It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freed American POW’s Father Deletes A Very Disturbing Tweet: Throws Prisoner Exchange in Question

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I was honestly surprised that Obama agreed to a prisoner exchange in the first place. Over the years and political winds we have remained pretty steadfast on one ruse: Never negotiate with kidnappers (theoretically Bowe Bergdahl was held against his will)

Now accounts vary, but it seems pretty clear that Bowe walked off his base one day. Since then some of Bowe's statements he made online have been called in to question and there has remained a thinly veiled insinuation that he was a jihadi sympathizer.

Now this tweet from his father appears, then is summarily deleted.../0/]IRJ: Robert Bergdahl's tweet

I'm pretty much of the opinion that both Bowe and Bob aren't batting for the home team here, but what say you ATS? Am I being too suspicious and what were seeing is nothing more than a father's grief and excitement/poorly chosen wording in order to make the 120 character maximum for a tweet?

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Hmm.. curioser and curioser ... looking more and more like he deserted rather than was captured ..

Wonder what spin d.c going to come up with ..

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lipton
I was honestly surprised that Obama agreed to a prisoner exchange in the first place. Over the years and political winds we have remained pretty steadfast on one ruse: Never negotiate with kidnappers (theoretically Bowe Bergdahl was held against his will)

Now accounts vary, but it seems pretty clear that Bowe walked off his base one day. Since then some of Bowe's statements he made online have been called in to question and there has remained a thinly veiled insinuation that he was a jihadi sympathizer.

Now this tweet from his father appears, then is summarily deleted.../0/]IRJ: Robert Bergdahl's tweet

I'm pretty much of the opinion that both Bowe and Bob aren't batting for the home team here, but what say you ATS? Am I being too suspicious and what were seeing is nothing more than a father's grief and excitement/poorly chosen wording in order to make the 120 character maximum for a tweet?

The guys is doing the right thing ; children are always innocent therefore whoever killed these children will have to account for their actions . I was only following orders to drop bombs on children is a flimsy excuse for God imho.
As for the Guantanamo ; it's a disgrace to Habeas Corpus ; it is about time to release these people .

Bowe & Bob are batting for the true ideals of USA ; not the corporate America and it's profit driven agenda .

2 cents

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
When this was announced on cnn, one of the news commentators said this seems right out of the TV show Homeland".

For those that didn't see any of that series - long term war prisoner turns Muslim while in captivity, gets a heros welcome home, all the while is working with middle east extremists.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Lipton

It makes little sense because it encourages more military to be taken hostage.

I was thinking maybe this was a way out for the administration to let the prisoners go free.

It is likely not what it seems.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
He was a child and not a 'man' sent off into a land we did not belong in, fighting a fictitious enemy in the name of 'freedom'. A disillusioned kid quickly grasping the futility of war is not unheard of — easily exploitable by both sides.

All eerily reminiscent of the Homeland series.

Edit: interesting to hear a few Pashtun phrases spoken on the Whithouse steps.
edit on 1-6-2014 by LarryLove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Then there was a cable news this am quoting gov. saying Bowe either could not or would not speak English. Brainwashed or traumatized?

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Lipton

Just read through the comments to that hit piece and really wonder if the internet is interminably awash with folk who lack the ability to critically think. How could any of us comprehend the emotional turmoil this family has gone through? What would we do as parents to understand what a son/daughter is going through while under effective lock and key for five years? Where does that search lead us? Do we question our own beliefs and politics?

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: LarryLove

What age does a boy become a man? He was trained and around what...22 when he was deployed?

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The release happens right after the negative VA services revelation causes a resignation and talk of fixes. Looks like an attempt to lessen the negative feelings.

Working for 4 or 5 years for his release and it hits at that moment? Sure, I can believe it.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

At that age you are still learning about the world. We all are. To be trained in the art of killing doesn't give you a quick pass to adulthood.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: LarryLove

At that age you are still learning about the world. We all are. To be trained in the art of killing doesn't give you a quick pass to adulthood.

We are always learning about the world...the Marine training certainly made my son older and changed forever.

It sounds like you can't put an age to it, I would call a guy over 18 a Man.

+24 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It's interesting that he is the only American prisoner in Afghanistan. What's
up with that? They could only catch one? Sounds to me like he walked off
the base and joined the enemy. And now his father tweets about how he is
working to free prisoners in Guantanamo? And Washington is trading
him for five of the supposedly worst criminals in there after decades of
refusing to "negotiate with terrorists"? Really? I think there's
plenty we are not being told.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I think the consensus of opinion among those more learned is that personality forms and solidifies at a generally accepted 'adulthood' level during the mid- to late-twenties. The army doesn't maketh the man.
edit on 1-6-2014 by LarryLove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: orbitbaby

I would guarantee the swapped prisoners are being tracked using some exotic technology, implants, pheromones, whatever.. Sounds like a honeypot situation. My guess, CIA operation..

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The USA has the ENEMY in power!

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

originally posted by: orbitbaby

I would guarantee the swapped prisoners are being tracked using some exotic technology, implants, pheromones, whatever.. Sounds like a honeypot situation. My guess, CIA operation..

its looking less and less like a simple prisoner exchange thats for sure.
edit on 1-6-2014 by mindseye1609 because: edited to remove surety

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LarryLove

I think the consensus of opinion among those more learned is that personality forms and solidifies at a generally accepted 'adulthood' level during the mid- to late-twenties. The army doesn't maketh the man.

I think the consensus of opinion among those more learned -

Really? Hum well I am quite well educated and so are all my Family and friends and yet I have never heard of this consensus, could you direct me to some proof of this?

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I hear 'I am quite well educated' too many times and always wonder why just 'quite'? Is there something missing? No proof, just theories and such by those with a better grasp on how the human mind develops. I stand by my comments: the army doesn't maketh the man and if you and I were honest, neither of us 'knew' who we were in our early twenties. Given, the army might deliver discipline but it sure doesn't make you any more morally upstanding than the guy or gal or didn't go through basic training.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LarryLove

No proof, just theories and such by those with a better grasp on how the human mind develops.

Again who are these people with a better grasp on the mind that gave an age for a manhood?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join