It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the U.S. defend Iraq?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Hi.

What do you think? How do you feel? Should the US defend Iraq against ISIS?

My opinion is NO. They (Iraq) basically kicked us out but now they beg for help. They say they would approve US airstrikes. I'm sure they would but who's going to pay for such an assult? WTH?!?

I say let the animals fight. I'm sorry but we can't save everyone.

www.independent.co.uk...[e ditby]edit on 12-6-2014 by minusinfinity because: added a link

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Why? Isnt Iran doing that? From what I hear they are spineless cowards.

Let Iran "help" take out the Sunni then take it over for themselves who cares.

a reply to: minusinfinity

-Alien

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
No no no no no, they kicked us oh so evil Americans out of their country, but now they want us and the billions of dollars that comes with it back. No

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Normally I would say absolutely not, except in this case, we caused the destabilization of Iraq. Nothing like going into a house and destroying everything inside and than telling the owner to clean it up. We caused this mess by putting our nose where it didn't belong.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I'm with you. Who cares. They screwed us over so I say watch them burn.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: minusinfinity

I'm curious, how did they screw the USA over?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Normally I would say absolutely not, except in this case, we caused the destabilization of Iraq. Nothing like going into a house and destroying everything inside and than telling the owner to clean it up. We caused this mess by putting our nose where it didn't belong.

Baloney.

We were going to clean the mess but they said get the # out.

Screw them. They didn't want our help then and they shouldn't get our help now.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Is it really "helping Iraq", where western forces killed hundreds of thousands of civilians?

Or is it protecting their investment and corporate resources while pretending to look like they care?

Apparently US national security relies on this. Frankly it's just more bollocks.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton

originally posted by: minusinfinity

I'm curious, how did they screw the USA over?

They took our money and supplies then kicked us out.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

Is it really "helping Iraq", where western forces killed hundreds of thousands of civilians?

Or is it protecting their investment and corporate resources while pretending to look like they care?

Apparently US national security relies on this. Frankly it's just more bollocks.

Iraq is asking / begging for help. (read an article.)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

It's the Iraqi govt thats asking for help, after the US, UK govts etc destabilised the bejayzus out of the place. Our forces should never have been there, simple as that.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Right we never should have been there but Germany never should have invaded the countries it did during WWII so does that make Germany responsible for everything that happens in western Europe?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

If Nazi Germany had won WW2 and then it's various leaders had made a fortune out of exploiting France, Poland and whatever other countries it had speculatively conquered in this hypothetical situation, then it would certainly have to shoulder a truck load of responsibility, yes.

And i just Godwin's Law'd myself.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I think we missed our oppourtunity to do something positive and secure the region a few years ago.

We've missed the boat, so to speak. Everything/anything we do now is reactive and not active.

We've become a nation that does not lead, but simply reacts and follows public opinion or whatever the UN tells us to do.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
heavens forbid they kicked us out, after destroying their country for a good part of 5 years+!
terrible people those iraqis are. shame on them.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Iraq's Government, when it became almost exclusively Shia, signaled the end for hope for Iraq having a happy ending.

Only a true "National Unity" Government could have prevented Civil War. You can blame the Americans, but it really comes down to the Iraqis. They chose the path, to basically not share political power with Sunni's and Kurd's. They will now either have to fight for their existence or be prepared to now be on the receiving end of karma.

You would have thought after all the bloodshed in Iraq that the Iraqi Army would have some balls........they are just as cowardly as the Afghan Army or Saddam's Army. I don't know if we didn't train them well enough (doubtful) or they simply lack courage.

This time, Iraqis will have to sort this out....... The only side that seems to still like us is the Kurds. Shia and Sunni are going to go at it and by proxy, Saudi Arabia and Iran. We will just get in the way of them killing each other.

Hard to back a side when both of them seem not worthy of supporting. The Kurds and the Sunni Tribes in Anbar that helped with the "surge" seemed like the only players we could trust/count on in Iraq.

Doesn't help that the current U.S. Administration is clueless.

There is going to be a Civil War and Massive humanitarian disaster coming.

edit on 12-6-2014 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

If Nazi Germany had won WW2 and then it's various leaders had made a fortune out of exploiting France, Poland and whatever other countries it had speculatively conquered in this hypothetical situation, then it would certainly have to shoulder a truck load of responsibility, yes.

And i just Godwin's Law'd myself.

LOL. Perhaps the "Nazis" lost but do you believe France, Poland and whatever other countries were not exploited by the U.S. and the U.K. ?

We were getting a bit off topic but I'm tired of fighting a war we can't win.

As I said earlier. Screw 'em.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The u.s has already done enough damage there ... theyd only fook it up worse .. yes its bad there at the moment but let the iraqi people handle it .. its their country ..

America should work on cleaning up its own house for a change .. weve all seen the result of american assistance abroad ..

After saigon fell and america left they did fine .. in time iraq will stabilise and do fine without further american meddling and imposing its freedumb and dumbocracy on others ..

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Baloney.

We were going to clean the mess but they said get the # out.

Screw them. They didn't want our help then and they shouldn't get our help now.
- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Clean what mess? We invaded Iraq based upon the Bush administration saying they were involved in 9/11 and the fear they had a stockpile of WMD's which Sadam was going to unleash. None of which was true.

WE caused the upheaval in Iraq not the Iraqi's! With our invasion and occupation, Al-Qaeda developed a presence in Iraq by taking advantage of the anger and loss of innocent civilians caused by U.S. bombings. The disruption and take over of their land by Americans and military contractors, enabled other terrorist organizations to take hold. We also put in place a government headed by Nouri Al-Maliki who doesn't represent the other political factions in Iraq.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Well, in any country where religious fanatic rebels are beheading citizens, kiling citizens brutally in fear and pain and torture, traumatizing children YES YES YES.

But the US with its bombs and military and really bad habit of also killing civilians and children under its own steam??/ No.

The UN should bring in the police troops from all Good countries, who do not attack civilians or use depleted uranium weapons but rescue the citizens and stop the bad guys. Police forces type of military only.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join