It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA scientists reveal 3D model of warp drive ship that can get to Alpha Centuri in 2 weeks 8| *pics

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
a reply to: TiM3LoRd

I'm not trying to burst your warp drive bubble. What I'd like to know is how to circumvent the problem, and catastrophic results, of hitting things at that speed.

The image is, as I'm sure you've seen, a fleck of paint that nearly pierced the windscreen of the space shuttle some years ago.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

If I understand right, if in a warp bubble you wont interact with space like you normaly would and pass through it.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

Which ship is that?

Saucer shaped? Where? Do you have a picture of one that we could look at? If you are talking about any of the images in this thread, from the OP in particular... They are ALL digitally animated and do not exist in the physical universe...yet, or at least we have no evidence to say that they do.

Sorry for the late response but here are some pics.

Also here is the news of the test launch. I think it got rained out though.
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
if u ask me, longer space travel will not be possible until we invent something like "energy shield" from movies, to protect ship from flying meteoriters and all kinds of small fast travel rock through space

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

Ah, I see. You know what this reminds me of? It reminds me very much of an upside down version of the old landing capsules, that convex shape seeming ideal to fend of atmospheric resistance. I imagine that after breaking through the weak Martian atmosphere barrier, the craft would be inverted mid descent to bring the rocket to bear in a useful manner, and present the inflated section to the Martian surface also?

Nice design, but aside from a very general circular shape, in my opinion it does not make me think flying saucer, as much as it makes me think modified descent vehicle.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: griswold
if u ask me, longer space travel will not be possible until we invent something like "energy shield" from movies, to protect ship from flying meteoriters and all kinds of small fast travel rock through space

Somewhere earlier in the thread someone does a good job of explaining this. The vehicle itself is not moving that fast but the space around it is. SMH...something like that anyways, lol. In other words...objects around the vehicle move around it very effortlessly.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiM3LoRd

My understanding of the technology is limited but from what I can gather the ship itself isnt moving through space, the space around the ship is folded so its not inertial movement in the traditional sense of the word. So Space paint shouldnt be a problem. It will simply float past and around the ship.

Ok here is the explanation

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I'm currently watching the video now. I've been patiently waiting for them to give some sort of update on the warp drive project. Bottom line is that spaceship looks friggin sweet.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla
a reply to: TiM3LoRd

That's way cool, now if we can just stop blowing each other up and ting, mebbe we can build this and explore/infest the stars together etc etc

It also reminds me very much of the "Sisters of Eve" ships from Eve Online

Yours for only a few hours of grind!

The model definitely looks like the Asteros or another SoE ship from EVE Online.

For any space/sci-fi enthusiasts, EVE Online is an amazing game to play. It isn't free, but you can earn enough in-game currency to purchase your monthly subscription (PLEX = Pilot's License Extension) with so it can be free. The technology they have in that game is well thought of and described so it makes sense, and if you think about it, a lot of technology we have in the real world was at one point just a concept as this 3D model is that could very well come from a movie like Star Trek, Star Wars, or a game like EVE Online or Star Citizen.

I think the U.S. government at least, has had the technology to travel by means of spacetime bending for decades, and are just only recently shedding bits of light on the topic as they usually do with everything else. If this isn't the case, then aliens have indeed been visiting us. I really believe mankind was created by aliens, and put on Earth to harvest resources for them originally. However, at some point we either evolved and became our own civilization, or some great catastrophic event occurred that killed off almost everything, but we gradually repopulated over time to be where we are today. Of course these are only theories, but I believe it moreso than just two people (Adam & Eve) ultimately creating a lineage of over 7 billion people.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Sure you could watch life in 4k ultra HD but there is nothing like actually experiencing it in the flesh so to speak.

Super advanced aliens probably no longer have flesh. Singularity and all.. Those nanoprobes would basically be the eyes and ears of such a civilization.

And how do you suppose those nano probes are going to get here?

Being propelled in their nano state, rather than on a big ship which drops them. It takes less energy of course to propel a small object than a bigger one.

Regardless depending on the civilization and what they hold valuable how they experience or interact with us will be unique.

Sounds too much like an attempt to keep us as something special. Anti-Copernicun in nature.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Nvm
edit on 13-6-2014 by Mindsmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

Sure you could watch life in 4k ultra HD but there is nothing like actually experiencing it in the flesh so to speak.

Super advanced aliens probably no longer have flesh. Singularity and all.. Those nanoprobes would basically be the eyes and ears of such a civilization.

And how do you suppose those nano probes are going to get here?

Being propelled in their nano state, rather than on a big ship which drops them. It takes less energy of course to propel a small object than a bigger one.

Regardless depending on the civilization and what they hold valuable how they experience or interact with us will be unique.

Sounds too much like an attempt to keep us as something special. Anti-Copernicun in nature.

sounds to me like you're making quite a few assumptions on behalf of an alien civilization. Since we don't have one to ask we will just have to agree to disagree.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Though, it does sound plausible, the problem is that it requires "negative energy", which as of yet has not been produced, not to mention that negative energy would be equivalent to negative mass, which violates conservation of energy.

The closest thing to negative energy is the Casimir effect:

Negative Energy

Now, this doesn't mean it isn't possible, because I know for sure that certain very secret agencies have technologies that can see forward in time, which is related in some respects to warping space. It does mean that a complete and consistent theory of quantum gravity is necessary first.

I believe that Einstein or someone of his caliber actually succeeded in unifying Quantum Mechanics and Gravity way back in the late 40's but is being kept secret for the use of the the elite. We mere mortals may have to re-derive his solution by ourselves.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jukiodone
The only "real" thing in this thread is the 3D Model.

Space folding and exotic matter that can be used to fold space are in the realms of Warp Drives and Dilithium crystals.

Just from a practical perspective, what happens to time when you fold space?

Never seen this properly answered by NASA.

Did you see the movie Star Tek : Into Darkness..?
At a certain point in the movie there are models of space ships on a desk. These are lined up in order of development in time. The fascinating thing is that the model in the OP looks very much like the one after the space shuttle on this display on the desk.

I wanted to show a still shot but have no idea how to capture one...

Check it out for yourself..

edit on 14/6/2014 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Makes me think of these thingies, how they slip easily through the hands, it folds in on itself

leolady

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Kevinquisitor

As a player for 11 years i felt compelled to give you a thumbs up

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: zatara

originally posted by: Jukiodone
The only "real" thing in this thread is the 3D Model.

Space folding and exotic matter that can be used to fold space are in the realms of Warp Drives and Dilithium crystals.

Just from a practical perspective, what happens to time when you fold space?

Never seen this properly answered by NASA.

Did you see the movie Star Tek : Into Darkness..?
At a certain point in the movie there are models of space ships on a desk. These are lined up in order of development in time. The fascinating thing is that the model in the OP looks very much like the one after the space shuttle on this display on the desk.

I wanted to show a still shot but have no idea how to capture one...

Check it out for yourself..

It's a tad blurred because he was moving to the left showing all the advances in flight and spaceflight, but I think you can make it out.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TuEsIncredibiliterStultus

Yes indeeds, and on the far left of the image you can see the Phoenix, prototype FTL craft flown by Zefram Cochrane in Star Trek: First Contact, as well as the nose of the space shuttle on the far right.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Oh and btw, it should be "Particle collisions give me a large hadron." Lol

Gold.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

That quanity is not for the whole trip.

You need that amount for every single second the warp drive is in operation. 500kg's every second for 2 weeks at 10x the speed of light for a 10m bubble.

Scale that up to a a 50m bubble or 100x the speed of light and it's still crazy crazy high numbers.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Nope, you remain in real space. Not like Star-Trek where you can fly through planets and the like.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join