing, attackers trying to climb up drainpipes to get into children's bedrooms, cars broken into.

In Canada, you've got stories about new arrivals taking long distance bus journeys and killing other passengers.

www.ctvnews.ca...

In Sweden, you've had similar things:

www.bloomberg.com...

This doesn't really help public perceptions. Then when a story happens in the newspapers, it's "Today, a man attacked another man somewhere in the country."

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Racist oligarchs tend to be extremely hypocritical as well.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snoopy1978

Yeah well it is not the governments job to meet the materialistic wants of the masses.

That ain't racist.

Those that think it is are fascist.
edit on 16-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS
When I am reading your post it comes across like you believe racism started with U.S. or in the U.S.???

Don't know where you get that idea...

It has nothing to do with crime and poverty

If you say so...

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Echtelion

Since when does "criminal" is linked to "poverty", OP?

I didn't link it, you just did.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Snoopy1978

Yeah well it is not the governments job to meet the materialistic wants of the masses.

That ain't racist.

Those that think it is are fascist.

Its racist for you being a constant full throttle jerk to them for being dealt worse hands then most in the game of life, in america.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ImaFungi
a reply to: wantstoknowmore

I am racist towards redheads,

And I am racy toward readheads.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Ok.

Clever use of forum rules and terms to downplay the situation by calling racism something else doesn't make it less impacting, less ruinous or less prevalent so how about we discuss how to stop systemic discrimination in school district lines, community demographic and in the workplace?. How about instead of focusing on what to call it, we focus on how to fix it? Or am I going off topic now?

Changing it's name just makes it harder to talk about, no? Is your goal to cause confusion?

edit on 2014 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlubberyConspiracy
Ok.

But how do we stop systemic discrimination in school district lines, community demographic and in the workplace?
Clever use of forum rules and terms to downplay the situation but calling it something else doesn't make it less impacting, less ruinous or less prevalent.

Changing it's name just makes it harder to talk about, no?

I believe that identifying it as what it really is, makes it easier to deal with and solve. I believe in psycho-quizzing racists until their true concerns are revealed (especially to themselves). I believe in stopping to throw around the label "racist" too generously. [
edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantstoknowmore
It's racism-here's why. I was raised in Florida from 8-20. I have a high level of racism towards Haitian people. Even the intellectual portion of my mind is highly bigoted towards hating and being racist towards Haitians. I perceive them as a vicious, manipulative, lying culture full of superstition that deserves to be erase by hurricane. That being said, I don't publicly announce this other than to show what racism really is-its a trained mindset based upon experience.

Thanks for posting. I was hoping to talk to a genuine racist.

You see, I thought I was racist towards black people, but then I began to distinguish the different tones of black people-aka black people are rarely black. Then I began to see differing bone structure of the face, and body. And I can now say, I am 100 percent racist towards Haitians with full observation. Do I like that? Not really, I am just very cautious around them as I have been screwed over by "them" more times than I can remember. financially, emotionally, physically, just a rolercoaster cluster# of #tiness, and Haitians were to blame. I don't know if Haitians is the correct term, but in the spirit of frankness, its the darker colored people from the isle of haiti. Also where their ancestors came from, the entire genetic line gives me the creeps.

But isnt it true that you are primarily concerned with crime and poverty, and then, as an afterthought, attempted to link certain darker colors and facial features to that?

And you do think its inherent in their genes and unalterable or a matter of upbringing/culture?

Here's a list of famous Haitians many of them black. Do you feel the same way about the musicians, athletes, painters, movie directors, etc. listed here as you do about Haitians in general?

Also, Im a redhead, and many people use derogatory comments towards redheads as well without due abandon, and you don't realize how racist it is until you actually do a little research on what makes redhead have red hair. Redheads are actually more genetically dissimilar from white people than black people are from white people.

This is interesting.

Most cases of racism are what they are-racism. A phobia means to run away from, not stomp to the #ing curb

Racism exists, deal with it.

Whether its called fear or hate of crime/poverty is secondary. Your explanations don't debunk the premise of the OP, they confirm it.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

We need a new phobia.

I`m actually an Arachnophobe. I discriminate against giant spiders. If there is one sitting near me in a restaurant, I go to another table. I refuse to have sexual intercourse with giant spiders. I wouldnt go so far to seek to eradicate them, I am not genocidal, but I do treat them unfairly and with lots of prejudice. I`ve bought into stereotypes that see them as dangerous and ugly.

You would not wanna see the spiders we have here. They can get to the size of your hand, which is big for a wood-spider.

Anyways, I don't think that poverty has anything to do with it. It's the actions of the accused. It's taught culture. There are many poverty-stricken white neighborhoods that have little to no crime, so it can't be poverty. Is it bad parenting? The lack of fathers? I don't know but there is something wrong within many black neighborhoods that I have been to or lived in. People can spin it or try to label it as a phobia but that's just gonna lead us further from the truth. I know many black people who were dumbfounded by what was happening in their neighborhoods. I knew this old black man and I was sitting on his porch talking to him one day and 5 or 6 young black guys walked down the street. Their pants was falling off and they were using profanity very loudly. The old black man pointed at them and told me this and I never forgot it: He said: "those aren't black men right there. Those are full-bred (N-word)". He even shouted and called them the "N-word" when they walked by.

That made me think that maybe it is bad parenting or the lack of fathers. I just don't know. That's why I work on a person-to-person basis, - even when dealing with my own people(we have a lot of idiots too). If you're cool then I don't care what color or religion you are. Sometimes I think racism is mostly just human nature. Other times I think something else.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join