It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we starting to finally see the beginning of revolution against the government in the U.S.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
With all of the draconian laws that the government is trying to impose on citizens, with all the police brutality that is being witnessed due to you tube videos, with the recent situation at the Bundy ranch, with the recent shooting of police at wal Mart where the shooters sort of proclaiming war against the government, with the recent attack at that court house, with all of the attacks against police and government agencies, are we see the opening shots, the so called shot heard round the world in the second American revolution it seems to me that we are witnessing all of the same things that colonial America was witnessing at the beginnings of the first American revolution. It seems that we are witnessing that which the government and the police are most afraid of. The thing that they are most afraid of is 280 million citizens rising up and exterminating anyone involved with government or law enforcement. For the record, I am not advocating or rallying for anyone to kill another human being in any way. My intention is to find out if other members here see these things approaching at warp speed the way I believe they are? What say you ATS ?
edit on 9-6-2014 by DonVoigt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DonVoigt

You'll never get the 2 political leanings to come togather. The right is convinced everything is cool with state police brutality and such. They just hate the federal government.. Mainly any democratic part of it. They think the stars should have more power. But the federal gov. should just be for the military.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Total and utter nonsense.

First of all, the people who are under threat at this time are not the government, their troops, or their police personnel, but primarily the American people. It will be innocent people who bare the brunt, if these poorly arranged chaos binges keep happening. The people who walked into an eatery, shot the place up, then moved across the way to a Walmart and shot that up too, and announced the revolution had begun, were either high, or mightily overconfident in their abilities, and if they are the sort of people that the revolution has to offer, then it has already failed.

The fact is, that the only significant revolution that can possibly happen now, is targeted, co-ordinated action, which attacks communication infrastructure, interferes with satellite communication, GPRS technology, and cell service by extension, AND deals blows to the government itself. Loosing a few extra police a year will not serve to affect Capitol Hill one iota.

It is sad to see this from afar, because there is an awful lot about America that I like. Great metal music, good food, and mostly decent people. The fact that the government are one kind of very effective crazy, and the "revolutionaries" are another, totally ineffective kind of crazy, makes for a tragic set of circumstances for the people in between them, including members here on ATS.

Unless whatever movement exists at the moment, gets organised and stops wasting the lives of its members on fruitless murder sprees, the revolution will be nothing more than a thoughtless shedding of blood, like a note of complaint written in lead, on page after page of human flesh, and will be discarded like all the other complaint letters received by certain government departments.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE
Yes those things are true, but I don't care what any politically affiliated group is doing or not doing it is well documented that they are all corrupt. What I'm asking the members here is do you think the last straw has finally broken the camels back? Has the government and law enforcement finally gone to far too pull themselves back from having the citizenry of the U.S. to start taking them down, because the government and law enforcement know that the odds are so astronomically against them, how soon will they be running for their underground bunkers to hide from the judgement that they are due.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

the so called shot heard round the world in the second American revolution it seems to me that we are witnessing all of the same things that colonial America was witnessing at the beginnings of the first American revolution.

Seems to me that a few nutjobs are doing what nutjobs do. Probably spent a lot of time listening to the king of popular nutjobbery, Alex Jones. I wonder if somebody shot dead a couple of members of your family and said it was "the start of the revolution," if you'd rush to ATS to opine seriously about the "second American Revolution."
edit on 2014-6-9 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE

You'll never get the 2 political leanings to come togather. The right is convinced everything is cool with state police brutality and such. They just hate the federal government.. Mainly any democratic part of it. They think the stars should have more power. But the federal gov. should just be for the military.

I think most of the "police state" occurrences take place in the big Liberal/Democrat voting cities.

The crime stats show it pretty clear IMO.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Yes it is the citizens blood that is being shed, and I personally think it is going to get alot worse real fast there is no way for them to hide this from happening as some believe the revolution wink not be televised, it's to late for this all to not be televised, I'm looking at it all from a numbers point of view. Over the last two decades here in the U.S. law enforcement and government have way overstepped their bounds , and I hear from to many people and see in to many places that the people in my country are sick of it and are going tostand with the revolution when the mayhem starts .

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Yeah...

Thats fair and fine enough, but what your OP asks, is "are we finally starting to see the beginning of revolution against the government in the US", and the answer remains, no.

You are not seeing a revolution, you are seeing wanton carnage, and the poorest organised carnage I have ever heard of to boot. Calling this a revolution, is like calling snatching a pack of bubble gum from a store counter a well executed armed robbery.

There is no revolution, because the people who are doing these things are not attacking the government. What these things you refer to are, is anarchy at its least palatable, and nothing more. If what you are seeing now, is the best you can expect, then the country is doomed to be enslaved by its leaders rather than to have leaders who are slaves to the people. Again, no revolution worthy of the name, beings this way.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Call them nut jobs call them stuff addicts, gun nuts, call them what you will, and try to make me look like an evil person for asking a asking a question , by throwing my family into it but the fact remains that there is an undercurrent in this country that has had enough of the criminal behavior being committed by government and law enforcement. Many are normal citizens,veterans, everyday people that are disgusted with their criminal behavior, but you have to have an opinion about these things happening other than attacking me for asking the ATS community if they are seeing it happen as I'm seeing it.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Whenever I hear talk of American Revolution, I am afraid of the consequences of said actions.
To take arms against the government both local and federal will have far reaching consequences, that will affect all of the country for generations to come.
But for all of the talk, for all of the rhetoric, what people never talk about or consider, is what is the end game, and what happens after that.

There is never any talk of what to do after the fighting is over, never any talk about what is considered victory where peace can ring out, or how the mess will be cleaned up. People will talk and complain about the state of the country, a few do something about it by taking a peaceful manner, and a few go through and do more violent means.

Change can be done, but without the support of the people, it never gets or goes anywhere. The divisions in the country run too far and deep. People like Sharpton or Jackson, only keep old wounds open, no one ever talks about what the country together, or discusses how to remedy the social problems of the country. Solutions are hard, never easy, and often will hurt.
This is not going to be a revolution, but will end up being a civil war.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
You make a fair point but in American history what is known as the shot heard around the world were small bans of revolutionaries thatwere probably considered crazy nut jobs by much of the population at the time but even back then there was anundercurrent of dismay toward the red coats which eventually turned this country into what it became

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

First off all there is nothing civil about war. It will be a war of country men against country men which is called in American history the civil war and this one will take the same toll as the last one which is 100% of people that die in it will be American.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
If this couple in Las Vegas is one of your examples of the new revolutionaries it's going to be an extremely short war.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DonVoigt
a reply to: ArtemisE
Yes those things are true, but I don't care what any politically affiliated group is doing or not doing it is well documented that they are all corrupt. What I'm asking the members here is do you think the last straw has finally broken the camels back? Has the government and law enforcement finally gone to far too pull themselves back from having the citizenry of the U.S. to start taking them down, because the government and law enforcement know that the odds are so astronomically against them, how soon will they be running for their underground bunkers to hide from the judgement that they are due.

Personally, I don't think the last straw has been broken as there has to be more weight behind an effective revolution, like at least 25% of the population. It has to be organized, there has to be a leader, they need economic/infrastructure/military strategists plus people in influential places and in that case there is bound to be infiltration on both sides. Cold war version 2.0, just inside the US borders.

I think that straw is coming and I've been watching the breaking weight for more than 40 years, the nickel and diming, and of course the death by a million cuts. We are seeing it in Canada as well as the UK, Europe, etc.. It could happen this fall, it won't be pretty. It really depends on the next few months. The more people there are out of work, the more people there are that can do the research into why they are out of work. You can get a pretty good education on corrupt economics in less than 30 days with all the available information on the net.

Unfortunately, like I have always said, if the corrupt legal system and corrupt government do not provide a peaceful means of resolution and redress, I find it more than probable and highly likely they will receive a violent one.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

I didn't say they were examples of what a revolutionary should be, the point is that all it takes is one small group of events that could trigger something larger. I don't know where you live or how you live, what you look like but there are many demographics in this country that feel the same way as that particular nut job feels about government and law enforcement

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Ok that's where I'm trying to get to that other people can see this stuff coming at a break neck pace, and it may be to late for government and law enforcement to repair their reputation as diplomats and peacekeepers rather than extortionists and Jack booted thugs.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I didn't say they were examples of what a revolutionary should be, the point is that all it takes is one small group of events that could trigger something larger. I don't know where you live or how you live, what you look like but there are many demographics in this country that feel the same way as that particular nut job feels about government and law enforcement

Are we talking about what happened in Las Vegas?

You're way, way overestimating that demographic. I live in a rural, red part of the country. I know lots of people including some patriot movement supporters. But in the final analysis they aren't going to support or participate in violent revolution. And there are far more people who might appear to be in that camp who are really just political conservatives and who would rally behind law enforcement if something like this were to spread.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

The event in las Vegas is just one of the events I pointed out, simply because of the reason why they said they did what they did. I did not imply that they were the larger demographic in this country. If youwant other examples I could point out the one million bikers thing that went to D.C. or the one million truckers, or the occupy wall street or the oh so evil tea party , or those crazy Ron Paul supporters.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

My intention is to find out if other members here see these things approaching at warp speed the way I believe they are? What say you ATS ?

No I don't see things happening at breakneck speed nor do I see an oncoming revolution.

When and if the well off in this country start feeling oppressed then things may change, until then it seems like business as usual in the USA...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join