It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Set To Build Eight Nuclear Power Plants In Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
www.zerohedge.com...

Before anyone suggests that all Russia is focusing on is China at any and all costs, consider that as we have been saying since 2012, perhaps just as important to Russia (and China) strategically is Iran which has already lashed out against the Petrodollar on numerous occasions in the past, not only for its vast oil reserves, but for its even more strategic location in the heart of the Persian Gulf.

To be sure, the Eurasian crescent of Russia and China would be made all that much stronger if the two nations had a toehold on the Straits of Hormuz, and were able to shut traffic - either tanker or military, with the US Fifth Fleet located in Bahrain - into the Gulf at their bidding. Which is why it was not surprising that not even 24 hours after Russia and China announced the "holy grail" energy deal, that RIA reported Russia is already preparing to lock in the Tehran regime with a deal to build not one but 8 (!) more nuclear power plants in the country.

I know that the linked article quotes unnamed sources and the word 'may' is an imporant qualification but things sure are moving quickly.

I can imagine a few people won't be massively happy if this comes to pass, here's looking at you Bibi.

Wonder if it will?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: khimbar

I have always thought that the mistake the British Government made was not to be better allies with the Russians and now the Chinese have simply taken away that chance.

The may is not so much a problem its the possibility that with a joint Russian and Chinese motive to improve strategies and logistics, Iran is a very good place to make a strong ally with for their pont of view.

The West had a chance to stop this huge alliance from coming to fruition and simply postured and puffed, because that was all it did in reality. With Iran in the equation they will hold huge oil and gas reserves and China will simply aid the Russians with defense were anyone of the modd to try to put a stop to building nuclear stations wherever they wished.

In truth noone had the right to say to Iran what it could and could not do, it would have been far better to have stopped the stupid sanctions which have basically opened the Iranian door to China, apart from Russian influence, and made friends - but friends means no wars and some governments need wars to literally unite and keep afloat.

Its a very sad day because the influence the West had, which once was unstoppable has suddenly ground to a very slow crawl and we are left with dubious allies who will stab Western countries in the back or attempt to use them to fight their psychotic battles whilst bleeding them financially to death.

The West won't win either an economic or physical war and probably hasn't the will either.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Well if they build those power plants il build sand castles

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
If someone is going to tell me that there is no global conflict brewing in the horizon, I'm going to shoot myself.

War seams the most obvious solution to all this mess. I guess this also might be part of the plan, to see an armed conflict as the logical reaction to get to desired solution. Pretty astute indeed...

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Im thinking many countries will/should join up this alliance soon enought! Together they can stop Nato/US invading and bombing their countries and they most likely will benefit in huge ways economical and building their cities/armies more to this day. Every country should have chance to build their countries to modern standards if they so want, everybody should have same weapons than others, if they want nukes, let them have em, when balance is shared equal there is more change for real growth. I still wonder why Russia or China didnt step up when Libya was invaded, atleast they stopped Syrian bombing but still would like to know what was happening with Libya that nobody defended them. Also wonder what is Libya today, did Rotchilds get their way with everything, how does the ppl like their lifes now than before with Gaddafi, how much west controls the country now?

LE: Oh yeah forgot to add that IMHO this alliance is great wall against WW3, i seriously doupt that such major powers would dare to go for it via straight out war. Ofcourse we have so many straight out crazy ppl in leaders position in any countries that future is always in darkness and they seem to love them war games, cant but hope peace will over come warmongoers.
edit on 22-5-2014 by romilo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
There will be no armed conflict. No one should ( i hope ) be crazy enough to think they can take on Russia and or China and win. If there will be a war it will be a financial one and even then usa will loose. Usa is a dying empire old, weak and sick.

I would however love to see a couple at least s300's and the like stationed in close proximity to the 8 nuke plants you know for security and all.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Is Iran not allowed to have nuculer power plants?? Big deal?
Get real!! , they have just as much right as any other country.

If your worried about them "enriching uranium" for a warhead , pull your head out of the mudd . i am sure if Iran wanted nukes they could simply buy them from russia . ..

I dont however agree with the fact of using nuculer power plants at all in ANY country . they are dangerous and pose a serious risk , if something were to happen of course. ..

Just saying , stop freaking out and concidering this to be some act of Agression and a declaration of war ..

edit on 0571013155751nd by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

Hello,

Where did I say they couldn't have 'nuculer' (sic) plants? Or I'm worried about enriched uranium?

Or where am I freaking out exactly again?

Thanks.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Glad to hear this. Iran has as much right as Israel. I guess this makes it official; Sides are being chosen. I bet people Like Joe Biden and Benjamin Nitwityahoo are fuming. lol I also would imagine that congress are regretting sticking their nose in Russias business. haha

top topics

join