It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Soros sells all shares of Citigroup, Bank of America and JP Morgan

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaRAGE
I just want to let you guys know that George Soro's knows that he is famous and that tons of people follow his stock movements. This is how he can and does manipulate the market for his own benefit. You see him short a currency? Words gets spread he put a billion dollar short on a currency. People think he knows things, and short the currency too. Gues what. The currency goes down in value.... Self fulfilled prophecy. Market manipulation.

This is exactly what I was thinking. He sells his shares-- everyone else follows suit -- the value/cost of the shares goes way down -- then he scoops them all back up for a song. Manipulation indeed.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
This is probably just temporary, once Soros was short on those bank stocks it would behoove him to have his followers continue the sell off, perhaps even while he unloaded his short positions. Most of the major banks still have a lot of old overvalued real estate holdings
on the books as "cloud inventory".

money.cnn.com...

If you watch your local Foreclosure auctions you will quickly notice that the majority of foreclosed properties are returned to the "plaintiff", which is the foreclosing bank . Very few get sold at the auction for cash anymore. Many of those taken back by the bank will eventually show up in the Homepath lists or back on the market as cloud inventory which keeps portfolio values high. Its sometimes easier to do an expensive temporary lease back arrangement with the defaulting owner.

Interest rates are coming down again and there is nothing that will force the banks to clean up their books and dump those overpriced assets at distressed property prices that I can see.

I doubt the recent Russian/Chinese news contributed to Soros decision much.

edit on 22-5-2014 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

That is what I would assume as well. Hes playing follow the leader and he is leading people off a ravine while he has a five jet packs to fly off into the sunset.

He can't loose in this scenario. If the US dollar is actually weakening he wins. If it doesn't he can still manage to make a plan B to make money off the followers.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: bitsforbytes
a reply to: DaRAGE

That is what I would assume as well. Hes playing follow the leader and he is leading people off a ravine while he has a five jet packs to fly off into the sunset.

He can't loose in this scenario. If the US dollar is actually weakening he wins. If it doesn't he can still manage to make a plan B to make money off the followers.

Of course the US dollar is weakening, anyone who pays half attention to the markets and whats going on in the world can see this......

The middle east has long moved off using the US dollar as a standard in the oil markets......

Many countries are dumping our dollar and have been for the past 5 years........

None of this is new its BEEN happening, its just the media doesnt report it, and the markets are being manipulated and inflated to make it look like everything is peachy keen, when its far from it.....

As someone who has made good money playing the money markets.........I wouldnt touch the US dollar.......

Now the Dinar.....different story.....I wouldnt be surprised to see Soros starting gobbling some of this up, considering the recent events in Russia and China and how strong this currency is , and will continue to become
edit on 5/22/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/22/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
I would pay close attention to what he does, if the banks do fail again, would there be a bailout this time? Or could this be related to what Russia and China are doing, could this lead to banks failing?

There would be. The banks are even bigger and more entrenched now than they were in 2008. The problem is the only move the government has left to bail them out is wealth confiscation. We used every single financial trick in the book to keep things in a holding pattern after 2008. Since then there has been no recovery we have simply stopped the decline at the cost of 85 billion a month.

When the banks fail again there will be riots. This isn't an if scenario either, it is a certainty. Before Glass-Steagall there was a banking crisis every 10 years or so, we are due for another in the 2017-2018 range. It will be the big one.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Indeed, this guy has been profiting off the best scheme that ever existed to make money; lending with interest a fiat or backed currency. This has a limit and that limit has been erased and reset higher every time that limit was reached. The frequency at which these resets have been happening have been picking speed as the dates between each crash have been getting shorter and shorter.

So this guy pulled out, the game is over? Bright as day he leaves this cow which has been giving him milk in abundance to hoard for decades?
Maybe because, JP Morgan is loosing money every time they give out a mortgage, they loose around 1500$ this is huge multiply by the number of loaners, you and I don't feel bad them but he is business and he is not going to stick around if there is no way to turn this around. Or he could not agree with his peers and pulled out.
edit on 22-5-2014 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

Either way the currency is fading slowly.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Just to back up what some others said, it's not just Soros that does this, he's one of the few individuals that can but the multi billion dollar hedge fund managers can do the same thing. By pulling out of a market they make that market go down, and by buying into a market they make that market go up for guaranteed profits. Soros can collapse one industry and inflate another with the type of wealth and reputation he has. Even when he's wrong he still makes the market spike which guarantees profits for him.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaRAGE
I just want to let you guys know that George Soro's knows that he is famous and that tons of people follow his stock movements. This is how he can and does manipulate the market for his own benefit. You see him short a currency? Words gets spread he put a billion dollar short on a currency. People think he knows things, and short the currency too. Gues what. The currency goes down in value.... Self fulfilled prophecy. Market manipulation.

Can't fault this logic, so unless insider dealing is proven it's the best working theory as to Soros' activities.

edit on 23-5-2014 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
It should be obvious he has been waiting for something to ride the coat tails make a move hope people follow him (what he's in now) he pulls out and reinvests in what he first pulled out of. Plays are ok but dirty plays and ones you see through are a joke. It might work if he well I'll just say it won't work.

a reply to: andr3w68

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
No doubt he is pulling his money out for the inevitable collapse of the dollar.

What do you think? Later this summer? Sometime when the entire Pacific West Coast is on fire due to drought?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: oneupShadow
No doubt he is pulling his money out for the inevitable collapse of the dollar.

What do you think? Later this summer? Sometime when the entire Pacific West Coast is on fire due to drought?

It could just be a steep drop for the US dollar. But with how many banks he pulled out from I'm betting we'll see a drop in three months maybe less. How far we'll drop no clue.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ObjectZero

Isn't that technically what happens when something collapses? A steep drop. I don't see the dollar re-stabilizing anytime soon. The whole premise of the dollar is a fallacy and the people are starting to become away of that. The ONLY sensible move would be to go to a gold/silver backed currency and create a localized NON-PROFIT banking system, ran by the people for the people. Well, that's my opinion anyway.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
He's done this to other countries by De-stabilizing the banks...

Maybe seizing his assets....

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Just thought I'd ask,

If the US "tanks" - do you think anyone will notice that there is no money to keep the nuclear arsenal "safe"?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
There could be some big scandal ready to break concerning these banks and involving all the banker deaths.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
yah nothing like foreseeing the collapse you are helping to engineer!! Soros is so evil I cannot comprehend, and it is rare for me to say that.
edit on 23-5-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
There could be some big scandal ready to break concerning these banks and involving all the banker deaths.

There has been a big scandal since the BofA hacks a couple years ago. There is something very very wrong with our banking system and the government is complicit in helping to hide it. So far they've managed to cover it up...

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
here is the the real easy way to know whats going on. If you think the dollar is going to be worthless and you think that these pundits know whats going to happen and are dumping their stock in banks because the dollar is going to be useless. what are they doing with the DOLLARS they get in exchange for the shares they are selling??

Are they converting it into bananas??

It cant be dollars if they think its going to be worthless can it? Thats just stupid and goes against the very premise that these guys are in the know.

So what are they changing their dollars into. Surely if you know they are selling you should be able to find out what they are buying too. So follow the money. Its not rocket science.

Also as much as I would love to see the dollar represented for its true value which is garbage its not going to happen for the only reason that currently there are more people who will loose from it who have power than the ones who will gain from it that have power. Only when that power shift occurs will the dollar drop and that wont happen without a war. When the bombs start flying i'll believe it.

so edit to add seems like he is investing in tech and gold nothing revolutionary i'll wait and see
edit on 24-5-2014 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
A guy named Wiedemer and a small handful of others predicted the collapse of the stock market that occurred in 2008. The knew about the sub-prime mortgage bubble and knew it would bust! They are once again warning people that the bottom is ready to fall out. Warren Buffet and many others are also selling all or most banking stocks. They have no faith is consumer spending, which is very alarming. I see this headed for big time inflation, stagflation or hyperinflation. The federal Reserve thinks that by printing all that dough it would stimulate the economy but when the money finally comes through, then we’ll see SHTF. The” Quantitative Easing program” The way I look at this is we are coming out of the eye of the hurricane from 2008. Sure we will see ups and downs in the stock market for long term investors but I assume this time they will have no choice but to declare a federal bankruptcy or sorts. We saw Europe lose their constitution in 2005 and replaced by a treaty. ‘The Lisbon Treaty” Do you think the US is immune? I certainly don’t! We are way in over our heads. Perhaps they will attempt a NWO, devalue currencies and replace with a credit system or a “HELP” Treaty. The housing market is doing just fine for the time being, banking seems to be the main concern with a trickle down economic catastrophe looming. Buy physical silver and gold. I’m not an economist it’s simply common sense. No one wants stocks with falling profit margins and small dividends. When people start racing off to buy government bonds we know we have another serious bubble that may pop. In 2009 the IMF want to get rid of the dollar and replace it. Then what?

That guy’s name “ Wiedemer” reminds me of the WEIMAR GERMANY HYPERINFLATION

Here is a thread I made in 2009 that didn’t get much attention but the comparisons are incredible and interesting to read. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
So what are the Rothchilds doing? And has any news media had the balls to actually ask Soros why he sold out?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join