It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DR WHO mistake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The episode of Dr Who called hide: which is about a ghost hunt which turns out to be a time traveller lost in a dimension: has a massive mistake in it. In this episode Dr Who travells to varying different timed after having went to the place where the ghost hunt is and having seen something: this means that according to Dr Who past episodes he would be stuck there because. Why do they get writers that do not know the series.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: werewolf99

Perhaps for the same reason that Dr Who gets fans who do not understand the term "suspension of disbelief".

This is a television show about a man who wafts around space and time in something which appears to be an old police telephone box, but is actually a living machine which travels in time and space with the same ease that some people take a ride to the nearest town in a car.

Do you REALLY want to talk plot holes, bearing these things in mind? Considering the scope and longevity of the show, its a wonder the poor bugger is not his own father, mother, grand mother, and, possibly, a victorian sideboard with very short, scrolled legs!

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

from what i remember some events are fixed and some are not so they're changeable

and bow ties are cool especially with a fez

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
He's a time lord bro, he can do what ever he wants!

edit on 31-5-2014 by PLAYERONE01 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I've spotted a massive mistake in your OP , it's Doctor Who not Dr Who ... he isn't a Dr

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The Doctor has on numerous occasions proven himself wrong......If you were as big of a fan as you proclaim, this would be a truth you understand.....The truth of reality in the Doctor's reality is what it happens to be at that moment in that version of the universe he is occupying.....Everything else is bunk.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I've spotted a massive mistake in your OP , it's Doctor Who not Dr Who ... he isn't a Dr

I'm sorry, but it is Doctor..........just the Doctor....no who.....who is just the question everyone asks.

edit on 31-5-2014 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: pointr97

You are correct

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
What holds Doctor Who together is the fact that he cannot go off and come back with whatever he needs to sort the situation out: that he is stuck untill he solves it, or buggers off not to go back again.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Well how about that episode with THREE Doctors, Tennant, Smith and Hurt? The Doctor(s) used their combined experience to basically free themselves from a dungeon, even though they ended up being rescued instead. Honestly, again, it is FICTION, and one of the longest running sci fi shows ever created, so poking it for the occasional plot hole is like expecting perfect diction and good manners from a gangsta rap album!

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
He was in all the other episodes, but he was time travelling so fast, it turns out the Ghost episode was made before all the rest...

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
One thing that I've picked up over the years of Who is that the TARDIS takes him to exactly where he needs to be. So it makes sense that she takes him back to the house. It's where he needs to be. She even says it in "The Doctor's Wife" episode.

Idris/the TARDIS tells the Doctor that although she didn't always take him to where he wanted to go, she took him to where he needed to go, which explains most of the times that the TARDIS gets the flight wrong (e.g. landing on the Moon rather than Mars or when he was supposed to go to Rio and ended up in Wales)

ETA: Have watched since Tom Baker.
edit on 5/31/2014 by Thalestris because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
It's too bad that Clara wasn't dumped in the time hole and left there. Seriously not liking Clara. I miss Amy and Rory and River. But Clara ... eeeek .... perky little muff'n that is like fingernails on a chalk board.
edit on 5/31/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Regardless of the setting - fantasy or whatever, you can have whats called continuity errors. The subject of a movie (or tv series in this particular case) has nothing to do with the continuity error the OP is referring to.

Thinking like you, then a movie like Lord of Rings, or Star Wars or X-Men can do whatever they please, and have any continuity errors they want because your answer to them will be "Really, people fly and shoot fireballs out of their hands and you're worried about that?"

That said, even in a fantasy setting, you can go retard but you cant go full retard or else fans will notice that "oh come on this is just too much" - there is a level of believability even on a fantasy setting that you can't break.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FraternitasSaturni

Oh, I am familiar with continuity errors, but what I am saying, is that to single out just ONE of the many hilarious issues that Doctor Who has had with such things over the years, is not very sensible.

I would say, that for a show which has gone from serialised stories, to stand alone romps, to serialised stories,and back and forth and so on, for as long as Doctor Who, it has very few continuity errors, and there are bound to be SOME because of the nature of the show, specifically it's focus on time travel, and a man who finds it hard to stay dead, AND because in this show, the impossible is expected (Clara, who by definition is impossible by the rules laid down about such things, is a great character, but should be utterly impossible, no matter who her parents were, just for a contemporary example).

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Damn Tru, you beat me to the punch!

I don't even need to say anything now.

Also, on an entirely unrelated note, I thought it was worth pointing out how awesome your GIF avatar is. I'm listening to my ipod, see... and I exploded with laughter when I saw your avatar, because it synced up perfectly with the main chorus in the song I was listening to. See for yourself;

I'm easily amused, sorry.

"Hold up,"

*Drink*

"Hold up,"

*Drink*

"Hold up,"

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

The three doctors are different versions and they are genetically different people and this makes it possible: as stated by the doctor in Doctor Who when he regerates it is still like dying and the person left isnt really him.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: FraternitasSaturni

It isn't just a continuity error like a cup being placed in the wrong place, it is a major mistake.

new topics

top topics

join