It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to free Gitmo terrorist ‘because he took up yoga’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Morning,

Alright.
If it wasn't obvious before it should be now.
Obama is clearly insane.
A sociopath.
A psychopath.
Either one could arguably be considered to be true but this takes the cake.

"Because he took up yoga and read about the Dalai Lama"

Have I fallen into the Twilight Zone or something?
What's next?

"We released Ahkbar because he's taken up reading Emily Frost."

The world is going to be a much more dangerous place as Obama keeps the catch and release part of the war on terror alive and well.
Is anyone else getting tired of this crap?

nypost.com...

Decide for yourselves.

-Peace-
edit on 9-6-2014 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
To be fair the prisoners that are in Gitmo should be released due to torture for 1 and lack of evidence of guilt for 2.

www.policymic.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
New York Post - No Reform Too Absurd For Obama to Spring GITMO Detainees

If you thought President Obama’s release of five top Taliban commanders in exchange for POW Bowe Bergdahl was bad, wait until you see what his Gitmo parole board plans. Desperate to empty the Guantanamo Bay prison by the end of his term, Obama quietly is giving “get out of jail free” cards for the flimsiest of excuses.

One al Qaeda suspect captured in Afghanistan is considered reformed because he took up yoga and read a biography of the Dalai Lama. Another is eligible for release because of his “positive attitude.”

And one longtime detainee, a former bodyguard for Osama bin Laden, is now harmless because he’s going to start a “milk and honey farm.”

So Osama Bin Ladens bodyguard is going to get out of GITMO because he claims he wants to start a milk and honey farm? Really? The re-engagement rate for these terrorists to go back to murdering people when released is rather high. There is no question about it .. Obama is at war against America.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
This is King Obama doing exactly what he said he'd do ....

Obama on Bergdahl Release

I make no apologies for it. It was a unanimous decision among my principals in my government, and a view that was shared by the Joint Chiefs of Staff. This is something I would do again and will continue to do whenever I have an opportunity.

Unanimous?? Hell no.

HIS GOVERNMENT??? HIS??

He said he'd do it again whenever he has an opportunity.

So here he goes ....

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
What the FRESH?

Surely there has to be more to this story. Can he really be that insane?

God help the rest of you Americans if this really happens. Even if the men there are completely innocent, which I am sure a lot of them aren't they will totally hate the USA now and be thinking of revenge.

I know that's how I'd feel if I'd been caged up like an animal for the last decade or so.....

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
What about the madness of who was really behind 9/11, not the immediate scapegoats that have failed a reasonable sense of public justice. There is a lot of crap I am tired of like 84 conflicts and 30 million dead since WW2. Shutting down Gitmo is a good move. If we cannot trust and believe in Justice do you really want to go there?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Eryiedes

Not only no, but hell no!

Obama has passed beyond being a joke, and has now stepped into pathetic territory!

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Obama has passed beyond being a joke, and has now stepped into pathetic territory!

so you believe the headline?....and there is nothing pathetic about that, I guess.....look I voted for Obama, but I think all of them should be put on trial, even the ones George bush released. apparently that doesn't get in this thread however because that would interrupt another daily saliva-inducing rant against Obama
edit on 9-6-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-6-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

so you believe the headline?....and there is nothing pathetic about that, I guess.....look I voted for Obama, but I think all of them should be put on trial, even the ones George bush released. apparently that doesn't get in this thread however because that would interrupt another daily saliva-inducing rant against Obama

Refute the topic then.

Illustrate how Obama is not a pathetic excuse for a leader and president.

Show how his foreign policy and stance on Gitmo detainees is solid.

Go for it!

link   

Not only yoga, but also "read the biography of the Dalai-Lama".

Funnily enough, the Dalai-Lama has ties with the CIA... hm...

Small world.

a reply to: elementalgrove

I agree.

edit on 9-6-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

link   
Clearly This proves Yoga is evil.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Your wrong bunny boy. Obama is only making good on his promise to shut down an eyesore. Its what the
American people demand, it has nothing to do with anything else. We are about justice, not gulags where
you are held indefinitely.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Refute the topic then.

Go for it!

I don't need to refute it, YOU need to prove that it was said in the first place, because nowhere does it say that "the prisoner was released because he took up yoga"....that's a made-up line by the writer of the Post...and if it isn't please point to the quote....

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: nrd101

Letting bad people go free is no way to "shut down" Gitmo.

Would we release a serial killer in a super-max prison because he took up watercolor painting?

Can I rob a bank, go to jail, but get released because I took up yoga?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Refute the topic then.

Go for it!

I don't need to refute it, YOU need to prove that it was said in the first place, because nowhere does it say that "the prisoner was released because he took up yoga"....that's a made-up line by the writer of the Post...and if it isn't please point to the quote....

What he did: Classified as an “indefinite detainee” in 2010 because of the danger he posed to the US. The Yemeni national was captured in 2001 fighting in Afghanistan. The military said he was a troublemaker while in custody, even inciting riots. He was uncooperative in interviews, showing “ill intentions toward the US.” One of his brothers in Yemen is a leader in al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, the terror group’s most lethal branch.

What they say now: His government-appointed lawyer argued he was merely an assistant cook for an unspecified military group. “He has asked for yoga magazines and self-help books,” lawyer Pardiss Kebriaei told the parole board in April, noting he practices yoga in his cellblock and has read biographies of the Dalai Lama and Martin Luther King Jr.

In his own plea to the board, Bihani suggested his hostility comes from losing his parents as a boy, saying, “It was hard growing up without a mother or father.” He promised to start a family and live a peaceful life if freed. “I look forward to the day when I can hold my baby in my hands,” he said. Last month, the board said it found his story “credible” and declared al-Bihani “no longer…a threat to the security of the United States.”

Who is the board that reviews this process?

Obama’s terrorist parole board was established in 2011. He appoints its members — officials from the Justice Department, Pentagon, State Department and Homeland Security — without a congressional confirmation process. It is secretive and lacking in accountability.

All from the OP's source.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

So there was no crime, just a threat? What about all the threats out on the road, how many motorist are going to die this year? Do we go lock all of them up just because? Preemptive punishment is such a bad idea I am at a loss that it even needs explaining.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I think the Obamanater gave up a good chance at Hollywood to take on the comedic roll he has .Who knows maybe the pension promise was better . a reply to: beezzer

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
And on the heels of this thread we have this

"After arriving in Qatar, Noorullah Noori kept insisting he would go to Afghanistan and fight American forces there,” a Taliban commander told NBC News via telephone from Afghanistan.

Noori pushed to return to Afghanistan after learning that the U.S. had provided written assurances that no country would arrest any of the five freed for a year as long as they lived peacefully, one of his relatives told NBC News by telephone from Afghanistan. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I keep asking myself why people are surprised. He said he was going to release them, just not when and how. He said the price of gasoline would go up and it did. He said electricity would go up and it is just about to. He said he would do immigration reform, so he has holder ignore the law. Back door way but he did. This is just a few but you get the idea. Everyone always says they will take him at face value and give him the benefit of doubt.

He said he was going to screw us over and he did. Surprised no, ticked off? YES What just kills me is this is all a known quantity and yet he is reelected again. Blind or stupid the end result is the same we are stuck with an evil POTUS.

Release a OBL bodyguard for a milk and honey farm?? Really. It seems obvious to me the Muslim Brotherhood is running Gitmo parole board, with the Barrack Hussein Obama oversight of Stevie Wonder.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

What he did: Classified as an “indefinite detainee” in 2010 because of the danger he posed to the US.

What danger could this person possibly be to the US fighting in Afghanistan? Does America suddenly have a common border with Afghanistan?

The military said he was a troublemaker while in custody, even inciting riots.

Who here if they were locked up without being charged with anything would be a happy camper?

He was uncooperative in interviews, showing “ill intentions toward the US.”

Translation he wasn't happy with being tortured I mean "enhanced interrogation".

You should only face a parole board after you have been charged and convicted. These people haven't been charged or convicted of anything.
edit on 9-6-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join