It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Pyramid on the Faroe Islands?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

That last pic you showed sure does look like many of the ancient aztec/myan pyramids when they become overgrown with vegetation - looks just like it to me - so yes, there is good reason to investigate these possible being man made further. Good Catch.
edit on 1-6-2014 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Its on the southermost island near a village called Lopra. The mountain itself is called Kirvi.
I'm not sure that all of the images are of the same mountain.

Various perspectives of Kirvi:

Kirvi, seen from north of Lopranseiði in October 2005.
Kirvi

Kirvi is to the right on this photo. The village Lopra is in the bay and the cliff Beinisvørð is to the left above the village.
Kirvi

Not very perfect from this point of view.

View from Porkeri towards Lopra and Akrar. Kirvi is in the center of this photo.
Kirvi

edit on 6/1/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I think nature can create some wonderful shapes, just look at snowflakes, or the Giants Causeway.

They seem intelligently built, but natural nonetheless.

Perhaps these pyramid shaped mountains are what inspired various cultures to model their buildings on, whether for spiritual reasons, or because from an engineering standpoint they were the best shape.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

The wind erosion makes sharp edges where water erosion makes round edges, which can be seen in the photo i embedded, the same goes for your pic's, though the mountains in your pic's are more on an island ( first pic ) where the one i show raises out of the water.

I can see how erosion can cause them to be wide at the bottom and pointy at the top, but what causes them to be square/rectangular in shape?
If we were to take a slice from about half way down we'd have an almost perfect square.

Wouldn't erosion also erode the corners and be more likely to leave a cone shaped mountain?

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk
That is what we normally see but The Faroes and Iceland are different in this case.

This is how solid rock looks when it break up, it's completly random in a way eating from one side more than the other cause the layers have been compressed a lot more and pushed vertically.

In Faroe and Iceland the layers are flat, have only been compressed by the weight above it and not by tectonic movement and it's relatively "young rock" from volcanic activity, and very loose as it's a mix of ash and magma, i would suppose that's why it gets its unique look when it erode over time and the corners are there cause there are no pressure on them, pretty much like a pyramide ironicly.

Just another pic..

edit on 1-6-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Thanks OP for posting this. The name Faroes is quite interesting. The mountains/pyramids really do look artificially constructed, similar to a step pyramid. More and more people will be uncovering more pyramids that's been there in plain sight.
edit on 1-6-2014 by FeistyFemme because: spelling correction

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
just great !!

next bosnian pyramids and china pyramids

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz
just great !!

There really are Pyramids in China...they are burial mounds.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Thanks for the smart contributions all. If anyone ever pops by Faroe Islands, take a few pics and ask the villagers about it and let us know.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Pyramids?

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

No. That would be a hill. Half of which fell into the ocean.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
If a Pyramid were ten thousands of years old, thats about what it would look like today.

If we assume there was no such thing such a long time ago, we might as well stop looking. But if there was, we would have to do a lot of looking and digging to discover it.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Wondering if like some other pyramids, if this too points to any start or constellation....

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
"Flat sides, and pointed at the top..."

The images are a bit deceiving - it's actually NOT pointed at the top. Its shape is a sort of horizontally-extended peak. If it was artificially constructed, they really screwed it up IMO.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating

originally posted by: Wolfenz
just great !!

There really are Pyramids in China...they are burial mounds.

Star stars!! huh..?

ahh I know all about the China Pryamids and contribute alot about them here on ATS

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
What if some Egyptian exploring party, I know it's a long shot, found this island seen the rock formation and then copied them?

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thefarmer
What if some Egyptian exploring party, I know it's a long shot, found this island seen the rock formation and then copied them?

The evolution of the the pyramid-shaped structure in Egypt is understood. It started with the knowledge of how to build a simple structure and, after a few thousand years, culminated with the Great Pyramid.

It started off with a simple flat-roof mastaba. Then, to go higher, they stacked one mastaba on top of another. However, for maximum stability, each successive layer of stacked mastaba needed to be smaller than the one below -- or else it would be in danger of toppling. Though this stacking of mastabas, with each getting smaller as it rose higher, they came up with the stepped pyramids. Filling in the steps of a stepped pyramid gave them a smooth pyramid. As they got more experience building these smooth pyramids, they could make them bigger and bigger, higher and higher. To get maximum height (they probably thought higher was more impressive, much like we do today), they needed to start with a huge base.

edit on 6/2/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Thank you

I didn't know that's how they came to be

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
nice finds, OP…

after seeing that the major cities on the East Coast all line up and point to stone henge and that there is a larger pyramid in China that at Giza, in addition to all the other pyramids, I suspect that either Babylon was bigger than we think or pre-flood civilizations may have been placing pyramids on the ley lines of the earth and creating evil on a scale that was hopelessly enslaving… at which point God pulled the plug and flooded the earth…

you always hear people talk about stone henge being connected energetically w the pyramids (it may have been a kind of conjuring control station for supernatural incursion of demonic spirits that were designed to enhance the energy of blood sacrifices, which druids were well-known for… plus "America's Stonehenge in NH has a blood sacrificing alter stone w groove cut out for blood collecting)
BUT you never hear any of the new agers imply that maybe the entire grid of the earth was harnessed by evil magi bent on enslaving humanity for satan.
the fact that the heads on Easter Island have only recently been discovered to have entire bodies under them belies a pre-flood aspect, as they were likely buried in flood silt.

some interesting theories:

Demon Power Built The Pyramids (Satan's 13 Step Deception 2/14)
www.youtube.com...

“a great strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake:”
1 Kings 19:11 (KJV)

YT: Nephilim: TRUE STORY of Satan, Fallen Angels, Giants, Aliens, Hybrids, Elongated Skulls & Nephilim
youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

doesn't have to be that long… Himalayas erode at 2 meters per 1,000 years…

evolution is a crock… 100 million years of erosion at the known rate is silly.

the same has been shown w ice formation… bombers from ww2 were left in Greenland and later found to be under 50 meters of ice just decades later...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join