It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz drops bombshell: Senate Democrats to ‘repeal the First Amendment’ this year

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+70 more 
posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) drew audible gasps Thursday when he told gathering of Christian conservatives that Democrats intended to amend the Constitution to limit free speech.

“When you think it can’t get any worse, it does,” Cruz warned at the Watchmen on the Wall gathering of pastors sponsored by the Family Research Council.

“This year, I’m sorry to tell you, the United States Senate is going to be voting on a constitutional amendment to repeal the First Amendment,” Cruz said, to the audible shock of the crowd.

Well Ted, I'm going to exercise my free speech and call you a dumbass liar. I don't think you even read the bill. Here is a copy of the bill and nowhere does it impinge on freedom of speech.

thomas.loc.gov...:S.J.RES.19:

I understand you need to rally your righwing base but come on.....that's stupid!

Is TeaParty Ted is paving the way for a run against Hillary by firing up the Christian Right. I hope so!!

Looks like the coming elections will continue to be the circus we all have come to know and love. Miss you Sarah!!!
edit on 23-5-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Glad another "weapon of mass ignorance" jumped the shark. Away with ye. Who's next?

+1 more 
posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
All i can say is lol.

LOL!

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

``Section 1. To advance the fundamental principle of political
equality for all, and to protect the integrity of the legislative and
electoral processes, Congress shall have power to regulate the raising
and spending of money and in-kind equivalents with respect to Federal
elections, including through setting limits on--
``(1) the amount of contributions to candidates for
nomination for election to, or for election to, Federal office;
and
``(2) the amount of funds that may be spent by, in support
of, or in opposition to such candidates.
``Section 2. To advance the fundamental principle of political
equality for all, and to protect the integrity of the legislative and
electoral processes, each State shall have power to regulate the
raising and spending of money and in-kind equivalents with respect to
State elections, including through setting limits on--
``(1) the amount of contributions to candidates for
nomination for election to, or for election to, State office;
and
``(2) the amount of funds that may be spent by, in support
of, or in opposition to such candidates.
``Section 3. Nothing in this article shall be construed to grant
Congress the power to abridge the freedom of the press.
``Section 4. Congress and the States shall have power to implement
and enforce this article by appropriate legislation.''.

So this bills says it's okay for a majority Republican Congress to decide how much a Democrat candidate can spend in an election?

+14 more 
posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Tell you what Ted when you are finally able to finish green eggs and ham come back and tell me what's happening in DC. Seems like Ted approves that money equals speech.
S.J.RES.19

`Section 1. To advance the fundamental principle of political equality for all, and to protect the integrity of the legislative and electoral processes, Congress shall have power to regulate the raising and spending of money and in-kind equivalents with respect to Federal elections, including through setting limits on--
`(1) the amount of contributions to candidates for nomination for election to, or for election to, Federal office; and `(2) the amount of funds that may be spent by, in support of, or in opposition to such candidates.
`Section 2. To advance the fundamental principle of political equality for all, and to protect the integrity of the legislative and electoral processes, each State shall have power to regulate the raising and spending of money and in-kind equivalents with respect to State elections, including through setting limits on--
`(1) the amount of contributions to candidates for nomination for election to, or for election to, State office; and `(2) the amount of funds that may be spent by, in support of, or in opposition to such candidates.
`Section 3. Nothing in this article shall be construed to grant Congress the power to abridge the freedom of the press. `Section 4. Congress and the States shall have power to implement and enforce this article by appropriate legislation.'.

+49 more 
posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere

So this bills says it's okay for a majority Republican Congress to decide how much a Democrat candidate can spend in an election?

Works both ways, doesn't it? Sen. Cruz is using a bit of metaphor, which literal leftists choose to not understand so they can make fun of it, but he is fundamentally correct. "Free speech" includes my giving my money to whomever I like to promise their election. The left has no problem at all with George Soros setting up a huge PAC to fight the GOP and doesn't blink an eye when Michael Bloomberg announces he's going to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on anti-gun issues. If some leftist "green billionaire" announces he's going to spend a fortune against "climate denying anti science Republicans" the left cheers in unison. But let the Koch brothers give $10 grand to anyone at all and a huge hue and cry goes out about the unfairness of it all.

The basic idea here is for the left to stifle the right in any way they can and for the right to stifle the left in the same way. It's a game if one-upmanship with the goal to have "God on your side" in the way of public support and/or outrage.

The left sees the half they want to see. And of the right were behind this, it would be the opposite.

And the sheeple go along with it.

+27 more 
posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Sometimes I think Ted Cruz is actively posting here on ATS. Some of the threads are so full of right wing propaganda it's down right embarrassing and the saddest part is that the majority of the members here take them as facts because it exposes the EVIL LIBERAL AGENDA!!

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
self edited to prevent drift.
edit on 5/23/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

The basic idea here is for the left to stifle the right in any way they can and for the right to stifle the left in the same way. It's a game if one-upmanship with the goal to have "God on your side" in the way of public support and/or outrage.

Yup. And while sociopaths in DC battle it out in their little pissing contest you, I and all us plebes suffer with restricted liberty, higher taxation, and more partisan noise on the TV and radio making our ears and eyes bleed.

+28 more 
posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Sometimes I think Ted Cruz is actively posting here on ATS. Some of the threads are so full of right wing propaganda it's down right embarrassing and the saddest part is that the majority of the members here take them as facts because it exposes the EVIL LIBERAL AGENDA!!

How are you cheerleaders for the Progressive propaganda any different????

As far as I am concerned it's people whom believe in this two party paradigm whom are guilty of the mess we are currently suffering from.

Just my two cents.....

+19 more 
posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

So are you going to pretend like the left isn't guilty of the same things?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Pretty sure you need a Constitutional Convention to do any Amendment repealing. Maybe the Senate thinks they have that much power, but they don't.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

+2 more 
posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I'm just calling it how I see it.

Go ahead and post a thread with a link to the huffington post, and watch how everyone instantly jumps on you for linking to a left wing propaganda site.

Post a link to Breitbart, CNS news or World Net Daily and whatever you posted will be viewed as facts that are exposing the evil liberal agenda backed by George Soros
edit on 5/23/2014 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: muse7

So are you going to pretend like the left isn't guilty of the same things?

Both are guilty, but ATS majority leans heavily on one side, that is a given. tho it is probably due to actions of current political party in the white house.

edit on 5/23/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The man knows his audience.

Expect to start to hear this repeated everywhere...Fox News, AM Radio, Facebook pages, and probably right here in this forum.

Facts don't matter...as long as it is something to hate the other side about the base will eat it up and spread it like wildfire.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

I gave you a star because that is one of the most rational posts I've seen coming from either the left or the right.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

And the moral is: R = D

Blindfolded voting over the past 50 years would have gotten us exactly where we are today.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
If they get that far they will go for the 2nd as well.So ,not going to happen.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join