It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden releases a exclusive interview

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Not exactly sure if this is in the right place. Mods, please move if it's not. Today, I saw that Edward Snowden released an exclusive interview with msnbc (I believe). Here is a link to the interview: (gonna try to embed it, will put another link below it incase I suck)

Edward Snowden Full Interview

What really throws me is that the anchor said that they've recieved -alot- of negative response just for -doing- the interview. That strikes me as odd. Are people in this nation really that hypnotized by what the government tells them? Do they not -want- to know the truth?

Well, can't wait to see yall's responses. As always, Blessed Be.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: jjsr420

Listen the media does not like Snowden because he will put out all the lies of this administration and of course others...after 2:03 the sound cuts out so the clip is useless

edit on 28-5-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I wonder what sort of gifts his new masters showered him With for doing it

ZZZZZzzzzzzz

edit on 28-5-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
It's sad that people want the government to keep things from them like this.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

Listen the media does not like Snowden because he will put out all the lies of this administration and of course others...after 2:03 the sound cuts out so the clip is useless

But those lies now have and anti west exaggeration attached to them, he never exposed anything this forum has been alerting us too for year nor anything illegal hmm makes you think, useful idiot springs to mind

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Snowden is an informant to the people, not really a traitor. If anything it appears our government may be the traitor of the citizens of this country. They are spying on everyone, not just the bad guys. They are not for all the people of this country, maybe only for about ten percent of the people.

You wouldn't think our military would allow our government to do this kind of stuff to it's people.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

snowden is a hero in my books
just wish we had more like him

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: SSiSSco0

snowden is a hero in my books
just wish we had more like him

I bet the US government wish they had more like him. Personally I think he is paid and controlled opposition, otherwise his entire career as a whistle blower wouldn't look like it was being run by a game show host.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Honestly I don't know -what- to think about him. I mean, he did pass up a NICE job to do this; for the people, as he says. It doesn't look like he's hurtin though. It doesn't look like he has any shortage of money to me. Again, not sure what to think.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
One point of the piece is that NBC will air the full hour tonight. In the states it's at 10 Eastern time, 9 central, and so on.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

he probably new in advance what he was going to do, so he prepared. Dif bank accounts, ect...hes a cool guy in my eyes. Would like to have a few beers with him...Then again they would probably kill him if he comes in the US again and blame it on a heart attack..

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
That's exactly what me, and my mom said. The only reason he hasn't been assasinated is because EVERYONE would know who did it. Right?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Watch the interview. My opinion of Snowden has gone down about 5 notches. He is no hero in fact he is a traitor. His own sense of self-importance has gotten the better of him. Fleeing to Russia or Cuba....ha...you think he cares about the American people? Not a bit. He was in it for fame and glory and whatever money he could milk out of it. The cow is running dry and milking time is almost over for him.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe
Watch the interview. My opinion of Snowden has gone down about 5 notches. He is no hero in fact he is a traitor. His own sense of self-importance has gotten the better of him. Fleeing to Russia or Cuba....ha...you think he cares about the American people? Not a bit. He was in it for fame and glory and whatever money he could milk out of it. The cow is running dry and milking time is almost over for him.

Staying in America would have done absolutely nothing for anybody. We wouldn't know a thing about this otherwise.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I for one dont nessicarily agree with what snowden has done. Just because of the colateral damage that could be inflicted on operatives in the field.

Edit: Leaking classified information puts OUR people at risk. That is not ok with me. I do applaude his intent though.
edit on 5/28/2014 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

Edit: wrong video my mistake. :/
edit on 5/28/2014 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

edit on 5/28/2014 by shaneslaughta because: Double post.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta
I for one dont nessicarily agree with what snowden has done. Just because of the colateral damage that could be inflicted on operatives in the field.

Edit: Leaking classified information puts OUR people at risk. That is not ok with me. I do applaude his intent though.

Edit: wrong video my mistake. :/

You could say your goverment was the one that put them at risk.

If they had not been involved in shady or out right illegal actvitys then there would be no Snowden.

Its your goverment that betrayed you.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

If Snowden had limited his release and hoovering of information before he left to what was illegal, that would also make it a bit different.

He didn't though..and frankly, most of what has so far been released about overseas activity is called good intelligence work, not outlaw. Every nation in the world with ambition or independence attempts to do the same thing at different levels of success.

It's what the NSA has done inward and against Americans that is illegal where those in the NSA live. That is what they can actually BE prosecuted for and that is what can't get anywhere as long as he did it 'to give society a chance to change'. Well.... Society blew it's chance for apathy..again...and I could have told him that would happen.

now what?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
It would have been nice if the audio didn't cut out half way through the video did anyone els have this issue?

Addressing snowden : I don't care what his job was , as long as he keeps doing his current one by exposing illegal activity and corruption...

Just saying.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Russian agent that infiltrated then extracted.
By his own words, he's never been what he appeared to be, certainly not some hoky poky sys administrator who was only following his conscience to better the world.
His only purpose was to put more smile on Putin's face as he stuck it to the West once again, ho hum.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join