It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Reorientation 6: We Are All Prophets

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: EviLCHiMP

Divine love is not an empty concept. You just spoke of people seeing labels instead of the person behind them and just turned around and labeled my concept as empty. That is completely hypocritical.

Can you prove that divine love exists outside of our minds?

I concur with Aphorism when it comes to esoteric concepts that possess no substance outside of the individuals who subscribe to them. For instance, after you die, your version of divine love will die with you.
edit on 19-5-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Divine love is not an empty concept. You just spoke of people seeing labels instead of the person behind them and just turned around and labeled my concept as empty. That is completely hypocritical. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you wish to be so judgemental, go interact with people instead of a computer. You might get better results that way. We're here discussing ideas, not each other.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

Divine love is not an empty concept. You just spoke of people seeing labels instead of the person behind them and just turned around and labeled my concept as empty. That is completely hypocritical.

Divine love cannot be reduced to an expression of language because language is a label. I can show you divine love through my actions and self sacrifice. I cannot prove something to you that you do not perceive as being valid. Surely you understand what I mean by this.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

You speak of wanting to be remembered and yet you speak so demeaningly to others. How do you expect to be remembered if you patronize anyone who doesn't agree with your hypocrisy. Surely if you are wise enough to know spirituality so well you would see your mistakes.
- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I speak of ideas, not others. What about you?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Divine love cannot be reduced to an expression of language because language is a label. I can show you divine love through my actions and self sacrifice. I cannot prove something to you that you do not perceive as being valid. Surely you understand what I mean by this.

Surely you can relate an example of Divine Love.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aphorism

Divine love is not an empty concept. You just spoke of people seeing labels instead of the person behind them and just turned around and labeled my concept as empty. That is completely hypocritical. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you wish to be so judgemental, go interact with people instead of a computer. You might get better results that way. We're here discussing ideas, not each other.

You speak as if I am judging you when I have only pointed out the mistakes in your words and then reply by labeling me as being on the computer too much. Again hypocritical statements.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
You said yourself that divine love is an empty concept so surely there is no amount of words that can persuade you otherwise. Divine love is self sacrifice if a label must be placed on it.
edit on 19-5-2014 by EviLCHiMP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Perhaps you could explain exactly why you see such a concept as being "empty". I can see what Chimp is saying though - here you are preaching the evils of applying labels, and then you apply a label. And yes, describing anything as "empty" is applying a label.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

You speak of wanting to be remembered and yet you speak so demeaningly to others. How do you expect to be remembered if you patronize anyone who doesn't agree with your hypocrisy. Surely if you are wise enough to know spirituality so well you would see your mistakes.
- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I speak of ideas, not others. What about you?

I choose to speak what I wish to speak and if I make a mistake of character I apologize and admit my faults. I recommend everyone to attempt such.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

We're both on the computer in case you haven't noticed. The internet is not the place to judge the actions of others. You are not actually interacting with me, so whatever you might say about me is founded on very little.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: EviLCHiMP

You said yourself that divine love is an empty concept so surely there is no amount of words that can persuade you otherwise. Divine love is self sacrifice if a label must be placed on it.

In other words, absolute selflessness. An entirely unrealistic ideal to hold yourself to if you are any kind of organic lifeform.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

Perhaps you could explain exactly why you see such a concept as being "empty". I can see what Chimp is saying though - here you are preaching the evils of applying labels, and then you apply a label. And yes, describing anything as "empty" is applying a label.

That is fair. When I think of Divine Love, nothing comes to mind. When I use it in a sentence, the sentence becomes meaningless.

Empty is an adjective. I speak of noun labels, ie. I am an atheist.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

That is fair. When I think of Divine Love, nothing comes to mind. When I use it in a sentence, the sentence becomes meaningless.

And that is fair. But adjectives are still labels. Any word is a label, actually.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Double post.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

That proves to me that it exists inside the mind. If it relies solely on my perception, that is.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

In other words, absolute selflessness. An entirely unrealistic ideal to hold yourself to if you are any kind of organic lifeform.

Indeed, but when my beliefs are of this reality being an illusion casted as to allow the Creator to experience himself it gains realistic application. But those are just my own beliefs, surely you have your own as well.
edit on 19-5-2014 by EviLCHiMP because: typing on mobile phones is hard lol

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Unless, of course, that perception of selflessness grows to also include one's own self as a valid part of what exists. For some, it is a natural evolution as the perception of awareness starts to peer back in on itself.

Then it goes back to total and complete selfishness, with the general societal appearance of total selflessness. Such a wide gap in perspectives on that one. Labels really are a funny thing.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I respect your beliefs and I mean no disrespect to you personally, I just see that we are having a philosophical debate about our minds perceptions.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

That proves to me that it exists inside the mind. If it relies solely on my perception, that is.

May it be said that everything we perceive only exists through mind?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

Unless, of course, that perception of selflessness grows to also include one's own self as a valid part of what exists. For some, it is a natural evolution as the perception of awareness starts to peer back in on itself.

Then it goes back to total and complete selfishness, with the general societal appearance of total selflessness. Such a wide gap in perspectives on that one. Labels really are a funny thing.

Definitely something to ponder. Thank you

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join