It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resource Strategist Warns of New Threat: “It Would Be the Greatest Blackout in American History"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Shortages of strategic resources are usually very common for wartime, and a 'cold war' is no different.

Take WW2 for instance, there was a massive shortage of copper, so the U.S. issued steel pennies. Why a lack of copper? Well, obviously for wiring and for ammo cartridges.

My point is, that when a nation is short on resources, it makes do. As far as liking the solution, that's a different story.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Hey Canada how would you like to sell us twice as much?

I hope you don't actually think we can just magically pull more uranium from our butts because you asked nicely...

It's not like we have 50,000 sq mile warehouse sitting in Nunavut piled high with excess uranium just in case one of our customers might need a little extra.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Then don't sell to us. LOL

There is plenty to go around. The OP is trying to argue because 4% or even 7% of the world supply will be ignorantly withheld that we will revert to a stone age. Please.

Get real.

The fact is this is a mouth piece meant to scare an American response from its public to its leadership.

We don't need Russia for our energy needs. They were GIVEN that 20% trade deal to help them when their government collapsed and their people were on bread lines. We can do without their supply just fine. Money talks and BS walks. We have enough invested in the UN, IMF, world bank and every other important entity on a global scale that we can find plenty of alternatives for the right price.

edit on 5 20 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bservant

Would you, or someone, mind helping me to understand what the issue is? The Q.O.E. owns 85% of the worlds Uranium, so I'm struggling to see why all these market permutations with Russia matter so much?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Explains why China is looking South to Australia.
The interdependence of Nations through trade is staggering.
We're all so deeply entwined economically we can't fight or we ruin ourselves.
Interesting times.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Yeah, so we resort to shooting down each others meteors and the occasional Proton Rocket. Then, in retaliation, Spetznaz sets mad wildfires in Western America after DevGru blows up the largest natural gas refinery in Russia, and the Chinese continue to build Cities in the middle of nowhere for their new American debt slaves/living organ doners.

Anyone notice how Obama changed the laws terminology that calls a full motor coach evacuation of the Western United States from "in the event of a large natural or man made disaster" to "Any large, or PRESIDENTIALLY DECLARED, natural or man made disaster"?

Be pretty damn easy to fake some numbers, make everyone think it's about to blow and that they want to SAVE us, declare martial law and send the people on his 'threat matrix list" to die in the Outback or the Brazillian rain forest. After disarming us, of course.

Victory, with a greatful populace and not a shot fired......

Man, I hope I'm just wierd.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join