It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden on 911

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Don't usually venture into this forum...but thought I'd get peoples opinions on what Edward Snowden had to say when asked by NBC's Brian Williams on the 911 attacks.

Here's the video:

So the he says that the US had all the information on the attacks but did nothing, I've heard this before, but what's interesting is that he doesn't mention anything about the involvement in the attacks by the US government, he doesn't confirm that part of the conspiracy theory.

Here's a couple of people's responses to it from the other misleading thread (if it's been censored, why does the video exist?):

I had my suspicions that snowden was controlled opposition, now I am pretty sure. He appears to be trying to reinforce the "meme" that 9/11 was something the US had no hand in, that was all terrorists from Afghanistan, Iraq or wherever, but had all the information to circumvent the event. Sorry, I don't buy that. If snowden had of said that the Bush administration could have called off the demolition of the WTC towers, that I would buy.

I'm thinking that Snowden believes/knows 9/11 was "an inside job" but to say it directly like that would turn probable followers away from him. He's best to keep this opinion to himself IMO.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well the first one is a doozy, he suspects Snowden is controlled opposition, BUT, if Snowden had confirmed his bias, namely demolition of the towers by Bush, then he'd buy what Snowden says?

Please...

Then the second one, he's released state secrets and really pissed off the US government, but chooses not to go so far as to implicate them in the biggest conspiracy theory in history, because it might turn probable followers away from him?

Come on, what is going on here??

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk
Don't usually venture into this forum...but thought I'd get peoples opinions on what Edward Snowden had to say when asked by NBC's Brian Williams on the 911 attacks.

Here's the video:

So the he says that the US had all the information on the attacks but did nothing, I've heard this before, but what's interesting is that he doesn't mention anything about the involvement in the attacks by the US government, he doesn't confirm that part of the conspiracy theory.

Here's a couple of people's responses to it from the other misleading thread (if it's been censored, why does the video exist?):

I had my suspicions that snowden was controlled opposition, now I am pretty sure. He appears to be trying to reinforce the "meme" that 9/11 was something the US had no hand in, that was all terrorists from Afghanistan, Iraq or wherever, but had all the information to circumvent the event. Sorry, I don't buy that. If snowden had of said that the Bush administration could have called off the demolition of the WTC towers, that I would buy.

I'm thinking that Snowden believes/knows 9/11 was "an inside job" but to say it directly like that would turn probable followers away from him. He's best to keep this opinion to himself IMO.

Well the first one is a doozy, he suspects Snowden is controlled opposition, BUT, if Snowden had confirmed his bias, namely demolition of the towers by Bush, then he'd buy what Snowden says?

Please...

Then the second one, he's released state secrets and really pissed off the US government, but chooses not to go so far as to implicate them in the biggest conspiracy theory in history, because it might turn probable followers away from him?

Come on, what is going on here??

snowden came out and told us that our government could listen to our phones and read our emails.... if people didnt already know that... thats besides the point. most of the info he gives up is pretty useless and less than earth shattering. but on the big topics... he's rather conveniently reinforcing to mainstream views..

osama bin ladies body and now 9/11. I'm sure someone else could point out other places he backs up conventional theories.

the jury is still out with me but il say its not looking good in my opinion. wayyyy to convenient for TPTB to have a talking head telling us "Secrets"

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk

Why author this thread when you knew (because you commented in it) there was already another one?

Listen, if the title of my thread bothers you THAT MUCH, ask a mod to edit it. I can't do it myself since 4 hours have passed. But don't go creating duplicate threads when you know full well there is already one up on the same subject.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

the jury is still out with me but il say its not looking good in my opinion. wayyyy to convenient for TPTB to have a talking head telling us "Secrets" - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I agree with what midnseye says here, seems like they used him to beat the discovery of what most already had an idea about with the NSA and the spying going on. They finally decided not to get caught with their pants down on something.
I was hoping when I saw the other thread that he was going to come out with some proof outside of that the agencies knew about the attacks, almost common knowledge among those that have done any research into the morning of 911 and the days and months leading to it...

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

This is about his statements and peoples reactions to them, not the lack of censorship, different subjects.

But no doubt the mods will agre with you!

edit on 1-6-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

Well it's possible, but it seems as though people are picking and choosing what he's saying is truth or not based on their preconceptions.

It's a dangerous thing to do if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Is it the majority of people or just the comments that you picked out of the other thread?

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

It's the majority so far, that's why I started this thread, to get more thoughts on it.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Did you ever think that there was more to the interview but the MSM didn't show it, that's why it's Censored. Snowden could very well have said a whole lot more, saying that the U.S gov was behind it but we all know that the MSM wouldn't show it.

Or Snowden knows that if he did say the U.S gov was behind it then the MSM could then bash Snowden & call him a nut job. "He must be insane, why else would he say the U.S gov was behind it 9/11? "

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Margana

If that's the case, then Snowden will come out and say he was censored, right?

This thread isn't about the pretend censorship that the weak minded amongst us thinks happened, that's for the other thread.

This one is about what he actually said about 911.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   

I'm not ignoring what was said in the video. It's good more people know about the intelligence gathered prior to the attacks.
You wondered why he didn't say the U.S was behind the attacks. I responded with what I think are two logical reasons

Oh & thanks for lumping me in with the "weak minded" people. I don't know what is so weak minded about theorizing about stuff but apparently you think so.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Margana

I was talking about those that were carrying on how he was censored, despite the video of what he said being readily available.

If you were one of them, then my opinion stands.

If not, then I wasn't talking about you in the first place.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609

snowden came out and told us that our government could listen to our phones and read our emails.... if people didnt already know that... thats besides the point. most of the info he gives up is pretty useless and less than earth shattering. but on the big topics... he's rather conveniently reinforcing to mainstream views..

osama bin ladies body and now 9/11. I'm sure someone else could point out other places he backs up conventional theories.

the jury is still out with me but il say its not looking good in my opinion. wayyyy to convenient for TPTB to have a talking head telling us "Secrets"

Here's something really shocking : maybe, just maybe, like a lot of people here on ATS have been saying, it really was done by terrorists! Oh my freaking God what next !

Did you miss the bit when Snowden said the authorities knew about the attack beforehand. DUH! That explains the ass covering behaviour, that explains the shock on Bush's face, that explains reading school books upside down. The authorities were so arrogant they ignored the warnings and have since spent their time covering up their arrogant stupidity. The conspiracy theorists hate to see human beings (politicians) behaving like human beings (we the people) and so have to invent all sorts of contrived explanations.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Milking it springs to mind

The longer he stays over there the more anti west and sensational his stories will become

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

originally posted by: mindseye1609

Here's something really shocking : maybe, just maybe, like a lot of people here on ATS have been saying, it really was done by terrorists! Oh my freaking God what next !

Did you miss the bit when Snowden said the authorities knew about the attack beforehand. DUH! That explains the ass covering behaviour, that explains the shock on Bush's face, that explains reading school books upside down. The authorities were so arrogant they ignored the warnings and have since spent their time covering up their arrogant stupidity. The conspiracy theorists hate to see human beings (politicians) behaving like human beings (we the people) and so have to invent all sorts of contrived explanations.

we dont need to get into details about the day but it should be painfully clear to anyone who's even done a hint of research into the history of norad intercepts and the circus that was norad on 911.

i guess the saudis musta thrown thermite and C4 from the planes into the windows of tower 7 just moments before they hit towers 1 and 2.... omg your right.... it was terrorists! this multi trillion dollar raid on a sandbox thats taken up the last 13 years of our economy is completely JUSTIFIED!! YAY!!

end sarcasm..

you remember we new all about the japanese fleet coming to attack hawaii and we chose to do nothing. it was just too convenient to bring us into the war. some even say it was provoked and suggested.

they certainly knew ahead of time that something was going to happen cause they knew someone was orchestrating it behind the scenes.

these snowden tactics remind me of a tactic i used a couple times growing up to keep myself out of trouble with my parents or other authority figures.

lets say you get busted for something that on a scale of 1-10 1 being kinda dumb ass and 10 being extra dumb ass falls somewhere around lvl 8 of the dumb ass scale... well deny whatever it is over and over and over cause a big ole stink and a fight a hold your ground on being innocent of the lvl 8 offense... well if you time the next part right it just seems to work our perfect, you then say "well i guess you did sorta get me.... i didnt really do that lvl 8 offense your so mad about i was actually off doing THIS lvl 3 offense... see totally innocent... sorta"

its the ole cop to less to hide the worst of it trick and I've used it very successfully more times then i can remember.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

Did you miss the bit when Snowden said the authorities knew about the attack beforehand.

I must have missed it, too. I heard him say they had sufficient information to stop the attacks, but he did not say they knew about the attacks. There is a difference information and knowledge, particularly when the information is diffused throughout a vast organization. That's why the IC has devoted so much money and brainpower to datamining, which has led to the thirst for ever-larger datasets to mine.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
What would Snowden know about 9/11? The guy barely got his GED...He had no government job until 2007 at the earliest...

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: totallackey
What would Snowden know about 9/11? The guy barely got his GED...He had no government job until 2007 at the earliest...

Actually, you're wrong or misleading on multiple counts in the above statement.

Snowden did not graduate from high school due to prolonged illness that made it so that he missed months of school and completed his GED by testing. In 2004, Snowden enlisted in the Armed Forces and was recruited into Special Forces but received no training after breaking both of his legs in a training accident. It was in 2006 that he became a systems administrator/TCO for the CIA.
en.wikipedia.org...

That is, of course, after 9/11. However, the issues cited by the 9/11 commission, especially in regards to the facts that our intelligence agencies did have enough information to prevent 9/11, were actually made public information. That tidbit didn't require any American capable of reading or listening to have any sort of classification or federal employment to know.

I actually made the same remark as Snowden did after the Marathon Bombing right here on ATS. If we have done all of this in order to better protect ourselves from terrorist threat, either foreign or domestic, then the surveillance and intelligence gathering programs are an abysmal failure. The elder brother was known to the intelligence community and interviewed by said community, had been warned about by the Russian government, and human error trumped all of our improvements to our intelligence gathering. We did make the haystack bigger, as Snowden put it.

If they are watching every online interaction and cellphone conversation, then how did the bomb go off in Boston? How did any of the shooters in the last year, some of which, like Eliot Rodgers, left a prolific online footprint and direct threats, succeed in killing people? Too Much Information and human error. It seems like the only time they catch a viable threat is when they entrap them. That's just catching the stupid ones and those aren't the most dangerous of them all.
edit on 1/6/14 by WhiteAlice because: added source link

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
This is network TV with an allowable area of discussion, after all, it's Brian Williams who has swallowed the OS hook, line and sinker. The last thing he needs is to be declared crazy by the masses at this point.

Unless someone has specifically dug down into 9-11, they wouldn't necessarily question it. At his age, he's barely had time to consider the other possibilities, although I'm hopeful that there is a smoking gun somewhere in all those documents.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Whom tells you it was the US government? If I was the US and had numerous allies and needed an attack on my soil to get public opinion all riled up I would the agencies of my allies handle it all, the UK, Germany, the Saudis, to name a few, assuming the US government is scared about what the American people might know or learn.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join