It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting at Walmart in Las Vegas

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: valentin

what the.....f**k?

dude, make a thread...

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: tranquilone666

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mikeultra
a reply to: opethPA
The cops are making some wild claims about Gadsen flags, swastikas, notes pinned to bodies, etc. Let's see the proof of those claims. They say it's all on surveillance video, so I want to see it. They are public servants. I'm part of the public. So show me!

Yeah, it does not work that way, slick. You do not instantly get full disclosure of all evidence in a criminal investigation. I mean, really?!

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaffo

originally posted by: Mikeultra
The cops are making some wild claims about Gadsen flags, swastikas, notes pinned to bodies, etc. Let's see the proof of those claims. They say it's all on surveillance video, so I want to see it. They are public servants. I'm part of the public. So show me!

Yeah, it does not work that way, slick. You do not instantly get full disclosure of all evidence in a criminal investigation. I mean, really?!

Yes, but law enforcement agencies shouldn't make claims without supporting evidence. Which they do far too often. And, almost always, the press just becomes their megaphone. Not questioning even some very outlandish claims.
edit on 11-6-2014 by Moresby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

2 more suicidal PSYCHOPATHS die.

That's hwo I read it. I think most of these shooters are psychopathic AND suicidal. Being suicidal means they want to kill themselves or die. Being psychopathic (sociopathic) means htey have little to no understand of other peoples emotions and/or natures and/or plight and thus are more susceptible to inviting thoughts of harming others into their mind. Combined with the other traits usuallly associated with socipathy (or psychopathy) and I think it increases the odds they'll hurt others.

I don't think this is just a war on guns. It's a war on sociopathy. And I don't think it's engineered; I don't think it's a conspiracy. I think this is a combination of something that's making people suicidal AND something that's always been around: sociopathy. What's causing people to be suicidal? I don't know. Maybe it's the 2009 recession. Maybe it was 9/11. Maybe it's the food we eat. Maybe it's the information age and people just can't handle this much information. Maybe it's video games causing people to get addicted and lose their skills and lose their job and fall apart.

Since hte media always reports on these mass shootings and covers every detail, maybe some of these shooters see it was their 15 minutes of fame. Maybe in their dark place the thought of being famous is involved. If they're sociopathic, it increases the odds they'll carry through with it.
edit on 11-6-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: jaffo
Do you think it's just a coincidence that in almost all of these "active shootings", that the "shooters" kill themselves? When that happens there is no trial at which all of the claimed "evidence", such as the Gadsen flag, swastikas, notes pinned to bodies, etc. is presented. All they do is tell the public that this is what happened. No crime scene photos will need to be presented. Just the "official story" broadcast by the propaganda media.

Also a common detail included with these "shootings" is that the offenders were carrying hundreds of rounds of ammunition. Yet they always seem to kill themselves once the police show up in force? Weird coincidence also? Why carry hundreds of rounds of ammo if you're just going to kill yourselves as soon as all the cops arrive.

In this Las Vegas incident the "shooters" are alleged to want a confrontation with the cops! Yet when they all arrive they self destruct? Does not make sense!

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz
Talk about Jack Boots!!

Rhode Island State Police

Holy Christ, they look retarded. Not only that, but those really do resemble SS Officer uniforms. If I lived in RI I'd be petitioning to have that changed post-haste.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Xaphan

Hold your horses! Look here, see the resemblance? Same boots minus the stirrups, same hat, same craziness...

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra
I noticed the similarity also. Although I'm not being a hypocrite in any way, because I think our traditional Mountie uniforms are retarded as well lol. Our cops don't dress like that anymore (except for ceremonial purposes etc). Thankfully this is the standard uniform:

m.country933.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Dingy Harry wastes no time in declaring the Las Vegas shooting as domestic terrorism. Yet his political party calls the Fort Hood shooting work place violence. Fort Hood being a much worse shooting and a clear cut case of a domestic terrorist. Yes there is an agenda going on here...

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) described the Las Vegas shooting spree Sunday that killed two police officers and one civilian as a domestic act of "terrorism" by the perpetrators, who ended up taking their own lives.

talkingpointsmemo.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Something that I find unusual regarding Jerad Miller is that his Facebook page is still up. Isn't it the norm for these social sites to pull down the pages of these killers? If you look at the Other section, the list of things look to be very long and of a staged nature. This is being left up for a purpose... To malign anyone who has ties to any of those organizations.

I don't think it's allowed to link to a Facebook account, so just type it in yourself and see. I also found these 3 photos on that page. The kuala bear has me puzzled. Perhaps Australia is the underground world?

edit on 11-6-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus
a reply to: tranquilone666

Hahaha that's much better then what I came up with. Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to use the emoticons and things? Also I would like to know the location of the plane if you could be so kind valentin. And does anyone else feel that this is just a really shady situation that kind of seems like it could be to crush any chance of people uniting by classifying the most well known non republocrat as a domestic terror manufacturer?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Its entirely possible the facebook page is "frozen" until the police complete the investigation and are sure that no one else was involved.

Not saying that's what happened - just a possibility.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Actually, if you look at the numbers, it's not "almost all" who commit suicide. That statistic actually hovers at around 50%.

Looking at the shootings in the last week:

Vegas--suicide (*2).
Seattle--shooter survived.
Troutdale--suicide
Moncton--shooter survived.

And it's like that all the way through the 90's spate of shootings. Just as many people didn't kill themselves afterwards as those that did. Holmes didn't. Lanza did. See the pattern? I don't know the statistic for the most recent spate but I do know that, in 2001, the statistic of how many committed suicide was around 43%. I can dig around for the source for that statistic if you like. Here's an article on the subject discussing the last spate and suicide, which also makes an interesting point about those that don't tending to be the psychopaths. A psychopath, as you may recall, is somebody who doesn't care about anybody else but themselves so that kind of makes sense.

www.psychologytoday.com...

As for the hundreds of rounds of ammo and not using it all, I'd say that that has a variety of reasons. For one thing, a good number planned their attacks and it may just come down to that difference between fantasy (what you think it'll be like) and reality (what it is actually like). Plus not all of them actually stop when police arrive. Shoot outs with the police happen where the shooter may commit suicide or they may go on for a while. Remember the guy who called the fire department and started pecking off responders? Or how about the guy in Moncton who they had to hunt for? Gun jamming (Holmes, iirc) and or getting jumped during reloading (Ybarra) may also be part of why it ends abruptly without a bunch of ammo being used.

There's a difference between perception and reality. It's better to do a little research before making blanket statements about shooters.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice
Thanks for the info and link. I read it and was surprised that killers are categorized as either psychotic or not? I would think all killers are psychotic. Well what about the Elliot Rodger case. He was definitely a psycho who only cared about himself, yet he committed suicide rather than shoot cops so I'm not seeing a strict pattern.

Maybe what I should have said is, in all the active shootings that are suspected as possibly being part of a drill/exercise, the shooters almost always kill themselves. The Oregon shooting had the dreaded AR-15 with about 10 extra magazines, yet only one person was shot to death and the shooter then shot himself.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Actually no, they aren't all suffering from psychosis. Psychosis would be defined as including a significantly distorted and abnormal view of reality. As scary as it sounds, not all of them are psychotic. A psychopath may not have psychosis. They may just, quite plainly, hate the entire world. Elliot Rodger may not have been psychotic but I'd say he was definitely a narcissist and a psychopath. The way we tend to casually define psychotic behaviors (because I agree--going on a killing spree is psychotic in my book, too), in the actual terminology, while that behavior would be resoundingly viewed as mentally ill, it does not necessarily mean that they have had a total break from reality. They could see the world as plain as day and just want to hurt people in it. Like I said, it's a pretty scary thing to consider.

As far as the Oregon shooting goes, it was not a drill/exercise. I can say that with certainty. The same was said about the Clackamas Town Center shooting where the shooter killed himself as well. I knew people who were there. He didn't kill that many either and had little to no experience with the weapons. Thank god or I might have lost a friend that day. I honestly think that intent should be looked at in all cases because whether someone is proficient with a weapon or not really makes no difference as it is their intent that is the issue. I'd prefer nobody dying at all when it comes down to it and fervently hope that they keep missing. Or they just don't do it all. Want to say that, too. I want it to stop and for the record, gun control isn't going to make that happen.
edit on 11/6/14 by WhiteAlice because: added last few lines

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xaphan

originally posted by: Wolfenz
Talk about Jack Boots!!

Rhode Island State Police

Holy Christ, they look retarded. Not only that, but those really do resemble SS Officer uniforms. If I lived in RI I'd be petitioning to have that changed post-haste.

these are the ones who really look like SS uniforms.

new jersey state police
edit on 11-6-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice
You seem very smart. I don't care if this question might seem crazy. Do you think it's possible that with the explosive growth of cell phone tower installations all over the place, that it could be causing these people to go off? It's probably more likely the SSRI drugs, which might be prescribed in response to not feeling right because of the overdose of microwave radiation.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie
I recognize those guys! They don't place in top 3 for most fascist looking uniforms though. I present to you as evidence, the Massachusetts State Police.

I'm sorry. I was wrong NJ does place in the top 3 fascist looking uniforms. I think it ranks like this.
1. Massachusetts
2. N.J.
3. R.I.

edit on 11-6-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

IMO psychopathy and sociopathy aren't interchangeable. They are two distinct conditions which are incredibly difficult to diagnose and are incredibly controversial. These labels get thrown around carelessly and increase the stigma around mental health - a personal bug bear due to my work.

The cause and effect around these labels is interesting in these sorts of cases. Are the shooters suffering from mental health problems or disabilities so they go on a rampage, or is it easier to retro fit these labels after the event? Dead men tell no tales...

Maybe it's easier for the public to accept these events if they can distance themselves from the perpetrators? Hitler, Stalin etc are described as "evil", which dehumanises them, so nowadays shooters are described as psychopaths.

I find the suicide aspect of these cases very interesting, as I'm not sure that suicide/depressive traits are consistent with psychopathy.

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join