It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rationale For Alien Interaction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Very often on these forums I hear questions asked about why would ETs travel vast distances just to interact with Earth as if the likelihood is impossible. Reasons are brought up such as "we're too far away", "we're too primitive", "we're not worth interacting with", etc. Below is a list of reasons for possible interaction which I hope can answer these questions.

1. Scientific Research
2. Monitoring our development
3. Conquest with possible retardation of our development
4. Aiding our development
5. Co-existent residence in our dimension or a parallel one
6. Acquisition of genetic materials
7. Acquisition of physical substances (water, minerals, gases)
8. Acquisition of samples of biological lifeforms
9. Accidental intrusion due to technical problems
10. Just passing through
11. Cross-breeding

Throughout history, mankind had invaded, conquered, and enslaved foreign land and it's respective citizens. Humanity is guilty of some of the reasons on this list and if you are in synch with there being other extraterrestrial intelligences out in interstellar space, would there be any reason to think that these actions can only occur on a global level? As far as the distance issue is concerned, understand that there's a strong possibility that we are mere infants in regards to scientific development involving subjects in the realm of quantum physics, space warping, inter-dimensional recognition/traversing, etc. We are still learning and I think it's safe to say that there is much still to be discovered in these areas while these other civilizations may have already mastered the art....maybe even to the point where traveling these distances may be appear to be instantaneous through the use of wormholes and/or stargates or what have you. There's even talk of time manipulation accessible by some entities but I won't get into any obscure subject matter like that here. This is just something to think about, a reminder if you will, the next time the thought crosses you mind.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueMessiah
I think 6, 7 and 8 are most likely.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Very often on these forums I hear questions asked about why would ETs travel vast distances just to interact with Earth as if the likelihood is impossible. Reasons are brought up such as "we're too far away", "we're too primitive", "we're not worth interacting with", etc.

I don't think the likelihood is impossible......just highly improbable, but not for the reasons you state, the universe is an incalculably big place with such an incalculable number of planets that we would certainly take some finding!, so given that we have no irrefutable evidence of alien interaction it's not impossible......just improbable.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
What if ETs were really an evolved form of the human race time travelling from the future merely observing us but could not interact with us it because it would have some detrimental effect on our wellbeing and survival?

Just saying.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

You forgot one..."To boldly go where no man has ever gone before." I had to get that in there for all those Star Trek fans.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Too easy to pick some of these apart, but I'm lazy at the moment, so I'll tackle the easier ones....

Why? Why travel the vast distance and risk time, resources & lives to aid a primitive, selfish and superstitious bunch of morons? What is the incentive? Exactly who deduced that aliens are morally righteous hippies that want to help anyone? That trait has NEVER proven useful in the evolution of any species....EVER.

What "dimension" are you referring to? Up, down, left & right? You are aware that dimensions and universes are not the same thing, right? Oh, you might be referring to the pseudoscience sense of the word. The one they incorrectly use in metaphysics, right? If they were creatures that we could not perceive within our 3 dimensions, they would not be able to interact with us, because of fundamental laws of physics.....just as we wouldn't be able to interact with them. Their biology would be comprised in such a way to perceive and survive within their spatial dimension. And understand...dimensions are that...spatial relations. Dimensions are not the same as universes or planes.

Assuming they did this once....why would they need repeated visits? We can already replicate and regrow material using a single genetic sample. If they are advanced enough to get here, they wouldn't even need to land. Theoretically, they can scan the genetic makeup of an organism remotely and replicate it. The onyl reason why WE can't do that, is because we don't yet have the technology or instruments to do so.

If you have a fundamental understanding of particle physics and have mastered interstellar travel, you would have a enough understanding to create water from hydrogen, extract minerals from nearby moons/asteroids and create gasses from readily available resources. You do not need to travel to earth.

Deductive logic will tell you that the only good reason for them to come here would be to...

• Invade
• Explore

And in either case it would make little sense for them to hide from the general public. As of yet, there is no proof of alien visitations to earth, though I am more than confident there's other life out there.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: meowningstar

What if UFOs contained Humans from the present but because we are time travellers due to the genetic intervention which took us forward in evolution faster than natural ,not in what would have been our natural cycle resulting in todays humanity,maybe we only "think" they are from the future,because we do not understand our true past,present or future with any accuracy or clarity.

Maybe this is why humanity quests above all else for its proof of origins, we are out of synch with the natural swing of things possibly.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: meowningstar
What if ETs were really an evolved form of the human race time travelling from the future merely observing us but could not interact with us it because it would have some detrimental effect on our wellbeing and survival?

Just saying.

That would make more sense. May be far fetched...but it wouldn't violate known physics or logic.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

You have to assume 1st they'd be 100's of thousands of years ahead of us in all of your list right off the bat. And that changes everything.

1. Scientific Research
THEY'D BE SOOOOO FAR AHEAD OF US ALREADY..THERE'D BE NOTHING THEY HAVENT ALREADY LEARNED ELSWHERE IN THE UNIVERSE(S).
2. Monitoring our development
THEY HAVE BEEN MONITORING US FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS ALREADY.
3. Conquest with possible retardation of our development
CONQUEST OF ANTS ON A HILL? DONT THINK THEY'D NEED TO
THAT MAY BE THE ONLY REASON PRESENTED HERE THAT POSSIBILY COULD BE VALID
ALREADY THERE
OUT OF ALL THE PLANETS IN ALL THE THE UNIVERSES? NO.
8. Acquisition of samples of biological lifeforms
9. Accidental intrusion due to technical problems
A POSSIBILITY
10. Just passing through
ANOTHER POTENTIAL POSSIBILITY
11. Cross-breeding
HARDLY. NOTHING WE IMMATURE HUMANS HAVE THEY CANT OR HAVENT GOTTEN THOUSAND OR EVEN MILLIONS OF YEARS AGO ALREADY TO BREED WITH.

All of the above reasoning concerning a million years ahead super advanced interstellar dimensional traveling technologically and biologically advanced race from a whole other dimension of space and time....? Think about it. Hardly anything on this list would be even close to being a reasonable supposition of what they'd want or need.

I think because of that...we couldnt possibily have any idea WHAT they want, need, look like or where they may come from. We are just stupid inferior ants on a hill with no way to relate to a highly advanced species.....

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: splck

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
At first glance, this idea might seem a but ridiculous....

But what if these guys have so advanced, and with infinite resources so can just spend their lives pursuing art, culture and knowledge.

Maybe they are here to get a copy of the new Paul McCartney album to add to a vast library of art from throughout the galaxy.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Or I sometimes wonder if, alerted by the 2 nukes of WW2, they are here to monitor us and intervene in our history to ensure we don't destroy ourselves.

Similar to a wildlife charity here trying to preserve habitat so that a rare species of bird doesn't become extinct.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalRazor
Too easy to pick some of these apart, but I'm lazy at the moment, so I'll tackle the easier ones....
Why? Why travel the vast distance and risk time, resources & lives to aid a primitive, selfish and superstitious bunch of morons? What is the incentive? Exactly who deduced that aliens are morally righteous hippies that want to help anyone? That trait has NEVER proven useful in the evolution of any species....EVER.

Who said they would risk their lives and time? When you consider they may have methods and knowledge of travel like I described in the OP like wormholes and stargates, it's not far fetched to say that they wouldn't be as susceptible to casualties that would be prone to humans who don't yet possess that type of knowledge. As for being "morally righteous", if you are aligned with the theory of humanity having it's roots of origin tied to other ET's and being genetically linked to them, then it's feasible to believe that these entities may be benevolent in nature and want to see us prosper as we rightfully should opposed to destroying ourselves or being manipulated and/or destroyed by other malevolent races.

What "dimension" are you referring to? Up, down, left & right? You are aware that dimensions and universes are not the same thing, right? Oh, you might be referring to the pseudoscience sense of the word. The one they incorrectly use in metaphysics, right? If they were creatures that we could not perceive within our 3 dimensions, they would not be able to interact with us, because of fundamental laws of physics.....just as we wouldn't be able to interact with them. Their biology would be comprised in such a way to perceive and survive within their spatial dimension. And understand...dimensions are that...spatial relations. Dimensions are not the same as universes or planes.

Yes I know dimensions and universes aren't the same. I've read that beings of higher densities can alter frequency perception down to 3rd density to make themselves visible to us in this reality as well as having the technology to be able to bounce back and forth at will. In that case, then they would be able to interact with us and vice versa. Of course this ventures into realms of physics either not understood or unsubstantiated so I don't expect anyone to jump on this bandwagon yet. That includes the possibility of there being a parallel earth or earths either.

Assuming they did this once....why would they need repeated visits? We can already replicate and regrow material using a single genetic sample. If they are advanced enough to get here, they wouldn't even need to land. Theoretically, they can scan the genetic makeup of an organism remotely and replicate it. The onyl reason why WE can't do that, is because we don't yet have the technology or instruments to do so.

I didn't allude to "repeated visits". Only the plausible theory that they have at least been here once throughout our history. Some theories on the origin of man tell a tale of repeated genetic manipulation from more than one species. If so, then in that case, a return trip would be needed to gather genetic material that could have been added thousands of years prior, or later to said visit.

If you have a fundamental understanding of particle physics and have mastered interstellar travel, you would have a enough understanding to create water from hydrogen, extract minerals from nearby moons/asteroids and create gasses from readily available resources. You do not need to travel to earth.

Of course that example wasn't just limited to the gases/minerals that I included. The Annunaki for example was alleged to have mined for gold on earth in order to replenish the deficient quality of the atmosphere on their planet. That goes to show you that while they may have developed the necessary travel methods, that doesn't automatically make them proficient in the replication/extraction of whatever mineral or gas. Perhaps at the time, their civilization wasn't as focused on one aspect of technological advancements as the other. By now though I'm sure that's resolved. Of course they can go to other areas to achieve that goal but who's to say that earth is restricted. The choice is theirs to make and they can go to any planet/asteroid or any other planetary body of their choosing. Included but not limited to Earth.

Deductive logic will tell you that the only good reason for them to come here would be to...

• Invade
• Explore

No argument from me here. If fact, those reasons would pertain to numbers 1 and 3 on the list.

And in either case it would make little sense for them to hide from the general public. As of yet, there is no proof of alien visitations to earth, though I am more than confident there's other life out there.

That's another can of worms I dare not open up here (that's a thread in itself) but you're entitled to your opinion. It's good that you support the stance of there being other life out there though.

edit on CDTTue, 03 Jun 2014 22:11:30 -0500uAmerica/ChicagoJunAmerica/Chicago303011pm by TrueMessiah because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join