It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

W T H Crashed on the Moon?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Perusing Youtube I came across this video and didn't remember seeing it here (and search found nothing either...). I decided to post in hopes it hasn't been seen here, yet, and that it is actually something interesting.

The guy says he caught a large, very fast object skip across the lunar surface in early 2014 and that it left new craters for all to see.

He then posts a video of a hard (to impossible) to see anomalous object skimming the surface that changes direction several times... don't know about that one as I couldn't see it and with CGI, etc., who knows ...but thought something that leaves craters for verification in the first part of the video at least worthy of note.

WTH Crashed on the Moon
edit on 5/18/2014 by Baddogma because: deleted heck

edit on 5/18/2014 by Baddogma because: added on

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Just a guess but I'd say a small asteroid/meteorite that was falling apart. It's not like the moon being pot marked by falling objects is anything new.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Yeah, I agree... but an asteroid hitting the moon is noteworthy, heh, and worth a look! (eta) But it wasn't "small" and apparently left some craters... so no, likely no aliens, but a pretty lively cosmological event right on our doorstep. If that thing had hit us, we sure as heck would have heard about it on Earth. (end)

The Youtube poster ran with it, wondering if it was a huge spaceship or something ...mainly because he couldn't see "flashes" at the impact sights... whatever... but a huge asteroid skimming the moon is pretty cool, never-the-less, no?

A commenter did some math and as the thing traveled across a couple thousand miles in under 5 seconds, he thought it was doing in excess of a million miles per hour... I'm too lazy to check that, but a cool event that is new to me, anyway.

Regards, Slayer...

edit on 5/18/2014 by Baddogma because: Add

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I don't have time to watch the video but given your description of events I would guess it's either a meteor or some sort of space junk.

To be honest I believe there is other life in the universe but I doubt they would travel 100's of millions of miles and then crash when they reached Earth.

Why? If they can navigate such a distance and avoid god knows what why would they get to our planet then crash?!?

It just doesn't make sense.

edit on 18-5-2014 by minusinfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I too would imagine the likeliest answer to be an asteroid or meteorite. Perhaps the zoom is not enough to see the smaller fragments, and the larger fragment that appeared to change direction was just big enough to be seen. So maybe there was some debris going in all directions, but could not be seen. I don't know if that is what happened, but it seems plausible.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

And thanks Komodo... I forgot the exact logistics on posting videos as I don't make threads often... so relied on some kind soul like you to do it. I know one leaves off part of the URL... but then I fizzled as I have Sunday brain.

So thanks... and apologies that the guy's commentary is insufferable.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Possibly a satellite crossing the field of view? It seem's that if it skipped over the moon creating craters, it should have massively slowed down, but it seems to maintain a constant fast speed. But it's so grainy, and the guy bored me to death so I had to skip through to the vision. Not sure what else he waffled on about, but he seems rather sensationalist.
edit on 18-5-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This really made me think. The man in the video is correct, 200+ miles in under 5 seconds is amazing. Sure an asteroid could possibly do that but surely the shape of both the asteroid and terrain would maybe stop it from doing so. At this speed an impact would have been huge! Because it was almost like skimming a stone I have a feeling it was intentional and that it could be some special ET thing. I remember seeing a video of a glowing UFO doing the same movements here on Earth. Moving very fast and skimming along the surface of our planet. The last bounce however ended in a lot of debris and broken pieces so if this wasn't intentional then it could be a crash.

NASA hiding it doesn't mean it could be alien though. It could just mean that they want it concealed until they know what it was. I still think it could be intelligent. Good find!

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
In the other 2 threads about this the general consensus was that it was a bug or bird between the camera and the moon. Then somebody said it was a UFO, then someone else was all "...you UFO nuts", and then they were like " you guys are just deniers" and then somebody was all "you're a shill!" and then they were all like "already posted". I think I just wrote the ATS biography.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

I was just thinking it was impressive that no one had yet to say how it had already been posted lol.

And yes, great break down how it goes down at ATS

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Thank you Abe/Ferris... I KNEW it... and that's why I have a total of what, four threads here? I knew full well going in it HAD to be a repeat as most everything is... but guessed if I had missed it and I practically live here, then why not add to the noise for the others who missed it, too?

I tried though, lord (nonexistent or not) knows I tried to find this!

And for the record, it's an asteroid... a huge chunk of space rock full of energy and it's neat-o keen-o and a pretty sobering near miss.

edit on 5/18/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

And yes, the energy expended in the hits on the surface, I'd think, should have slowed it more, despite the lower gravity and lack of atmosphere... but it's hard to gauge much with the distance and fuzzy video... coupled with the amazing velocity.

The guy is definitely a sensationalist... but he seems to have caught something interesting with his telescope.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

Thank you Abe/Ferris... I KNEW it... and that's why I have a total of what, four threads here? I knew full well going in it HAD to be a repeat as most everything is... but guessed if I had missed it and I practically live here, then why not add to the noise for the others who missed it, too?

I tried though, lord (nonexistent or not) knows I tried to find this!

And for the record, it's an asteroid... a huge chunk of space rock full of energy and it's neat-o keen-o and a pretty sobering near miss.

The only thing about that event was the new craters pointed out..if they were new that is. Perhaps the asteroid had a couple of smaller erstwhile friends?

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

There are already multiple threads on this subject. Nothing crashed on the moon. A bird or a bat flew in front of it, producing a faint dark streak in his video. Impacts on the moon result in momentary flashes on the lunar surface, even though the objects that hit them are too small to resolve prior to impact. His claimed object would be huge if it were as far away as the moon, and impossibly fast; faster than galactic escape velocity. He claims to have found the impact crater as well:

In truth, there's nothing new there at all,I photographed the moon last night at the same phase angle as he did when he claims to have observed an impact, but with higher angular resolution than he can manage:

His crater should be right in the center of the image, but nothing new is there. Here's a comparison between my image from last night and a photo of the moon from the Photographic Lunar Atlas published in 1960.
dropcanvas.com...

This comparison image flashes between my image and the corresponding Lunar Atlas photo which would contain his crater's location, then at the end holds for a moment on his photo where he himself circled his crater's location. As you can see, nothing is there in my photo which is not also in the Lunar Atlas photo from 1960. QED.

Here's the raw video I recorded of the moon last night:

edit on 18-5-2014 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
a reply to: Komodo

And thanks Komodo... I forgot the exact logistics on posting videos as I don't make threads often... so relied on some kind soul like you to do it. I know one leaves off part of the URL... but then I fizzled as I have Sunday brain.

So thanks... and apologies that the guy's commentary is insufferable.

np.. just remember..

all you need everything after the "=" sign in the you tube url

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ngchunter

Your contributions to this site are amazing, well constructed and researched and backed up with your own data. Impeccable rebuttal to the video makers claims. Well done, and thankyou!

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Great YT clip, very interesting stuff. What's scary is that if those objects in the clip are 10-40 km each, just imagine how close those giant rocks were to Earth. Looking forward to watching this thread develop, especially knowing that I don't know much on the subject...

And you gotta wonder why it's not being discussed like the YT guy suggests? Is there something coming our way? Is this so common that they don't care to react to it? Now my conspiracy mind is going into that dangerous play so much of us know.... hahahaahaha
edit on 18-5-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
it was me. sorry

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
And you gotta wonder why it's not being discussed like the YT guy suggests?

Because it's not real. See above.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join