It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeep, Dodge Ads

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Are getting rather annoying.

Jeep ads keep demanding my screen, even after closing the ad, it returns before I can remove my mouse form the "hot" area. These Ads were obviously coded incorrectly and the "hot" spot is way too large.

Could you lease block them...until Jeep and Dodge get their stuff together.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
at least they are not trying to sell you breast implants, i'm a man i don't need those on me ATS

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

a reply to: tanka418

Ugh. You guys have it easy. I got the worst possible ads:

I'm a man - what the heck would I need these for??!?

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
What gets my Goat is TV Car ads, every time I hear the "It's gonna be a Suburu Summer" or "And it feels so god, so good, so good" I want to smash the TV. Can't these mega Corporations come up with a new ditty every now and then?

Then again they finally gave up on "Like a Rock"....

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I haven't seen the Jeep/Dodge ads. What I do see are the "Lexington- Art of Shaving" ads.

Excuse me......there is no art to shaving. You apply the cream and you scrape it of with a blade. And I do not need 5 different things to put on my face after I shave.

Anyway, I don't have too many problems with the ads. Once in a while they will expand to cover a quarter of the screen but a quick X and it's gone.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The ads are most likely different for everyone and based on your search history from your PC. Either way.....they suck.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
You get those so you can go swimming and biking and horseback riding.
a reply to: swanne

(post by Bovah removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The Jeep/Dodge ads are the worst.
As you say - "closing" them and trying to scurry around the hotspot does no good.
I wrestled with one, last night, at least 8 times. Still have no clue why it stopped appearing.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Beartracker16

hehe, good one

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I understand the ad deal, makes money ....
But sometimes I get like 5 pop ups and it is a endless cycle they just keep going and going.
Just like that dang bunny.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Yep, I get the same ones, they grow and take over half the screen, and every time I X them out they get mad and come back stronger and with more vengeance (buy our thing, we demand it!). I never had a problem with the top-of-the-page ads until the ATS logo was made much smaller and ATS's "Deny Ignorance" slogan was removed.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
WOW...almost makes me feel fortunate...I only get Jeep and a couple of others (that aren't quite as bad)...

Actually, I don't mind "civilized" ads, they can be helpful, but there is that "condition"...that they're "civilized"...which I suppose doesn't "sell" as well.

My last "adventure" required me to refresh the page to change ads.

Course, I was also kind of hoping that the virtually impossible would happen; for sites like ATS, my clients (I actually promote this), would band together and make advertisers like Jeep, and the others mentioned "get their stuff together" and produce simple "civilized" ads. and as "pressure" to get them to comply...ban their ads. Advertising networks like Adwords allows you to "block" ads dynamically.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
What I find annoying is the adds for things I already bought.
For example, if I just took out a three year lease on a new car, the last thing I want to see for the next two and a half years, at least, are car ads.

I wish there was like a central agency where you can report any major appliances and other consumer items that you just bought, so you don't get redundant ads.
All the various major online stores I use seem really retarded that way, advertising on web pages that I go to, the exact same thing as what I already bought from them.
edit on 2-6-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
... I got the worst possible ads:

I beg to differ : I get grab-a-granny "mature dating" adverts.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I hate........HATE the drop down ads that cover up the bar on the top. I also hate the auto player ads that make me turn off my volume.

It is getting worse not better guys.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
at least they are not trying to sell you breast implants, i'm a man i don't need those on me ATS

wait, you'd rather look at cars then breasts?!

you got bigger issues dude.

j/k

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I get no popups. Ever. No more than a sidebar and top ad. And no audio tracks to quiet either. I never did...so Im not sure whats up with everyone....only thing I can think of is on your phones, tabs and ltops...you must visit a TON of places. (Me too...but never an "ad" issue).

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: engvbany

originally posted by: swanne
... I got the worst possible ads:

I beg to differ : I get grab-a-granny "mature dating" adverts.

Do you realize they are loosely based off of your search history. lol

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: schadenfreude

my wife knows things, she is scary

I cannot admit things in the open, therefore nice JEEP

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join